What current Hollywood trend do you hate?

Tools    

Yeah, I get it, and maybe I was not clear. I don't think all Millenials are hyperactive, I was merely saying that those who are are more able than me to watch, say, PJ's King Kong or Iron Man.

I did not intend to deprecate anyone, especially when I've been on this board for such a little time. I'll be more carefull with my phrasing next time. I am not a native English speaker, and I very rarely write in English, so sometimes I can be quite blunt.

Also, I was born in the late 80's, so that makes me just a few years older than you. Grandpa lol.
You are, technically, a millennial.

I got one and a half gripes with the industry right now.

Hate to repeat what has already been said, but the reboots/remakes need to ease up. Now there have been some GREAT remakes and reboots. The Zack Snyder Dawn of the Dead remake was great, the 1959 remake of Ben-Hur (remake of the silent era film) is one of my top 25 favorite films of all time, and I really dig the like of The Departed, The Magnificent Seven, Blow Out, and and I actually liked the Sandler Longest Yard remake. Hell, Mad Max: Fury Road I actually have come to love more then The Road Warrior. Max Max: Fury Road was an idea I LOATHED when it was first announced. But George Miller, the original director of the Mad Max trilogy (and one of my all time favorite trilogies at that) took the helm, was given $150 million dollars, and then just went nuts. GENIUS reboot.

But between a needless Ghostbusters reboot, Terminator Genysis, a head scratching 2nd remake of Ben-Hur, rumors of a Big Trouble in Little China remake staring The Rock, a Death Wish remake with "I stopped caring about acting" Bruce Willis, the reboots of numerous slasher horror franchises, this stuff needs to stop! If it doesn't we might get a remake of Chinatown with Channing Tatum as Jake Gittes and Lindsey Lohan playing Ms Mulwray. Or a remake of Network where Peter Finch is replaced by Jon Stewart, Robert Duvall is played by Steven Colbert, John Oliver takes over for William Holden, Ned Betty is replaced by Steve Carrell, and Faye Dunaway's character is played by Sarah Silverman. Or Heaven forbid a remake of A Clockwork Orange starring Russell Brand.

Also, I don't like the fact that there is an over emphasis on franchises/ shared universes/ sequels galore. Even if the sequel follows the film by 30 years. Now sequels are not bad and shared universes are not new in film either. Kevin Smith did it with his View Askewniverse movies (Clerks, Mallrats, etc) and the Universal monster movies had cross overs multiple times, and I loved all of those flicks. Also, for the record, I LOVE the Marvel Cinematic Universe. And the reason a lot of people are trying to cash in on franchises is because Marvel / Disney have found a formula for excellent movies with consistent quality of feel due to a team of writers and quality control by Kevin Feige. But Marvel does it VERY well. Others tried to force it.

As much as it pains me to say, DC is trying too hard to catch up with Marvel, and Universal flat out failed to make a shared universe with The Wolf Man and that Dracula Untold movie. Not everything needs to be a franchise. We can make great movies that are one and done, they did it all the time before, especially in the 70's. Not everything needs a sequel. So it is sad when some people try make a sequel out of something that does not need it. Granted it is nothing new (Jaws and Highlander) but in the need to keep up with Marvel and Disney, all the other Studios feel the need to try and keep up with them in a similar fashion. Leading to needless sequels from the Fast and the Furious franchise, a so not needed sequel to Blade Runner, and way to many Chipmunk movies.

But ultimately they are just that. Gripes. I still have plenty of films I want to see. Marvel is still making great movies, Scorsese is still working, Kevin Smith still has my attention, Disney Animation is on a roll, and there are directors who I will continue to follow like David Ayers, Inarritu, and (if he doesn't screw up his career with Blade Runner 2) Denis Villeneuve.

Hate to repeat what has already been said, but the reboots/remakes need to ease up.

and way to many Chipmunk movies.
I can but wholeheartedly and earnestly apologise

Wrong Chipmunks. Not unless you funded the damn Squeakels.
Phew ... not guilty yer Honour, never contributed a red cent (or a grey, green or blue one either) in any way, shape or fashion ... I can once more venture my head above the parapet then

Welcome to the human race...
Pfft, everyone knows that the Fast and Furious franchise only gets better with each new sequel.

For me, a lack of true artistry and passion. I'm strictly talking about Hollywood blockbusters here since indies and even sometimes studio films can have that. Blockbusters nowadays feel like they are made by committee and for money. Yes, the directors, actors, writers etc. may be passionate about these films. But they feel empty, they don't feel like they had any passion injected into them.