Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Welcome to the human race...
Arsenic and Old Lace -

Really does not hold up on a second viewing.

Madness is the emergency exit…
Way to spoil it.

WARNING: "minor?" spoilers below
As far as your review goes, I'll just say the title of the film helps a good amount in understanding the story.
Yeah...that title may give you a little hint but not clarifies all the things going around in that island. I understand it isn't necessary to give away all the mysteries but at least as I said at the very beginning...a little more explanations or hints would have been better for the general audience.

I have to return some videotapes...
Days of Thunder (1990) -
+

Not horrible and really feels like your in a race car at times, but the drama and romance just come off cheesy.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
I think Warren Beatty has got to be one of the worst actors I've ever seen. I don't recall ever linking him in any of his roles.
He was a perfect Dick Tracy (1990), but, I did notice that all the good actors in that movie were so embarrassed to be in the same film with him, that they insisted their make-up make them unrecognizable.

The thing isolated becomes incomprehensible
The Spy Who Loved Me (Lewis Gilbert, 1977)

The direction is great, the script has some funny bits, the henchman Jaws is one of the most iconic Bond villains of all and the Bond girl is smoking hot! I loved most action scenes because Gilbert keeps them simple and not too long making this very enjoyable!
There are two things I had a problem with: Moore can't fight decently which makes the fight scenes almost laughable, and the last 40 minutes are a complete rehash of You Only Live Twice (even if better executed).
Overall, it's one of the best movies of the entire franchise and definitely the best of the Moore phase. But Sean Connery would definitely do it better.

+

Sorry...didn't notice that spoiler tag option before.
That was also partially a joke because you seriously described scene for scene, ha. But at least you did write a warning, it's just that if the option is there to completely hide spoilers it's always best. Some people might still accidentally read certain parts, because I picked up a few lines of that review before I had any intention of actually reading it. Eyes tend to have a mind of their own sometimes.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Rumble Fish - 4/10

The movie was garbage. I think the director was making "The Outsiders" at the same time, even using the S.E. Hinton book, and tried hard to make it seem so different. Putting it in b&w, tilting the camera, messing with focus, external sounds is really baloney. 90% of this movie is filler. Watch something else.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Rope - 7/10

I guess it's like starting with an instant orgasm with a woman, and then slowly working your way to foreplay, building up just to get it over with. Good movie, but very typical Hitchcock.. All of his movies seem the same to me, especially when it's the third time Jimmy Stewart is the leading man (detective).. A great actor can separate himself from his previous roles, but not Jimmy. I do like movies in real-time too, but the constant puns and double-entendre got old quickly, and the acting was very lousy. But I understand some people like to watch movies to be scared; I look at the real world instead.

And the reason? Was David Jewish?

Eyes of the devil (1966)
Starring: Deborah kerr,David Niven,David Hemmings and Sharon Tate

After her husband is called back to his vinyard after another dry season,Catherine decideds to take their 2 children with her and follow him against his wishes. When she gets there she is soon disturbed by weird behaviour of the small town-particulary by brother and sister Odile and Christian De Caray-She soon realises that trouble has just begun.

I LOVED this movie-i loved the cast,i loved the setting. i thought maybe the music was too cheerful at times and the actor who played Christian just couldnt compete with the charisma of his onscreen sister and sadly therefor drowned out a bit
Which brings me to Sharon,who by far was the highlight of the movie- i loved how subtle she was,yet completely owned the character and the screen.

Papillon -
, maybe

Who the hell wants to watch Steve McQueen try to escape from prison for two-and-a-half hours?

Papillon -
, maybe

Who the hell wants to watch Steve McQueen try to escape from prison for two-and-a-half hours?

Madness is the emergency exit…
The Childhood of a Leader (2015)

The official or IMDB plot synopsis goes like this..."This chilling fable about the rise of fascism in the 20th Century tells the story of a young American boy living in France in 1918 whose father is working for the US government on the creation of the Treaty of Versailles. What he witnesses helps to mould his beliefs - and we witness the birth of a terrifying ego. Loosely inspired by the early childhood experiences of many of the great dictators of the 20th Century and infused with the same sense of dread as The Others and The Omen, The Childhood of a Leader is an ominous portrait of emerging evil."

So I was expecting something like a serious or interesting take on the Evil Child sub-genre of horror. But it was actually nothing like that. Moreover, I really felt sad for that talented kid...neither parent got much time for him, his best friend was the head maid and most importantly there wasn't any sign or indications that they revealed in the film which could make or inspire such a normal, spoiled kid to eventually grows up and become an "evil" leader at the end. And another misleading thing was the background score...sometime it was just manipulative and pretentious; make you feel like something terrible or interesting thing(s) going to happen but when there was nothing actually happens most of the time at the end of a scene(s).

Only good things about the movie were the cast & the production values.

Snatch -

I remember when I used to think that this was top 50 material. Those were the days.
It's top 10 material.

Okay, maybe not. A rewatch is probably needed for further commenting. I never liked Guy Richie anyways, but as I recall, Snatch was quite the catch - or at least the best use of his Richism.