Your Most Controversial Film Opinions?

Tools    

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
Mean Girls is one of, if not the, funniest comedy of the millennium so far. (I also really like White Chicks But not as much)

The last of the Star Wars prequels was the most boring in that trilogy. I found one and two a lot more fun in general!

Prisoner of Azkaban is the weakest and most boring Harry Potter film.

i can understand why people dont like whiplash,none of the characters are likeable and its basicly one dude playing the drums whilst another man is standing over him screaming for the entire movie.
i personally like it though,mostly because i thought the acting was great. but its prob not a movie id watch again

mad max i shut of aswell-i love charlize theron and tom hardy but its just not my kind of movie.

The first fifteen minutes of Whiplash is a drum solo and him going to the movies with his dad. Hardly objectionable material.

also i dont like Gone girl. I WOULD have liked it had it ended on the bridge,but the second half of the movie was like a bad daytime soap-well not all of it could have been shown daytime

also the lack of male nudity in films is evident in the fact that everyone went out their mind about ben affleck. it was half a second from side,okay? you couldnt really even see all that much

I thought it was pretty accurate. Pools, or any body of water, especially waterfalls are quite the aphrodisiac for an epileptic.

hadnt thought of it like that,youre completely right

Please hold your applause till after the me.
The first fifteen minutes of Whiplash is a drum solo and him going to the movies with his dad. Hardly objectionable material.
Okay, I enjoyed Whiplash pretty much solely for JK Simmons, it's not the strongest film in recent years, but I thought it was still alright.

Besides Once Upon a Time in America, I don't like Dead Man, Avatar, 2001, The Aviator, Shutter Island, the Toy Story series, Lord of the Rings, Fury Road, West Side Story, The Sound of Music, Bronson, Brick, The Searchers, Saving Private Ryan, Spirited Away, Amadeus, Amelie, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Raising Arizona, and many more.

I agree with you on Interstellar, I've never seen WWZ in its entirety, and Citizen Kane, WHAT, MAY YOU DIE A THOUSAND TIMES A THOUSAND DEATHS, EACH ONE MORE HORRIBLE THAN THE LAST, *cough* I'm sorry, I meant I respect your opinion.
Ha, I knew I would get hated on for my opinion on Citizen Kane :P . It sure is controversial.

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I was going to rep you for not liking the toy story series, cricket, I still consider it such an embarrassment that Toy Story 3 got a screenplay nomination at the Oscars... But then you said you don't like Spirited Away so I had to stop myself

Controversial? how about this I hated Whiplash, Mad Maxx Fury Road so much that I shut them off after 15 minutes.
I agree that Mad Max Fury Road is a BIT overrated but I still very much enjoy it. But your opinion on Whiplash... That's a hard hitting one for me. I LOVE that movie. A perfect 10/10. Wow, just wow. But I respect your opinion.

Whiplash lost me when the music teacher picked up an hurled a heavy metal chair at the student. I know the director wanted to show the teachers intensity, but that scene broke the illusion of believability. No way could I believe in today's political correct and sue happy society would a teacher with such near-psychotic behavior be allowed to continue to work. He would have long ago been sued, or let go from his job. I couldn't dispensed my disbelief. Plus I didn't want to spend two hours listing to someone who was yelling and bulling. That's the problem with many new Hollywood films, they have to be bigger, louder, ballsier than the last picture.

Well, you asked

Perhaps a controversial opinion:
Some people dislike/are indifferent to certain "great films" because they're not intelligent, insightful, mindful or sophisticated enough to understand what makes the film in question brilliant.

I know this is a legitimate opinion, because I often notice that I myself lacked some of the abovementioned qualities to appreciate certain "great films" in the past. I probably still do. A person's capability to truly be a substantive judge of art evolves every day.

Whiplash lost me when the music teacher picked up an hurled a heavy metal chair at the student. I know the director wanted to show the teachers intensity, but that scene broke the illusion of believability. No way could I believe in today's political correct and sue happy society would a teacher with such near-psychotic behavior be allowed to continued to work. He would have long ago been sued, or let go from his job (I don't remember if he was the sole owner of the music institute or not). I couldn't dispensed my disbelief. Plus I didn't want to spend two hours listing to someone who was yelling and bulling.

Well, you asked
Okay, but I love Fury Road as much as I love all the other Mad Max movies, so what was wrong with that? (And please don't say there was no story, because it's visual storytelling)

Also, Spring Breakers is one of the most interesting films of the past few years.

Obviously don't pay too much attention to NCAA sports. I 'm sure everything is heightened, but what movie isn't.

It truly doesn't bother me CR, I don't deny anyone their personal taste. I just find it odd that these well talked about movies get turned off after fifteen minutes. You had to have some idea of what they were going in. There are plenty of movies I don't see because they don't sound like my taste, but I don't see them. Fifteen minutes is barely any time at all.

Okay, but I love Fury Road as much as I love all the other Mad Max movies, so what was wrong with that? (And please don't say there was no story, because it's visual storytelling)
I'd say Fury Road absolutely delivers 110% of what it's trying to do...But it ain't what I wanted to see. Is it a bad film? nope! I just hate that ADD, quick cut, style of film making...it gave me a headache.

Also, Spring Breakers is one of the most interesting films in the past few years.
I'm more interested in the fact that you could watch that movie without trying to rip the heads off of every single character.

(I'm not saying anyone is stupid for liking or disliking these movies, I'm just wondering how)