Lets Talk Football

Tools    

Why o why did I not trust my betting instincts
I thought about you when the game finished

More of the same from England. Congrats to Iceland. Fully supporting italy now.

Care for some gopher?
Amazing game tonight! I'm so happy for Iceland.

Congratulations Iceland. A completely deserved victory.

As for England? Losing is one thing. Everyone loses and most lose badly at some point. But that performance was a disgrace. By the end, I was almost wishing England not to score because they just didn't deserve to go through. Nice to see Joe Hart round off a perfect tournament for himself by getting in the way of Alli at the death and ruining our last chance. OK, so nothing probably would've come of it, but he's had an absolute shocker of a tournament.

The rumours since Pep stated he was joining City have been that he's not a fan of Hart because he doesn't think he's good enough with the ball at his feet. This tournament will have done nothing to keep his place.

Rooney was terrible. Kane was terrible, but he shouldn't have been on the pitch anyway, so I can't really blame him too much. But why was he still taking set pieces? He's looked terrible on them in every game. Where was Rashford? OK, I don't think he'd save us, but we couldn't pass so we needed someone fast and direct and he's that if nothing else.

Another win the for decent team against a side of individual superstars.

there's a frog in my snake oil
It's because UEFA stopped Bobby Charlton and Winston Churchill from coming on.

(PS Yay Vikings )

The People's Republic of Clogher
What rammed things home for me, showing that team's total lack of heart, was the corner Rashford won at the end. You could see the kid looking around for someone to come and take it, but no one did.

That leaves an 18 year old striker taking a set piece in the final moments of a match where they were trailing by a goal.

I've never wanted a team to win so much in my life — well done Iceland .

We left Europe on Friday... then left Europe yesterday too.

I guess that means we just don't belong there.

I wonder if there'll be online petitions to play Iceland again because it wasn't fair.

Couldn't post last night as was so sick at the awful England performance , but well done to Iceland who played with guts and heart. I'm for you guys having Iceland in the sweepstake!