Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Kumiko, The Treasure Hunter (2014)

Welcome to the human race...
You're right both are awesome! especially The Devil's Rejects which is one amazing and entertaining flick.
Ehhhh, my recollection of The Devil's Rejects is...less than favourable. I gave it a
last year, whereas Pain and Gain is at least a
or maybe even a
for me. I may yet give Rejects a second chance because the fact that it's generally considered Zombie's best film is worth certain considerations, but until then...blah.

Anyway...

Sing Street -

A nice movie.

Films and films
Samba by Olivier Nakache & Eric Toledano,

7/ 10

Good movie . loved Charlotte Gainsbourg in this movie

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Juno (2007)

A pregnant smart-aleck teenager finds adoptive parents.

All hype aside, I genuinely enjoyed this movie the 2nd time around. Great cast and crisp writing. I don't mind the flip dialogue, as it defines and colorizes Juno's character -- she's a 16-year-old after all. Ellen Page does a great job, and the vibe of Allison Janney/JK Simmons as the parents are perfect and they effortlessly steal every scene they're in.

Despite all the cutesy pie hipness etc, the theme, situation and emotions are very real indeed, and that is what drives it.

One thing irritates me. The entire soundtrack sounds like a Prius commercial, and that makes me want to run into a tree headfirst as fast as I can. But that may or may not be the movie's fault....

I would have to say, overall, it still holds up 9 years later.

4.5 orange Tic Tacs out of 5

Well, as i mentioned on the " Movie You´re Watching Tonight " Thread i watched In the Heart of the Sea. My opinion is that it´s the best movie/reincarnation of the Moby Dic history yet.

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Sure, close enough.

The Lovely Bones
(with a minus - )

The first time I ever experienced such a unique movie category. They managed to make a serial killer chick flick. Tucci finally found a role that fits him like a glove. Sarandon was trying to pull the film towards comedy, while Wahlberg and Weisz were trying to keep it serious. Meanwhile, the kids were keeping the supernatural love story alive.

Ghost World (2001)

-

I haven't been into the teen angst types of movies since I was a teen in the 80's, so I never had much interest in seeing this. Other than ending a bit suddenly with a whimper, I thought this was awesome. The humor of the movie caught me completely off guard; I thought it was hilarious. Also a surprise for me was the performance of Thora Bitch. I thought she was absolutely brilliant. Great job as well by the supporting cast; Steve Buscemi, Scarlett Johansson, the hick convenience store customer, etc. Great pick for me by Miss Vicky.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Ghost World (2001)

-

I haven't been into the teen angst types of movies since I was a teen in the 80's, so I never had much interest in seeing this. Other than ending a bit suddenly with a whimper, I thought this was awesome. The humor of the movie caught me completely off guard; I thought it was hilarious. Also a surprise for me was the performance of Thora Bitch. I thought she was absolutely brilliant. Great job as well by the supporting cast; Steve Buscemi, Scarlett Johansson, the hick convenience store customer, etc. Great pick for me by Miss Vicky.
I saw this recently and felt it was a more teen version of American Beauty - even had Thora Birch. I liked it.

Ghost World (2001)

-
Really happy to see that you liked it so much! I watched it for the first time about twelve years ago when a friend recommended it to me. I knew nothing about it going in and pretty much fell instantly in love with it. Such a great mix of the comedic and the dramatic.

I'll try to get your pick for me watched either tonight or tomorrow afternoon.

I have to return some videotapes...
Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan (1982) -

A damn good film, Ricardo Montalban is so damn talented, great villain.

BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE
(2016)

I was not a big fan of Man Of Steel, so I was not too thrilled for this sequel. The critics hated it. The audiences were split over it. I for one found it a little entertaining, but way too over-the-top, and messy, especially in the final act of the movie.

The movie had potential to be as huge as the title insinuates, but fell short due to plot holes. Henry Cavill is starting to look believable as Superman. Ben Affleck as Bruce Wayne/Batman was really good. Jesse Eisenberg was miscast as Lex Luthor.

“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

Madness is the emergency exit…
The Original Harry Palmer Movie Trilogy

Len Deighton was considered one of the top three spy novelists of his time along with Ian Fleming & John le Carré; and his first protagonist - the nameless spy later christened as 'Harry Palmer' by producer Harry Saltzman and Michael Caine himself who played this odd but charming role of a British spy in 3 consecutive films from 1962 to 1966...somewhat falls between the taste of Fleming & le Carré works, IMO. Really loved Sir Michael Caine's portrayal of Harry Palmer...kind of an arrogant British agent with witty dialogs who eventually gets his job done through his own network of people working in different fields or departments is something worth to check out for any spy fiction lovers. Guy Doleman played General Ross, the boss of Harry Palmer kinda resembled 'M' of Bond series but in a more grounded & classy way.
Enjoyed all the 3 films but found the last one...Billion-Dollar Brain (1966) as the weakest entry in this film series while Funeral in Berlin (1964) stands out as the best one for its great twisted story and nevertheless for the great Oskar Homolka's part as the top Soviet Intelligence officer Colonel Stok...surely a delight to watch.

Overall rating:

I have to return some videotapes...
Kansas City Confidential (1952) -
+

Another good noir! Really enjoying this hall of fame, extended thoughts will be posted their.