Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I like that the original title of that film (Angst essen Seele auf) is also in broken/incorrect German.
I remember someone said that here. The original title is Ali: Fear Eat The Soul. Ali says it to Emmi at one point in the film and she corrects him.

aside from Russell Casse's who also is nodded to at the beginning of this movie which I really appreciated.
That was the problem with this movie. It spends it's whole time nodding to the first movie that in the process it loses any of it's own personality. I think the 3 out of 5 stars you rated it is entirely too generous. One of the worst movies I have seen ever, I wanted to kill myself in the cinema

I watched this last night

...A crook on the run cons his way into a dinner party whose host is anything but ordinary.

Neat little thriller and easy to watch with a chilling performance by Hyde Pierce, which doesn't rank alongside Hannibal Lecter but is not so far down the chain (you will not look at Niles Crane the same way again) this was enjoyable movie that I think went below the radar but should be talked about more

3.5/5

I watched this last night

...A crook on the run cons his way into a dinner party whose host is anything but ordinary.

Neat little thriller and easy to watch with a chilling performance by Hyde Pierce, which doesn't rank alongside Hannibal Lecter but is not so far down the chain (you will not look at Niles Crane the same way again) this was enjoyable movie that I think went below the radar but should be talked about more

3.5/5
That poster looks amazingly similar to another movie's, also about a dinner party-

Finished here. It's been fun.
Rififi
+
Expertly crafted and extremely entertaining heist thriller. I still prefer Le Cercle Rouge, although by a very slight margin.

Docks of New York

One of the most stunningly photographed films of its era. I'm quickly becoming a huge fan of von Sternberg.

Sicario -

Just noticed earlier this was put up on Netflix so i decided to try it. Must admit i really didn't like the director's Prisoners and just can't understand why it is so loved. This looked more interesting to me as i've always been intrigued by the cartels and i like the cast. I thought the harsh conditions and attitudes in the war on drugs were expplored and depicted well here. A few minor things were a bit hard to accept like Emily Blunt noticing the guy sneaking up behind her in the car and ducking then sitting back up and shooting him at the exact right moment. I suppose it was possible but highly unlikely so it did annoy me a bit, nothing major though since it was just a short scene and there wasn't that many of them. All of the performances were good, not anything outstanding but i thought everyone was solid with Blunt being my favourite. I really liked Josh Brolin's character as well. Quite liked the ending, it was a bit obvious like what happened in Prisoners IMO but it was well executed. Honestly i'm not really sure what else to say about this, i'm still not convinced that Villenueve is that great of a director, i thought this was a good but not great film.

Upstream Color -

Beautiful cinematic artistic expression by Shane Carruth. One of my favorites, just like Primer is. Carruth is the bossest director of the 2000s in my opinion.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
One of the most stunningly photographed films of its era. I'm quickly becoming a huge fan of von Sternberg.
The cinematography is great, but it ain't got nothin' on The Last Command.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

I'm just here for the guzzolene
Shooter- 8/10

Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10

I loved everything about this. The fantasy, martial arts (exciting and comical at the same time). I love this new fantasy/martial arts combo, or is this the only one of the genre? Chan is one of my faves. The only weird thing is

WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
the Jackie/Jet duality, but seen by a different eye, it's actually original.

The ripe apple falls.
Tonight I viewed "Boy A". Starring Andrew Garfield. I'm a big fan of Garfield, ever since I watched his interaction with Emma Stone in The Amazing Spiderman. To my opinion, that kid could be a next big thing. And so I had high expectations of this one, as I went to look for what else he had starred in. He's young in this one. And his innocent, shy, and slightly clumsy charm is even more present here. Raw, seemingly so during the first bit of this film. I must admit, nay confess, that this surprised me. I had expected him to be silent, true. But not quite this ... child- like. The Irish accent then. I did not see coming. Even turned on the subtitles after a bit of a stubborn struggle, as I'm not too experienced with that particular accent. But then it surprised me even further. The movie I had expected to see, as I had interpreted it from watching the trailer, was not there for me. Instead I got to see an innocence and serenity I hadn't seen in a few years. Along with a few very tough slaps in the face. Which, due to a magnificent subtlety I cannot explain, caught me entirely off guard. I was slightly confused at first, as I knew very little about the "deed". Which, initially, I believed to be the main focus of this film. And while it is the factor the film revolves around, instead, it was the boy who was the captivating factor. A child of age, who sets out into the real world for the first time, and learns he enjoys it. A child whose innocence, despite his past, can only be appreciated, if not heartfelt. As much as his gratefulness towards all the joys bestowed upon him throughout this journey, as well as his inability or struggle to take it all in. And then throughout the movie I found myself thinking that this was unlike any build up I had seen before. I couldn't figure it out at first. And then, when I did, again despite his past, I found it hit me all the harder. And the ending was all the same, just enough, to leave me watching the credits, not sure how I felt. But it felt great. A tear or three graced my cheek, as I had bonded with what everyone would consider a monster, but we'd see as an unfortunate child in this film.

I'm not a movie buff like many on here. But I've seen my thousand share. I've seen sentiment, and cried and laughed with it. But this movie, was an absolute surprise to me. I hope, this will inspire those who hadn't yet seen it, to give it a chance now. And I hope, it'll be as great for you who do, as it unexpectedly was for me. I don't know how many stars we go with on this forum, but max them out for this one on my account.

The Gift (2015)

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Spellbound - 6/10

The women of the 40s - wow... Not only was Ingrid Bergman beautiful, but she risked her life, everything for a man who was very unstable. Those days are over.

A Taste of Honey - 6/10

I loved the first Tony Richardson movie I ever saw years ago - "Loneliness of a Long-Distance Runner" but not the last couple. I don't like the female protagonist.. She's a brat, and for a leading lady, very unattractive with hardly any acting skills. The only one who could act was the mother, but was still a good movie.

I really liked Geoff - but because he was a good person, a nice guy who did EVERYTHING for her (even though it wasn't his baby) he was the one left to the dumps, so some things haven't changed.

'

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I don't understand your comments on A Taste of Honey. First off, why is she a brat? Secondly, how are Jo and Geoff supposed to get together when he's gay?

I don't understand your comments on A Taste of Honey. First off, why is she a brat? Secondly, how are Jo and Geoff supposed to get together when he's gay?
How isn't she a brat?? Even when her mother tries to be nice, she throws it back at her face. Geoff was the nicest human to her, who she refers to as "nothing" and didn't treat very well at all. Yeah he was gay, but it didn't mean he had to leave. She was alone until Geoff came around, did everything for her.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
You made it sound like Geoff loved a girl who dumped him. Jo is very emotional due to her having a baby when she herself is a baby. She has to grow up really fast. She comes to learn she didn't mean what she said to Geoff or others. I thought her mom was more of a brat than she was and has had 20 more years of being one. But even they get along.