Movie That Most Reflects YOUR Own Life

Tools    

What is a movie or movies that you really relate to because some character or situation in it reminds you of yourself or something that happened in your own life?

What movies feel like they were made specifically with you in mind or seem like someone got a hold of an aspect of your life and made a film out of it?

Are there any movie characters that people say remind them of you?

Going to high school when I was younger in the early 1980's.. I could so relate to "Pretty In Pink".. I guess thats why its my favorite "teen" movie.

Going to high school when I was younger in the early 1980's.. I could so relate to "Pretty In Pink".. I guess thats why its my favorite "teen" movie.

That's funny because, when it comes to John Hughes movies, I could always relate to Anthony Michael Hall's "Geek" character in Sixteen Candles - he was pretty much what I was like in high school.

That's funny because, when it comes to John Hughes movies, I could always relate to Anthony Michael Hall's "Geek" character in Sixteen Candles - he was pretty much what I was like in high school.

My high school was pretty much has it was in "Pretty In Pink" but I have to admit I'm like Duckie , I hated high school.

F@#$ those people!

I'm not old, you're just 12.
It's funny, I was told by a former girlfriend that I was most like Holden McNeil in Chasing Amy. I draw comics, I've lived a sort of sheltered suburban existence for a good deal of my life, and I dated a bi-sexual/lesbian woman (which was the woman who said this to me in the first place). We failed miserably at having a relationship (like in the movie) but we remain friends to this day (unlike Holden and Alyssa). So that movie resonates with me a lot, and I sometimes find it difficult to watch.

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Office Space (1999) is one that I was able to relate one point in my life to.

When I first saw it, I really didn't think it was that great, but as I found myself in a corporate atmosphere with a boss that looked and acted like the one in the movie (but worse,) I started to see things in the movie that became so "relatable" that it was scary!

Like the character in the movie, I found myself rebelling against the phoniness and mendacity that ruled and ruined people's lives who became so caught up in the microcosmic pressures of the office environment, and which caused so much undue stress to everyone.
Now the movie has a cult quality for me that very much mirrors my decade of observing the phenomenon of corporate B.S. from 1998 - 2008!

"I smell sex and candy here" - Marcy Playground
Boogie Nights (wishful thinking)

Seriously though, we seem to have plenty of time to join this forum and watch movies. My guess is, if there was a movie about our lives, chances are it might be too boring for us to watch. They have reality TV for that now, and I do not watch any of it. Does it really matter who is sitting in their own kitchen at any given point in time, you, me, Eastwood, Osbourne, Simmons, etc.?

Captain America because i have muscles like him. jk none really because movies tend to make things all happy and stuff and that isnt true in real life

Bad Boy Buddy.

sean penns storyline in u turn

all the things that can go wrong,will go wrong.even the things you didnt think could