Donald Trump for President?

Tools    

I've never seen this website before, so I'm not sure how credible it is, but here's a link to an article saying that the GOP is considering changing their rules so that delegates will no longer be bound to primary and caucus poll results if they morally oppose the candidate who they are obligated to vote for. Since many within the Republican Party are apparently unhappy with Trump's campaign, this could have a massive impact on Trump's ability to win the nomination.

So if this amendment is real, and if it passes before the nomination then it's great news for Trump haters, and terrible news for Trump supporters.

It might be terrible news for Trump haters, too. He may have only had the support of a minority of primary voters, and he only won because of a bunch of silly overlapping Prisoner's Dillemas in an overcrowded field, but he still won, and at this point it might be better to let this campaign play out the way so many of us think it will. Otherwise we'll be hearing forever about how he would have won, would have been a great President, and so on.

I was all for stopping him if he didn't literally earn the nomination under the rules (IE: had the most delegates, but not a majority). I'm a little more circumspect about circumventing that process. It's perfectly within the party's rights, to be sure, and if it happens it'll have been almost entirely Trump's own doing. But a substantial loss in November might be the only thing to break this fever. That happens to all but the most stubborn and reality-resistant supporters if he loses a straight election, but it probably persists otherwise.

Things like removing him at the convention and/or mounting a serious third party bid just give him an excuse for a loss that's almost certainly coming anyway.

So now, the promises on lowering the debt have gone from:

1. It'll be gone in 8 years
2. I never said it would be gone that fast.
3. I won't say when it'll be gone.
4. We'll pay it down when the economy's great.
5. We'll threaten to default if the economy isn't great.

*laughs* That's terrible.

So now, the promises on lowering the debt have gone from:

The sad thing probably is how many of his supporters still think this makes sense as an economic strategy. The consequences would be disastrous.

Anyway, I'm not really that convinced anymore about his chances of winning, based on the latest polls. He's also not running a smart general election campaign, in my opinion, so far. Maybe he wasn't really able to anyway after that insane primary campaign...

Yeah, people underestimate how easy it is to win the primary if you're willing to burn all your bridges in the general. This has led to an inflated sense of his strength as a candidate (that, and myopically talking about nominal vote totals without noting that he received a minority of the overall vote).

By the way, the evidence is piling up that Trump has probably lied about (and certainly wildly exaggerated) his charitable contributions:

Couple scattered stories about him giving "diamond" cufflinks to people who later found out they're cubic zirconia, too. You couldn't possibly invent a better metaphor.

Couple scattered stories about him giving "diamond" cufflinks to people who later found out they're cubic zirconia, too. You couldn't possibly invent a better metaphor.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7108701.html -

Billionaire Donald Trump appears to have asked a British MP for money for his American Presidential campaign – and got a stinging rebuke in return.

Glasgow East MP Natalie McGarry was amazed to receive an email apparently from Trump’s son mentioning an earlier message from his dad, accusing “Crooked Hillary” of “fraud and lies” and asking: “Please donate right now to help my father Make America Great Again.”

So she emailed back to say she would not be donating to Make America Great Again but would instead be sending her “warm hope” that Mr Trump’s “repugnant campaign” failed. Then she published both emails on Twitter for the enjoyment of her 16,000 followers.

In her email, addressed to Trump’s 38-year-old son Donald J Trump Jr, Ms McGarry wrote: “Quite why you think it appropriate to write emails to UK parliamentarians with a begging bowl for your father’s repugnant campaign is beyond me.

“Given his rhetoric on migrants, refugees and immigration, it seems quite extraordinary that he would be asking foreign nationals for money; especially people who view his dangerous divisiveness with horror.“The US elections are a matter for the American people, but I do send my warm hope that they reject your father fundamentally at the ballot box, not just to protect and improve the cohesion in society, to stop his corrosive othering of immigrants and for the protection of hard fought women’s rights in the US, but also, selfishly, for world security and international relations.

“The thought of his reactionary type of politics and apparent ignorance of world affairs having access to a seat at the world table is both surreal and terrifying.

“The above is a long way to say NO, and do not contact me again.”

What the actual hell? She is not my MP but she is close by.

Trump actually made a website called

http://www.lyingcrookedhillary.com

He's been directing people to go to it.

There's some interesting flashy effects:

Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	crooked.JPG
Views:	571
Size:	81.0 KB
ID:	26098  

I thought that might have been some joke email but it looks like he may have been trying to solicit foreign money for his campaign which isn't legal. A complaint has been made against him,

NEW YORK, June 30 (UPI) -- The Donald Trump campaign has been slapped with an Federal Election Commission complaint by nonprofit, nonpartisan group The Campaign Legal Center, for allegedly seeking money from foreign politicians to fund his presidential campaign.

Trump's campaign allegedly sent Icelandic, Scottish, Australian and British politicians fundraising emails asking for donations after the "Brexit" vote took place and as Trump promoted his golf course in Scotland, the complaint contends.

The actions are violations of federal election laws.

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/...pt=hs&or=tn_us

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Well, the choices are now fully polarized, the only question is; do you want to piss off the Left, or piss off the Right?

I think voting for someone because they piss off people we don't like is how we got here in the first place.

I'm voting third-party, or else write-in. This election is done no matter what we do, so the choice is what kind of statement we send going into the next one. And that statement has to be "This is unacceptable."

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I plan on writing-in Bernie Sanders, and wished many would do, as I doubt one vote will change the election. Show the statisticians that we're not happy with the two choices, and maybe more attention will be given in the future for someone outside the one-party, two-branch electorate system.