Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

hahahahahaha! OMG! He came out to Queen like he was on X Factor or something

He deserves to win just for that.
It looks like some old classic rock music video. It's like a religious experience. Trump walks out like God coming to greet you when you get to Heaven.

It looks like some old classic rock music video. It's like a religious experience. Trump walks out like God coming to greet you when you get to Heaven.
Oh hes quite the showman. Nobody ever accused The Donald of being boring. Oh my.....we just so suck right now. People of true self-accomplishment (Carson) or ideals (Sanders) are just second fiddle importance to us compared to the safe option (Hillary) or the guy that says whatever we want to hear (Trump). "Oh well Tongo, how can he be so unpopular if hes angering everybody?" Because hes bringing fresh blunt candor to a nation thats only gotten the same political spin a hundred times before. Hes repackaging the product. Hes a politically fueled Morton Downey Jr, but unlike when MDJ came about, being exposed as a rabblerouser and fabricator doesnt eliminate him from consideration. Why? Reread the first 3 sentences.

Just incompetence. When an enterprise is slapped together and doesn't have a strong leader at the top, shortcuts get taken. People get sloppy.
Yep, I don't blame his wife for that at all. That speech should've been dissected word for word before she opened her mouth.

I also heard that Queen wasn't too happy with the unauthorized use of their song.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Even Don Lemon had to praise this last night, which surprised me.

I also heard that Queen wasn't too happy with the unauthorized use of their song.
Wasn't there another candidate not too long ago that used some unauthorized song and the artist was very upset by it? I don't think it was Romney. I am thinking it might be McCain, but I could just be getting mixed up with some facts.

Even Don Lemon had to praise this last night, which surprised me.
I suppose you can praise the staging (though I recall McCain's entrance was actually quite similar, and a little more elegantly done). But I thought it was standard for the nominee not to appear until their speech to close out the convention. The anticipation is supposed to build: speaker after speaker extols the virtues of the candidate and the party, until it reaches a boiling point and the candidate finally comes out.

Wasn't there another candidate not too long ago that used some unauthorized song and the artist was very upset by it? I don't think it was Romney. I am thinking it might be McCain, but I could just be getting mixed up with some facts.
Actually, you're understating things: this happens all the time. It's almost and obligatory part of every campaign now, and because musicians are almost universally liberal, it's pretty much always a complaint about some Republican playing the song at a rally or whatever.

I kinda hate Queen. I hate most of their songs -- not all of them, though. "We Are the Champions" is good. "We Will Rock You" is "Another One Bites the Dust" is alright. But when other stuff from Queen shows up in those Song Tournaments (and they constantly do - they won once with "Bohemian Rhapsody") -- I'm very annoyed. I don't like their style for the most part. But Trump's entrance to their song was great.

But I thought it was standard for the nominee not to appear until their speech to close out the convention. The anticipation is supposed to build: speaker after speaker extols the virtues of the candidate and the party, until it reaches a boiling point and the candidate finally comes out.
Nobody wants to hear those other people. We'll take Trump every night if we could. He came out triumphantly. This is his convention. He earned the right to make it his show. His celebration. He's just giving us a bit of foreplay.

No ****. Imagine if you made a song you were really proud of and Westboro Baptist Church put it in a Phelps family video.

Donald Trump is no Westboro Baptist Church. Nor would I even say the whole Republican Party is.

But that would actually be downright hilarious if Westboro Baptist Church used a Queen song in a video.

No ****. Imagine if you made a song you were really proud of and Westboro Baptist Church put it in a Phelps family video.
Yeah, must be a pain in the ass to have people you don't agree with play your songs. Everybody must think Queen endorses Trump now.

But that would actually be downright hilarious if Westboro Baptist Church used a Queen song in a video.
They use Poker Face by Lady Gaga in the Louis Theroux documentary. Obviously just changing the words to god hates fags or whatever. Charming people.

If Melania Trump didn't win people over... Tiffany Trump, his daughter, will.

Oh hes quite the showman. Nobody ever accused The Donald of being boring. Oh my.....we just so suck right now. People of true self-accomplishment (Carson) or ideals (Sanders) are just second fiddle importance to us compared to the safe option (Hillary) or the guy that says whatever we want to hear (Trump). "Oh well Tongo, how can he be so unpopular if hes angering everybody?" Because hes bringing fresh blunt candor to a nation thats only gotten the same political spin a hundred times before. Hes repackaging the product. Hes a politically fueled Morton Downey Jr, but unlike when MDJ came about, being exposed as a rabblerouser and fabricator doesnt eliminate him from consideration. Why? Reread the first 3 sentences.
That bears repeating! One of the best post I've read about Trump and American politics.

"I will do 'more' for African Americans than Obama."

Trump’s courtship of black voters hampered by decades of race controversies

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...583_story.html

'Art Of The Deal' Ghostwriter Regrets Trump Book: 'I Put Lipstick On A Pig'

With Donald Trump set to secure the Republican nomination for president this week, the ghostwriter behind Trump's book "The Art of the Deal," revealed the real estate mogul's true character that the book ignored.

"I put lipstick on a pig," writer Tony Schwartz told the New Yorker. "I feel a deep sense of remorse that I contributed to presenting Trump in a way that brought him wider attention and made him more appealing than he is."

Schwartz actually suggested that Trump write "The Art of the Deal" instead of the autobiography Trump had set out to pen. The real estate mogul then asked Schwartz to help him write the book, and Schwartz agreed when Trump offered him half of the advance and of the royalties.

"It was one of a number of times in my life when I was divided between the Devil and the higher side," Schwartz told the New Yorker.

Schwartz said that if he could rename the book, he would call it "The Sociopath."

"I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization," he said.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politi...pig/ar-BBusCGq

The author also went on to say Trump had a compulsive need for attention.

"I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization,"
You know...

I've heard all sorts of fearmongering propaganda about how Obama's secretly evil and Bush is too stupid to live and how the whereabouts of Bill Clinton's dick somehow informs his ability as president, but...

No joke, would anybody REALLY be surprised if Trump started a war or held the world hostage because somebody offended him? He's a ****ing cartoon, of course he pushes the History Eraser Button.

This is how we get to The Road.

The ghostwriter behind Trump's book "The Art of the Deal," revealed the real estate mogul's true character that the book ignored.

Schwartz said that if he could rename the book, he would call it "The Sociopath. The author also went on to say Trump had a compulsive need for attention."

"I genuinely believe that if Trump wins and gets the nuclear codes there is an excellent possibility it will lead to the end of civilization," he said.

No wonder Trump admires N. Korea's president. Narcissistic birds of a feather.

It's seriously the same pattern, basically every time: deny fervently, make some goofy-ass excuse, and finally, when the evidence is overwhelming, shrug it off as no big deal.

This isn't how honest people talk or think. If it were no big deal, the campaign would just say that from the start. The fact that they continually retreat to it shows that have no regard for the truth. And the reason they don't is that their supporters don't hold them accountable for what they say or do, as we've seen numerous times in this thread.