Hello.

Tools    

Hello everyone. I came across this forum on Google and it seems like a lovely community and I thought I'd give it a go. I'm absolutely mad about cinema but probably not half as knowledgable as most of you here are. I have only began taking a serious interest in films a year ago. I'm looking forward to discussing my favourite films and to discovering new movies as well. I'm also very excited about reviewing the films I watch and sharing my thoughts with everybody since I hardly know anybody in real life as interested in cinema as I am. It's exciting to find a group of people that are!

Lila welcome! You're in the right place!
MoFo (that's what we call Movie Forums) is a very friendly place And the best movie board on the internet by far! We have a reviews section and any one can write reviews if they want. We do all sorts of group activities. Including a movie watching event called a Hall of Fame. We do song tournaments....and we talk about movies!

So, tell us a bit more about yourself and the type of movies you like? I hope you will join in and get to know the site and become part of MoFo

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Welcome Lila!

I highly recommend filling your Top 10 Movie List, not only so we can know your taste, but so you can see everyone else who put your favorite movies on their lists; it's a great way to find great movies.

Lila welcome! You're in the right place!
MoFo (that's what we call Movie Forums) is a very friendly place And the best movie board on the internet by far! We have a reviews section and any one can write reviews if they want. We do all sorts of group activities. Including a movie watching event called a Hall of Fame. We do song tournaments....and we talk about movies!

So, tell us a bit more about yourself and the type of movies you like? I hope you will join in and get to know the site and become part of MoFo
Thank you for the warm welcome

What would you like to know? As for the type of movies I like, when I first got into cinema my two absolute favourites were Taxi Driver and American Beauty. However, as I started to delve more into cinema, that quickly changed. Don't get me wrong, they are both fantastic films. I am especially fond of American Beauty.

I'm really love the 50s. I think 12 Angry Men, Early Summer, The Night of the Hunter and Rashomon are some of my favourites. 8 1/2, La Dolce Vita and Se7en are also favourites of mine. I am a big fan of film noir as well.

Welcome Lila!

I highly recommend filling your Top 10 Movie List, not only so we can know your taste, but so you can see everyone else who put your favorite movies on their lists; it's a great way to find great movies.
Thank you and thanks for the tip.

argh dang it.,my radar is off i dont know why i got italian vibes from you,maybe your av tricked me
The girl in my avatar is not Italian. She's a Middle Eastern actress.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses

What would you like to know? As for the type of movies I like, when I first got into cinema my two absolute favourites were Taxi Driver and American Beauty. However, as I started to delve more into cinema, that quickly changed. Don't get me wrong, they are both fantastic films. I am especially fond of American Beauty.

I'm really love the 50s. I think 12 Angry Men, Early Summer, The Night of the Hunter and Rashomon are some of my favourites. 8 1/2, La Dolce Vita and Se7en are also favourites of mine. I am a big fan of film noir as well.
I love Taxi Driver, American Beauty, 12 Angry Men, Rashomon, The Night of the Hunter so with that information, though I haven't seen "Early Summer" I'm going to look for it.

There's also a "Lists" section to fill out. The good thing about this is that members can see what you've already seen, and what you haven't saw - and we're able to find recommendations based on this.

I think you will love this place... Many people, including myself, love your movies. I remember being new here, but feeling comfortable and happy that I was actually in the mainstream among movie lovers!

Hullo.

You sound like your well versed in cinema. Those are some well respected films. I'm a big fan of Film Noir from the classic period of the 40s and 50s. Where going to start a Film Noir Hall of Fame which is a group activity where we nominate a film and we all watch them, then we vote on them and the winner is entered into the Hall of Fame (well the one that we have here at MoFo) You're welcome to join when it starts. So what type of Noirs do you like?

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.

Hi Lila. Welcome to MoFo!

If you love '50's movies, you might be interested in the upcoming "MoFo Top 100 of the Fifties" countdown. Each member, (as long as you've been a MoFo member for at least 30 days), submits a list of their top 25 movies from the 1950's, (by private message to the countdown host), and then the host uses those lists to calculate the MoFo Top 100 Movies of the 1950's.

Here's the link so you can read about it:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=44683

And here's a link to another thread where people are recommending movies from the '50's for others to watch, hoping that their favorite '50's movies might make the countdown:

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=42879

I love Taxi Driver, American Beauty, 12 Angry Men, Rashomon, The Night of the Hunter so with that information, though I haven't seen "Early Summer" I'm going to look for it.

There's also a "Lists" section to fill out. The good thing about this is that members can see what you've already seen, and what you haven't saw - and we're able to find recommendations based on this.

I think you will love this place... Many people, including myself, love your movies. I remember being new here, but feeling comfortable and happy that I was actually in the mainstream among movie lovers!
Thank you for the tip. I'll fill out the lists as soon as I get a chance to.

You sound like your well versed in cinema. Those are some well respected films. I'm a big fan of Film Noir from the classic period of the 40s and 50s. Where going to start a Film Noir Hall of Fame which is a group activity where we nominate a film and we all watch them, then we vote on them and the winner is entered into the Hall of Fame (well the one that we have here at MoFo) You're welcome to join when it starts. So what type of Noirs do you like?
Double Indemnity is a favourite of mine. Others that I like include Rebecca, Touch of Evil, Strangers on a Train, The Big Sleep... I could go on and on!

Hi Lila. Welcome to MoFo!

If you love '50's movies, you might be interested in the upcoming "MoFo Top 100 of the Fifties" countdown. Each member, (as long as you've been a MoFo member for at least 30 days), submits a list of their top 25 movies from the 1950's, (by private message to the countdown host), and then the host uses those lists to calculate the MoFo Top 100 Movies of the 1950's.
Thank you so much for your effort, gbgoodies! I appreciate it. This all sounds like a lot of fun. I'll read both threads and join in if I get a chance to.