Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Damn, I'm sad to hear it is anything less than great.

The trilogy was fine as it is, but at least it's nice to have Greengrass and Damon doing it than more stupid spin-offs... You might as well pull off a cash grab with style.

Unregistered User

Pather Panchali (1955)

I dont see how I can leave this out of my 50's list.

Mon Oncle (1958)

Lovely to look at but thats really as much as I got out of it. Jacques Tati just isnt for me.

+

Everybody Wants Some -
The best film of 2016. I give it the same rating but think it'll go higher in the future. Haven't stopped thinking about it. So great.

Key Largo

Underrated John Huston classic. There's incredible chemistry between Bogey and Bacall, the claustrophobic setting proves to be wonderfully atmospheric, and the entire film flows by at a great pace. I might revisit this again some time in the future.
Been wanting to watch this for ages, will get to it at some point. Heard that The Hateful Eight is inspired be it.

You can't fight in here.This is the War room!
Tropa de Elite (2007) 9/10
Plot:1997, Captain Nascimento has to find a substitute for his occupation while trying to take down drug dealers and criminals before the Pope comes to Rio de Janeiro, Brazil.

Tropa de Elite 2: O Inimigo Agora é Outro (2010) 9/10
Plot:After a prison riot, former-Captain Nascimento, now a high ranking security officer in Rio de Janeiro, is swept into a bloody political dispute that involves government officials and paramilitary groups.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
The Losers (2010)

A little too much here, not quite enough there and we have what we have. Nothing special. Evans is not funny.

I have to return some videotapes...
Jason Bourne -

Nothing special, just a carbon copy of the previous three.

Welcome to the human race...
The Bourne Ultimatum -

Dammit, now I'll never know if this rating is sincere or if MM jinxed me.

The Witch -

I've always had an interest in the puritans for the same reason others mostly do; the witch trials. My interest in this only really started when i began to look into the Satanic Panic, often called the modern day witch trials. Not that i looked into this time in depth or anything, but i think this film did an amazing job of creating at least how i see a puritan society in my mind. Fantastic atmosphere, mostly due to how quiet it often is and the dreary look and sound of everything, as well as the strong god fearing theme throughout the film, i think it really made the more intense scenes pop since they didn't come along too often. Visually it was perfect for what it was supposed to be. I knew it would be from the trailer, i loved the feint foggy look and the use of grey and a drab greenish colour. The story was probably the least interesting part to me, not that i didn't enjoy it i just felt all of the other elements of the film were done so well it didn't need an amazing story. The performances were fine, nothing spectacular i wouldn't have expected them to be or felt they needed to be in this sort of film. Good ending i especially liked
WARNING: "ending" spoilers below
the abrupt cut from Thomasin talking to Black Phillip to her walking towards the woods accompanied by that big boom noise.

Great film.

Madness is the emergency exit…
The Fourth Protocol (1987)

Bullitt (1968)

Lately noticed that I haven't actually seen much of Steve McQueen's films so far only other than The Blob, Papillon and The Great Escape, I guess. So started to check out some of his other major films.

Can't imagine anyone else other than Daniel Craig for a biopic about him.

The Bourne Ultimatum -

Dammit, now I'll never know if this rating is sincere or if MM jinxed me.
I've been manipulating you this whole time. Your slight growing fondness of the Bourne films as well as the Fast franchise are all my work of psychological manipulism.

Join us on the next episode of The Reclining Respect of a Reviewer, where MM will have Iro praise the likes of Bad Boys II and White Chicks!

Welcome to the human race...
I've been manipulating you this whole time. Your slight growing fondness of the Bourne films as well as the Fast franchise are all my work of psychological manipulism.

Join us on the next episode of The Reclining Respect of a Reviewer, where MM will have Iro praise the likes of Bad Boys II and White Chicks!
Complete with a glowing appraisal of Andrzej Zulawski's Possession, no doubt.

Anyway...

Hunt for the Wilderpeople -
, maybe

Recommended for people who thought Up was too unrealistic.