The Door In The Floor

Tools    

You ready? You look ready.
I check out Apple everyday for new trailers. Today my eye caught something I have yet to see, The Door In The Floor. http://www.apple.com/trailers/focus_...oorinthefloor/
I checked it out and I personally think it actually might be good. Jeff Bridges is probably the only reason I want to see it. Watch the trailer and tell me what ya think.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

just watched the trailer and thought this thread needed a bump. Looks promising, but the trailer leads me to believe that the movie is a little confused on what kind of movie it actually is, ya know? Check out the trailer, though.

Originally Posted by Zeiken
just watched the trailer and thought this thread needed a bump. Looks promising, but the trailer leads me to believe that the movie is a little confused on what kind of movie it actually is, ya know? Check out the trailer, though.
i'm reading the book that's it's based on called a widow for one year by john irving..it only covers the first half of the book though, not the second half..it takes place in 1958 and is about a sixteen year old boy who gets hired by a writer to work for him that summer..the experience will not only change his life but the lives around him as well...i can't wait to see it...

forgot to mention that the title comes from the name of one of the writer's childrens books....

Originally Posted by Zeiken
Well? How is the book? maybe we can use that to judge the movie. (i.e., if book=good, then movie=bad. if book=bad, then movie=poo)
the book is really funny and poignant..but you have to like john irving because he's a strange writer..i've read mostly everything he's done (garp is still my favorite) ...i happen to like jeff bridges so i can't wait until this film gets released...

but the book is excellent..at least in my opinion...

saw this film this afternoon..good acting by everyone ..especially jeff bridges....not a chick flick at all, but a good story about life in general and how to deal with it...

Originally Posted by John McClane
When did it come out?
actually on friday...it's only playing in select theatres...only 4 on long island...we're lucky..it used to be only in the city...

anyway i hate when they do that

I agree- thats probly the biggest thing I hated about moving two years ago. My relativly small town had an independant/foreign film theater on the street where I went to school. where I live now I am stuck waiting for any limited releases to come out on DVD.

From the looks of the trailer, it looks like a thought provoking film at least about some things that is..

I hope the 'A Door in a Floor' DVD comes out in time for christmas wish lists!
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"