Manchurian Candidate Trailer

Tools    

The Manchurian Candidate was one of the most thought provoking and disturbing movies of all time, and now the remake is coming out. While I am very pessimistic of the remake, with a pretty good cast and similar modern day events surrounding the movie, it could perhaps work.

If the movie is able to capture 1/100 of the original, it should prove to be the sleeperhit of the year.

Most anticipated scene of the year -- The GIs get displayed like science projects to a group of bad guys displaying their brainwashing. If you have never seen the original with Sinatra/Lansbury, go out and rent it now, and then tell me you arent interested in at least seeing how bad they ruin the remake

I really loved the original Manchurian Candidate, but the preview I saw today didn't encourage any positive thoughts about this re-make.

It looks like the original script has been chewed up and shat out. I'll check it out so I have something to bitch about for a couple of weeks.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
It looks like the original script has been chewed up and shat out. I'll check it out so I have something to bitch about for a couple of weeks.
I completely agree with you. I expect the movie to not even be a shadow of the original... But from what I understand, it is a remake.

A remake will tend to follow the original regardless if it does a horrible job of it or not. The main reason I want to see this movie so badly, is that it will be final and complete proof, that even with todays top talent, moviemaking sucks and can never compare to "back then". When they totally lack any shocking scenes or disturbing moments, suchas the ones which the original is known for, with all the modern talent and all the money available to them, perhaps it could help Hollywood to take notice and get back to basics which so many modern films lack, like in a sick perverted modern art sort of way.

edit: wow, that last sentence was actually written as one sentence, I am sorry, Im a little .... right now.

whats this film about exactly? I know a lil details but the overall plot is foggy to me

Originally Posted by Hell_Bent
whats this film about exactly? I know a lil details but the overall plot is foggy to me
Click here and read post #7.

i think that the remake has potential. if anything, it will appeal to a different generation of people and the younger generations will be able to relate to the events in the remake better than the original. doubt it could be as good as the remake though

Its supposed to be a different story set for a different political climate. I still have hope for it, partially because I believe Denzel is a far superior actor than Frank Sinatra was.

A few reviewers already reviewed this movie and it got good scores.
Check it out: http://www.metacritic.com/film/title...candidate2004/

If it gets more good reviews, it could surpass the original on Metacritics top 250