Movie Tab

Tools    

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
I disagree completely. There's some classic stuff in the movie. "Do you find me sadistic?" Pretty much any of Sonny Chiba's lines...

I feel you've misunderstood it. Is every action movie script terribile? That's what this movie was intended to be. A revenge/kung-fu/western actioner. Part one isn't your 'pure beautiful dialogue in a crime movie' like his first three films. It's a pure action script with some nice bits and comic lines thrown in. I loved it.

I'll concede that it's not his best work script-wise, but it's still great and/or wonderful. In any event, saying its absolutely awful seems sort of silly, even without considering everything it was released against.
I take back what I said earlier... I, too, overlooked some great stuff... I just like Vol. 2 better.

Sunday night

Kill Bill Vol. 1 (Out of 5)
Kill Bill Vol. 2 (Out of 5)

Monday night

The Punisher1/2 (Out of 5)
Hero (Not the one with Dustin Hoffman) (Out of 5)

Take the Money and Run (d. Woody Allen, 1969)
Another Woman (d. Woody Allen, 1988)

Happy, Texas
Origin: -- USA --
Genre: -- Comedy --
Director: -- Mark Illsley--
My Rating: -- (out of 5)

Get Low, Get Low, Get Low
I have seen so many movies since i was last here: I will just sum it up best i can from the most recent (The past week)
The Punisher
Whole Ten Yards

Mother! Oh, God! Mother! Blood!
Originally Posted by moviefan20
I have seen so many movies since i was last here: I will just sum it up best i can from the most recent (The past week)
The Punisher
Whole Ten Yards
Moviefan20, is it really you!? Welcome back!
NEW (as of 1/24/05): Quick Reviews #10

What does the, "" mean, jrs?
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Originally Posted by jrs
...what do you think means?
That you're sad, lonely and perverted.

Also, change your avatar. Apocalypse Now deserves more than a nervous tick.

Meanwhile:

Duck Soup (d. Leo McCarey, 1933)

With the exception of the mirror scene, which was one of the most perfectly executed comedy routines I'd ever seen, the whole thing, in general, did nothing for me. Which, of course, was a huge let-down after everything I'd heard.

Comedy like this [where every line is either a set-up or its pay-off] does nothing for me, personally. It never has.

Originally Posted by jrs
You all probably know how I feel about her by now, so.......what do you think means?
Last I remembered you were insulting her, I didn't know you guys had patched things up.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
That you're sad, lonely and perverted.
I had enough of your friggin' bullsh*t over the past few years. I don't know who you are trying to impress you son of a bi*ch but it sure isn't anyone close by. You sound like a damn jacka**! Grow up.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
Last I remembered you were insulting her, I didn't know you guys had patched things up.

Yeah, that was just a minor misunderstanding between us two. We are both perfect now. ..... We're like 2 peas in a pod .

Originally Posted by jrs
I had enough of your friggin' bullsh*t over the past few years.
Oh, be quiet.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by Garrett
I take back what I said earlier... I, too, overlooked some great stuff... I just like Vol. 2 better.
Me too. There are a bunch of wonderful monologues in Vol. 2, and Vol. 1 is largely a visual movie, but what dialogue is there (and there happen to be some nice chunks), are great. I mean, I'd dig it if someone said "I didn't like the dialogue." Becuase it's all based off of personal preference, but to say it's awful is both too harsh and to encompasing. Saying Tarantino dialogue (any Tarantino dialogue) is awful is like saying all dialogue is horrible. But, then again, I love me some Tarantino dialogue...

I just watched Kill Bill again, and I LOVE the dialogue! It's such a wonderful movie...

KILL BILLvol 1, first time, loved it,

THE MAGNIFICENT SEVENlove a western, especially if it has Steve McQueen and Yul Brynner

PATRIOT GAMES

BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S Liked it but hated Mickey Rooney

Buying the Cow

On The Waterfront - 5/5

I must become Caligari..!
One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, 1975. Forman
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...