Fat MoFos

Tools    

I've been drinking a lot of seltzer water lately.
Don't waste that stuff. Clowns gotta have it.

Now heres something I still do today, and its easy and will save you alot of weight gain - white grapefruit juice. Straight up, it is so acidic that after an especially unhealthy meal, dessert(s), or whatever....just drinking a small glass of it will destroy about 50% of the fat intake you put in. The stuff tastes foul, so I just pour it in a glass of water to dillute the taste. Guys, it really works.

Cool Its good to like stuff nobody else will touch. Nobody ever tried to swipe my white grapefruit juice.

My goodness. I just took some of my diet drinks out of the pack they came in and I found AN EMPTY UNOPENED CAN. No liquid in it. There's a hole at the bottom of it. The drink must have leaked out and dissolved... but I don't see evidence of a mess.

I chose to get fat so I'd have my own pair of boobs to fondle.

Master of My Domain
I'm skinny right now, but I used to be fat when I was kid. Other kids teased me a lot because of that and it was horrible Thankfully my parents had enough money to get me a personal trainer. and even though it took a lot of time, I went back to a normal weight. Been healthy ever since.

I chose to get fat so I'd have my own pair of boobs to fondle.

Oh man, that is the funniest thing I've heard today.

Well, I have the opposite problem. I'm super skinny. 5'10" and 130lbs. I weighed 135 when I was in high school. Sometimes I just get focused on watching movies and playing video games and I don't even bother to eat. My stomach will grumble, but I am still not hungry and don't want to eat. Eating is such a hassle. Why do I have to do it 3 times a day? I wish I could just eat when I want to and not HAVE to eat to survive.

Also, I'm really not into overweight women. It's a big turn off for me. Sometimes I meet really nice girls who I hit off with and I can tell they like me, and I feel like the only thing stopping me from considering asking them out is their weight. At the same time I feel kind of guilty about it. It's not like I'm judging them as a person, but I just could not marry and have a family with someone I'm not sexually attracted to. Now saying that, it's just in general terms. There's been a couple of times where a girl I've known and gotten to like wasn't too overweight, just a bit, and even though I couldn't imagine having sex with them, their personality is so awesome and they're so much fun to be with that I could see myself being with them anyway just to spend my life with and have a family with someone who's an awesome person.

But seriously, I need to eat more and exercise more... I don't like this laziness in myself.

Master of My Domain
At the same time I feel kind of guilty about it. It's not like I'm judging them as a person, but I just could not marry and have a family with someone I'm not sexually attracted to.
I relate to you man. Like you, I don't like fat woman, but that's because it simply doesn't work with me, and not because I'm some kind of a-hole who appreciates looks only. Now if I said this on Tumblr I would have been stoned.

I relate to you man. Like you, I don't like fat woman, but that's because it simply doesn't work with me, and not because I'm some kind of a-hole who appreciates looks only. Now if I said this on Tumblr I would have been stoned.
I've never gone on Tumblr in my life, but I hear it's a cesspool.

I have a hard time joining the "Water is the BEST thing EVER!" bandwagon. It just seems delusional.
The wife and I buy cheap, sugar free generic Kool-Aid type stuff (nutritionally, almost indistinct from water) and keep a couple of jugs filled with it in the fridge, and just drink it all the time. I thought we'd get sick of it, but it's been years. I drink more water than I ever have (feel fuller around the margins, too) and actually enjoy it.

So yeah: fat stuff. I've been all over the map on this one (your admin was so fat, when he was all over the map he was ALL OVER the map). I'll probably do two posts: a summary of sorts, and then some general observations about how this stuff actually feels.

When I was a kid, I was very skinny. I'm the one with the dark hair on the left:

I'm not sure when I started to get a little chubbier: maybe 13-14? This sort of leveled off and I was probably what you would call thin (or at least, not fat) most of the time I was growing up. This was me at 14:

Around 18-19, I got particularly thin again, though not out of any concerted effort. I think it was mostly in my head: I was technically an adult, I was going out and meeting people more, and therefore had more reason to think about how I actually looked. I don't remember struggling to eat well or exercise. By the time I met my wife, at 21, I was under 160 lbs (I'll see if I have a picture from this time period when I get home).

I don't have a good handle on how quickly I gained weight after that, but I think it was pretty quick, and pretty steady. Being in a happy, long-term relationship can lead to the formation of habits, and unfortunately, a lot of the habits I formed revolved around eating while watching things with my girlfriend/eventual wife. I didn't weigh myself much at all, but based on the wedding pictures I think I was probably somewhere in the 220s or 230s when we got married in 2010, and I just kept gaining after that. Here's a picture from earlier that year, May of 2010. The other guy is MoFo's own The Silver Bullet, who came all the way from Australia and met up with us in Washington D.C.:

I don't know exactly what I weighed at my fattest. I know that, when I started weighing myself every day last year, I was just under 250 lbs. This is three weeks beforehand:

But that was after over a year of tinkering around the margins: giving up a couple of particularly bad meals I was having regularly, scaling back one-pound portions of meat to more like three-fourths of a pound, etc. It was also after playing softball the year before. So I think there's a pretty good chance I was over 260 at one point. Case in point: the following is probably the least flattering photo of me ever taken:

And then I simply decided to stop being fat. I specifically remember the shopping trip where I decided to buy different foods. The next morning was February 6th, 2015, and I weighed 246.8 pounds. I lost 14 lbs in the first month. This shot is from May 21st, at which point I'd dropped almost 30:

On July 18th last year I dipped below 200 lbs for what was probably the first time in eight or nine years. Here I am from December, eyeing the kind of deliciousness that started this whole mess:

On the one-year anniversary of the start of the new diet, I weighed 180.6, over 66 lbs less than when I started, and probably more like 75-80 less than whatever I was at the height of my weight.

There's been some stabilizing since then (I was unrealistically strict with my eating habits in the month leading up to the big anniversary), but as of this morning I'm 186.2 pounds, and I've been doing light weightlifting for over six months and walking two miles a day, so I assume muscle must account for some of it. More than it used to, at least.

Obviously, I'm very happy with all this. I'm a little concerned about the next few years, because it's common to keep weight off for a year (or even three or four or five) and then gain it back anyway. I know if I had a child, for example, or if work became much more stressful, it would probably be very difficult to keep at it. But I do feel some habits have been mostly broken, and a lot of good replacement habits are starting to feel increasingly normal (as opposed to things that require a special effort), so we'll see.

When I started my honest-to-goodness goal was just to lose 25 lbs, to get back into the 220s. I figured (correctly, as it turned out) that with some mindful clothing choices I could hide that level of weight pretty well most of the time, but I kept going, and it's been remarkably rewarding.

So, that's what it looks like to be thin, get fat, and then get thin again.

Obviously, I'm very happy with all this. I'm a little concerned about the next few years, because it's common to keep weight off for a year (or even three or four or five) and then gain it back anyway. I know if I had a child, for example, or if work because much more stressful, it would probably be very difficult to keep at it. But I do feel some habits have been mostly broken, and a lot of good replacement habits are starting to feel increasingly normal (as opposed to things that require a special effort), so we'll see.
Very very impressive. I knew one person similar to your height and build too that lost weight, and kept it off. You seem to have gone about it the right way, methodically & patiently, and I doubt your weight will yo-yo. Sure youll gain a few pounds from stress someday, but I doubt youll ever see 250lbs again.