Movie You're Watching Tonight

Tools    

Quatermass 2 (1957)

From the DVD case:
During a routine drive to his observatory, Professor Quatermass (Brian Donlevy) stumbles upon a mysterious government facility surrounded by guards and mines. Curious of this unusual site, Quatermass begins to investigate and discovers a remarkably large number of meteors in the area. As his investigation comes to a turning point, Quatermass comes to a horrific conclusion: alien invaders. The ensuing danger could mean the end of human civilization!!

In an attempt to save the country and ultimately the world from the intruders, Quatermass must face the terrible dangers ahead and the disasters that follow them.

Buddymoon

When a former child actor is dumped by his fiancé days before the wedding, his excitable German best man takes him on the honeymoon instead: a backcountry trek in the remote mountains of Oregon.

Citizen Kane. For the third time (second time technically). Since I now have a bit more insight, hopefully I will enjoy it more. I doubt I will think of it as highly as everyone else does, but hopefully when I watch it tonight I can enjoy it more and appreciate it more.

Horror of Dracula (1958)

From the DVD Case: Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing, Britain's premier masters of the macabre, bring the Horror of Dracula to vivid, full-color death in this retelling of Bram Stoker's spellbinding vampire tale. Dracula (Lee), a centuries-old nobleman damned to an eternal half-life, travels from his native Transylvania to London. In the lurid nightlife of his adopted city, he finds new victims. He also finds Dr. Van Helsing (Cushing), a scientist who becomes the Count's implacable foe in a deadly game of bat-and-mouse.

The dread is here – as are the power and pathos of this genre landmark by which Hammer Studios ushered in a new era of screen chills from classic evildoers. Tremble through that era again. Unleash the horror.

The Revenge of Frankenstein (1958)

From the DVD case: Peter Cushing reprises his famous role as Baron Victor Frankenstein in this Hammer horror classic, The REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN.

Rescued from the guillotine by his devoted dwarf Fritz (Oscar Quitak), the Baron relocates to Carlsbruck, where he becomes a celebrated society physician, Dr. Stein. But under the guise of charity work, the good doctor continues his gruesome experiments, this time planning to transplant Fritz's brain into his latest creation: a normal, healthy body (Michael Gwynn).

When Hammer released The Curse of Frankenstein in 1957, it was a success for the studio and made an international star out of Peter Cushing. In 1958, Hammer produced this sequel THE REVENGE OF FRANKENSTEIN with Cushing once again in the title role. The critics were delighted with both the film and its star. "Cushing is the new Karloff." - N.Y. DAILY NEWS

Lovers and Other Strangers (1970)

A normal man? For me, a normal man is one who turns his head to see a beautiful woman's bottom. The point is not just to turn your head. There are five or six reasons. And he is glad to find people who are like him, his equals. That's why he likes crowded beaches, football, the bar downtown...

The Hound of the Baskervilles (1959)

From the DVD case: "Peter Cushing is a splendid Holmes" (Daily Mirror) and "Andre Morell is the perfect Dr. Watson" (Daily Herald) in this terror-filled mystery classic co-starring horror legend Christopher Lee. With its "compelling acting and spooky cinematography" (Video Movie Guide), this "rattling good movie" (Newsweek) will keep you guessing – and gasping – until the final frame!

A fiendish evil lurks beneath the mist-shrouded cliffs of England's fabled moors. In the form of a hellish hound, it feeds upon the trembling flesh of the heirs of Baskerville Hall. But before this savage beast can sink its teeth into the newest lord of the manor, it must pit its vicious fangs against the searing intellect of the most powerful foe it has ever encountered – the incomparable Sherlock Holmes.