Movies That Get Better Every Time You Watch It?

Tools    

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
A lot of movies get better, but I'm not going to put down favorite movies that made a small difference every time I saw them. It could be a movie you always liked, or a movie that could have been a 5/10, then went up to a 7, then a 9 for example. Or a movie that you graded a 9 or 10, but gets better and better

Harry and Tonto
A Woman Under The Influence
La Grande Illusion
The Swimmer
Buffalo '66
Straw Dogs
FIve Easy Pieces
Persona
The Rules of the Game
McCabe and Mrs. Miller

The Big Lebowski (1998)
Requiem for a Dream (2000)
Memento (2000)
Donnie Darko (2001)
From Hell (2001)
Watchmen (2009)
Up in the Air (2009)
Prisoners (2013)
Wild (2014)
Gone Girl (2014)

To name ten:

Eraserhead (more than anything for me, i more or less hated it at first but couldn't stop thinking about it.)
2001: A Space Oddysey
Naked
Waltz With Bashir
His Girl Friday
Night and Fog
SE7EN
Dead Man's Shoes
Pinocchio
The Trial

For me, 2001. I actually haven't seen it in decades, but still when I first saw in in cinema way back in '81 I didn't understand anything and was bored as hell. I couldn't wait to get out. But as I grew older, it litterally was better with each viewing. Then when I really matured, I started thinking about it more and more and more and more it intrigued me. I believe I'm still miles away from what Clarke actually wanted to say.

Another one is Blade Runner.

What's yours?

I have to return some videotapes...
Revenant and Full Metal Jacket for me.

Welcome to the human race...
2001 and Blade Runner are good answers. Myself, I'm inclined to give credit to Mad Max 2.

Agree with 2001 and Taxi Driver. I'd also add The Big Lebowski. I was pretty lukewarm on it the first time but i've loved it more every time i've watched it and it is now my favourite Coen film.

Make a better place
Saturday Might Fever for some reason

The first thing which comes to mind is This Is Spinal Tap because I swear I laugh more and more with every viewing.

For me, 2001. I actually haven't seen it in decades, but still when I first saw in in cinema way back in '81 I didn't understand anything and was bored as hell. I couldn't wait to get out. But as I grew older, it litterally was better with each viewing. Then when I really matured, I started thinking about it more and more and more and more it intrigued me. I believe I'm still miles away from what Clarke actually wanted to say.

What's yours?
Both of these movies bored the hell out of me, have never understood the love for them, though lately I have been considering giving Blade Runner another chance.

What's yours?
I'm not sure but what I would say is that as TV screens have become bigger and aspect ratios have been corrected for home viewing and on television, I've noticed things that I'd never seen before on many films. A fairly inconsequential example would be from Flash Gordon, where, when they enter Ming's main hall, you see a massive black and gold likeness of Ming's head to the right of the frame. So much was missed with pan and scan on 4:3 TV screens.

Mine would be Blade Runner, the original Theatrical Cut....Gideon I recommend you watch that version of Blade Runner it's different than the other versions and I think would be more to your liking.