Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Embrace of the Serpent (2015)

Herzog mixed with Coppola with a pinch of Kubrick. This film was fascinating as hell... I embraced it alright, but I have yet to absorb it.

I'll be seeing this again for sure.

a married couple and the husbands brother go camping in the woods,when one morning they wake up with marks on their heads-both food,tents and other belongings have been stolen.They soon realise that they are being hunted.

Horrible acting,bad editing,no atmosphere-no successfull build up,its all been done before and its all been seen before. Not really even entertaining

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Buffalo '66 - 10/10

Even though I just saw this, a friend of mine wanted to see it. I've posted my thoughts a couple of times. I gave it a 9 last time, but that's just the reactionary critic score. It's not as great as my favorite movie ever, but to me, it's made perfectly. I'm trying to find a way for it to climb on my Top 10.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
A masterpiece. The ending made me cry.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground

Stalag 17 (1953)

My kind of entertainment. I've seen brief parts of it on late night TV, over the years. You know, that one final surf before you turn in for the night. Never really caught the title. I'm glad I finally had a chance to put two and two together, without going out of my way or trying hard to find it. I just watched the whole thing, from start to finish. For me, it's like finding that hidden gem. I won't forget the title anytime soon.

Stalag 17 (1953)

My kind of entertainment...For me, it's like finding that hidden gem. I won't forget the title anytime soon.
One of my all time favorite war films. Glad you enjoyed it!

The Blob -

Yeah, sorry wasn't a fan of this. I get why it is liked but it just isn't for me. It is really campy and cheesy, this can be and is a good thing in many cases but not for me at least here. I liked Steve McQueen, he seems to be a really well know actor even now and i haven't seen him in much, obviously i doubt this is one of his great performances but he was enjoyable. Wasn't a fan of any of the other performances really though, also there's something about the main antagonist being a pink blob that makes me think i'd never enjoy a The Blob film too much haha.

Stalag 17 (1953)

My kind of entertainment. I've seen brief parts of it on late night TV, over the years. You know, that one final surf before you turn in for the night. Never really caught the title. I'm glad I finally had a chance to put two and two together, without going out of my way or trying hard to find it. I just watched the whole thing, from start to finish. For me, it's like finding that hidden gem. I won't forget the title anytime soon.
One of my all time favorite war films. Glad you enjoyed it!
Nice one. I don't hear too much about this film, I know it's well regarded, but other Wilder titles are much more discussed around this forum. I think I watched it last year after recording it, and my step-dad told me it was one of his favourite films, and I loved it. Really cool film.

Superman Returns - it's 9/10 for me
Pirates 2 - it's 7/10
Doom - this one I'm quite disappointed so I will give it like 5/10

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Stalag 17 (1953)

I've read that some people have a slight problem with the juxtaposition between humor and the serious topics in this film. (esp. the exploits of "Animal" and the guy who played "Eric Von Zipper" in all those Frankie & Annette beach movies).

As always, I have to mention that this film was quite apparently the inspiration for the TV series "Hogan's Heroes".

P.S. I like to imitate the nasally-voiced guy (I think he was the mail delivery guy) who would say, "At ease! AT EASE!!!"

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
They Shoot Horses, Don't They? - 10/10

This is my 4th favorite movie ever. 5th time I've seen it, but a friend wanted to watch something dark, and a movie about America. He loved this a lot, and I keep finding something that makes it better.

I'd be more than willing to e-mail you this movie.

Listen To Me Marlon -
+

Obviously i'm a big movie fan or i wouldn't be here and i have seen a fair amount of Documentaries as well. Never really mixed the two and watched a documentary about a director or actor or whatever. Also Brando is one of my favourite actors. So this was interesting. I wasn't aware this was made from audio tapes recorded by Marlon, it was fascinating at times. Honestly, i think the film is better than my rating i just wasn't completely interested at all times. Think quite a few here would like this.

I have to return some videotapes...
Freaks and Geeks (1999-2000) -
+

Super funny and great depiction of what high school is like. Great casting and just a really good feeling vibe. I wish Samm Levine got more work.

Suicide Squad (2016)

"You know what they say about the crazy ones..."

Movie was okay, pretty by the books. Cast was pretty good overall. My biggest confliction with this movie and the one thing everybody was thinking about going into this movie is ofcourse the Joker. I didn't hate Jared's portrayal, but I still found it very odd and way too over the top. Heath Ledger's joker was a little over the top but he still had a touch of realism to him, he was wacky and crazy but also reserved in many instances as well. Its difficult for me to put it into words. Jared's Joker seemed like he was straight out of one of the Batman cartoons, seeing this Joker in real life he just felt out of place next to the other characters. I guess they really had no other choice as they had to try and to live up to Ledger's fantastic performance from the Dark Knight. Leto's performance wasn't horrible by any means, but it could of been much better and was not as good as Ledger's performance. And this is coming from someone who didn't even like Nolan's Batman Trilogy. Also still not a fan of the new Joker's look. And also dear god I've never been so attracted to a crazy person than I was with Harley Quinn in this movie, Margot Robbie have my children please and thank you