Fixing A Bad Actor

Tools    

No Im not gonna start picking on Keanu Reeves. Just if anyone knows how a bad actor can realistically improve is the point of the thread.

So I saw enough of Knock-Knock recently, and he isnt any different than he ever was. There were 2 times though where Keanu didnt just act good, but he killed it.

Of course the first film was Bill & Teds Excellent Adventure. Btw, theyre making a 3rd one, and Keanu & Alex Winter are returning....I think it may be hysterical. Depends on writers and director. Anyway he can nail the stupid stoner bit to a tee. He played the same character with a different name in Parenthood with Steve Martin. Then alot of flat wooden performances for many years....then suddenly The Gift.

I. Was. Floored. Floored! I didnt think he had it in him! Keanu played an abusive redneck alcoholic idiot, just a raging angry mean dude flawlessly. Who was this person? Where has he been? Anyway Ive never seen him act with such raw energy since.

So, how could he realistically improve? IMO Keanu might be better as a supporting actor playing an outlandish character. Great actors say the outrageous parts are fun and easy, so he could do it. Is he really a Hollywood "leading man" draw anymore? IMO hes not a leading man type actor, and might have been out of his element for so long having to do so much in so many projects.

Master of My Domain
I think it's because Reeves was finally given an above-average story and script that could actually profoundly develop the character he's playing. We know Reeves for his roles in Speed and The Matrix and a few other films. They are good, but to be honest there is a lack of character development. Even great actors wouldn't have escaped the flatness. But who knows, maybe he did polish his skills and did improve by himself.

Knock Knock is awesome !

They're not really "bad" actors, but "bad" persons! Bill Pullman and Christian Bale... Dont want to work with them a day!

No Im not gonna start picking on Keanu Reeves. Just if anyone knows how a bad actor can realistically improve is the point of the thread.
It seems to have become very fashionable to bash Keanu on this site. No, he's not the greatest actor on the planet, but he can make the right role work. I thought he was great in Speed and I know I'm probably in the minority on this. but I thought he was the best thing about My Own Private Idaho. And yes, he was terrific in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure.

He was very good in John Wick. He was far more convincing than Denzel Washington in the same role. Also in general he has not been given roles that require him to act. Long time ago there was this film called The Prince of Pennsylvania. And if I remember correctly he showed some range in that one.

He was very good in John Wick. He was far more convincing than Denzel Washington in the same role.
Oh, that's interesting – do you mean in The Equalizer?

They're not really "bad" actors, but "bad" persons! Bill Pullman and Christian Bale... Dont want to work with them a day!
Have never really understood all the Christian Bale hate, but I'm with you on Bill Pullman...Independence Day...worst movie president ever.

Reeves was terrific in The Gift, and that's a movie I love. It's the only time I've ever been to the cinema and there was nobody else in the theater. He has been in a lot of very entertaining movies; I like him a lot. He was also very good in The River's Edge.

Reeves was terrific in The Gift, and that's a movie I love. It's the only time I've ever been to the cinema and there was nobody else in the theater. He has been in a lot of very entertaining movies; I like him a lot. He was also very good in The River's Edge.
Yeah youre right he was good in The Rivers Edge, I forgot about that one. It is the same kind of performance as Bill & Ted, and Parenthood, but it was a good one.

He also was passable in Walk In The Clouds.

Yeah Reeves does get too much flak IMHO. But he could've done a better job in Point Break. Just my opinion.

Adam Sandler need a fix.

Give the guy some roles in Dramatic Movie and he will nailed it like in Reign Over Me and Punch-Drunk Love. He was awesome in both movies.