Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Finished here. It's been fun.
The Invitation

Taut and fairly-well made thriller that's unfortunately undone by a cliched final act.

La Sapienza
-
The extensive use of close-ups worked well. The Bressonian style of acting didn't quite work tho.

Tiger Bay (1959)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
The Bressonian style of acting didn't quite work tho.
The acting is quite theatrical, though.
Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

Orpheus (1950)

+

Quite far from my taste, but I still enjoyed it moderately.

Breaking Bad season 4

My favorite season yet! I thought it was a little more consistent than season 3, although I preferred that season's finale.

Breaking Bad season 4

My favorite season yet! I thought it was a little more consistent than season 3, although I preferred that season's finale.[/center]
Told you so. Amazing, huh?

Just wait for season 5. I think the fifth season is the one that feels most controlled, professional and personal. It's kind of a perfectly measured "slow burner" full of intense little conflicts that comes together nicely for all characters.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts, cricket!

Told you so. Amazing, huh?

Just wait for season 5. I think the fifth season is the one that feels most controlled, professional and personal. It's kind of a perfectly measured "slow burner" full of intense little conflicts that comes together nicely for all characters.

Can't wait to hear your thoughts, cricket!
I'm psyched for it. My wife talking that we'll finish it all next weekend, but I think we need two weeks.

I'm psyched for it. My wife talking that we'll finish it all next weekend, but I think we need two weeks.
Yeah it's a bit longer. It's a two-part season with a total of 16 episodes opposed to the usual 13. But yeah, take all the time you need, it's worth it.

Space Mutiny - 3.3/10

I can't believe they blatantly stole clips from Battlestar Galactica and got away with it. (surely they didn't have permission?)

The last 30 minutes were pretty funny - it's like the director gave up and let his cat finish the film. There's a sequence that might be the worst case of continuity I've ever witnessed.

Hats off to South Africa, you create really bad films too!

Watched this kind of reluctantly because of all the bad reviews but i really liked it. The fight scenes are almost as good as winter soldier and the cgi looked pretty awesome. One thing i didnt like was i feel like the movie kinda tried to match the different stories and point of views into one but it didnt really bond that well.

Ghostbusters (1984).

I know I'll get a bit of hate for this but here I go. It was very forgettable. One of the most bland and forgettable movies I have ever seen. Nothing very wrong with it but nothing right with it. Predictable, cheesy, bland performances, horrible visual effects etc. but mainly, it's just not my kind of movie. I feel that a lot of people like it for it's nostalgia, 80's charm and the fact that it (I guess) was original (in terms of predictability and familiarity) at the time. But for me, none of those thing work in my favor. Not for my taste. 5/10

Have to smile a little at the irony of someone saying a film is forgettable and then the comment appearing three times in quick succession

Have to smile a little at the irony of someone saying a film is forgettable and then the comment appearing three times in quick succession
I accidentally posted it multiple times since my internet is really slow. Since it was taking a while to load I stopped loading it and tried again.

I accidentally posted it multiple times since my internet is really slow. Since it was taking a while to load I stopped loading it and tried again.
S'ok - wasn't a 'pop' at you, it just tickled me ... and now you can have the last laugh as my comment now looks silly after the deletion of the duplicates

I love Ashley Judd,but i havent seen her in anything for a while.Then I found this on netflix and saw it was from 2006 and i thought great finally a newish movie with her-then i remembered that 2006 and was 10 ****ing years ago.when did that happen?

Anyway..
Ashley Judd plays a woman in her 30s who lives with her sister,has no real substains in her life-she longs for a better relationship with her father and spends most of her time drunk in bar,going home with different men each timebefore sneaking out in the morning..Until she meets Cal who shows a real interest in her as a person.

The cast and acting is great,the whole "girls with daddy issues are drunks who sleeps around" is a bit of a cliche and overused but Ashley Judd is wonderful.
if you like everyday dramas you`ll like this one.