Slay's Reviews

→ in
Tools    

Thanks T, I'll be posting one for Hellboy tomorrow, and maybe one for Spellbound, the recent documentary that is.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Take your time Slay. I’m looking forward to your Hellboy review.

An American In Paris ****/*****
Once Upon A Time In China *****/*****
Father of the Bride ****/*****
Spartacus *****/*****
The Hidden Fortress ****/*****

You can view my review for each of those films at T-850's Reviews

Maybe I'm bias but I think I will love this Cinema Paradiso , you do have an alarming cool interest in movies, if only you can convert my husband. Ciao !

Father of the Bride
Father of the Bride

Cast: Spencer Tracy, Joan Bennett, Elizabeth Taylor, and Don Taylor

Director: Vincente Minnelli

Writer(s): Edward Streeter (novel), Frances Goodrich, and Albert Hackett

Length: 92 min

MPAA Rating: G

Released: 1950

moviereviews4fun rating: A

Click here to read my review for Father of the Bride.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Excellent Slay! Keep 'em coming!

Great review M'Lord... ... after reading your review and Mark's, I really want to see this one again... it's been much too long...

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Originally Posted by Fox
I'd be interested to know your thoughts on The Day After Tomorrow and The Old Man Who Read Love Stories (sorry if you have reviewed them already; I was too lazy to go back over and read everything).
Oh, please.

Just be thankful that you've had the opportunity to see Rolf de Heer's The Old Man Who Read Love Stories. Don't expect that Brian [or anyone else] has. The film went through Hell just to get its Australian release – you can bet your bottom dollar that the Americans aren't going to see it for a long while yet [after all, they only recently got de Heer's The Tracker, which had a far less turbulent production].

Please, people: reasonable expectations, if you don't mind.

Cyberdine Systems Model 101
Excellent review Slay! You and Mark prove to be great film critics and you should be proud of that.

Put me in your pocket...
Another nice review Bri. It's a great movie...Spencer Tracy was perfect in Father of the Bride. I loved his strong man with a mushy heart....and trying not to show it, except where his daughter is concerned. I don't know why, but I also like that awkward scene when they meet the wealthy parents of Buckly for the first time.

Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Please, people: reasonable expectations, if you don't mind.
Please, people: It never hurts to ask. We never would have found out that interesting piece of information about The Old Man Who Read Love Stories. Ask away.

Outstanding review...
And sawdust restaurants with oyster shells

From The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock by T.S.Eliot

A system of cells interlinked
Awwww, heartfelt review from a Dad.

Great job man.

_S

Are you taking a break for a while, Slay? What do you think your next review will be?

I'm hoping Slaytan is organizing his thoughts about Casablanca, which he has finally seen and of course fallen head-over-heels in love with (as every right-thinking cinephile does).
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
I'm hoping Slaytan is organizing his thoughts about Casablanca, which he has finally seen and of course fallen head-over-heels in love with (as every right-thinking cinephile does).
How insightful, that's exactly what I'm doing. I want to be sure to write something worthy of it. I had similar troubles with 2001.

Eventually guys, and thanks everybody for enquiring.

You just saw Casablanca Slay?

Yeah, for years I had assumed that it was the type of movie that I would never care for, but recently out of embarassment, I decided to watch it. I also picked up a copy of Gone With the Wind, which I also had the same assumption, but I haven't watched it yet.

I saw Casablanca for the first time Friday and have seen it a total of 6 times now. I guess I kind of liked it.

That's the exact same way I felt about it, but when I saw it I was stunned at how incredible it was. It is now my favorite film.