Best Coen Brothers Film

Tools    

Of the films directed by these two genuises, which could possibly the top of the list, king of the hill, A #1? They've made so many masterpieces, I'm sure some may find it hard to choose.

As for me, I have to go with "O Brother Where Art Thou?"

And then "The Big Lebowski".

My favorite so far is The Big Lebowski.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I haven't seen Barton Fink yet, but I would have to say Fargo, No Country For Old Men, The Big Lebowski and Blood Simple are their top 4.

Di je Karlo?
No Country for Old Men is indisputable. Everything they're known for: the theme of chaos, realistic dialogue, idyllic locations and calm tone are in their peak there. Great pacing, too. I like how it cut out all the fat without losing its cool.

Di je Karlo?
There's also never been, and probably never will be, a villain like Anton Chigurh. All good villains are intimidating, but Javier Bardem manages to do it so effortlessly. He doesn't ever try to be scary. He just is scary.

No Country for Old Men is indisputable. Everything they're known for: the theme of chaos, realistic dialogue, idyllic locations and calm tone are in their peak there. Great pacing, too. I like how it cut out all the fat without losing its cool.

I'm not fond of moments when people say something is "indisputable."

Fargo has better pacing and more interesting twists and characters. "No Country" also doesn't have the same buddy charisma of Fargo, Big Lebowski and Barton Fink. Ironically, I believe all of the movies in this post are five stars in their own way (with the possible inclusion of Miller's Crossing which I need to see again), but my orderi g is:

1. Fargo (the only perfect Coen film)
2. Barton Fink
3. Big Lebowski
4. No Country for Old Men
5. Miller's Crossing

Here's my Top 10:

1. The Big Lebowski
2. Fargo
3. The Hudsucker Proxy
4. Barton Fink
5. No Country for Old Men
6. The Ladykillers
7. O Brother, Where Art Thou?
8. Burn After Reading
9. Raising Arizona
10. True Grit
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Like asking which masterpiece is the most masterpiecy.

Has to be Big Lebowski for me.

This is a tough one...pretty solid resume we're talking about here, but if I absolutely had to narrow it down to one film, I think I'd have to go with Fargo.

Fargo. Also Miller`s Crossing and No Country for Old Men.

but need to rewatch The Big Lebowski, was a long time ago I watched it and don't really remember anything.