Worlds Best Vampire Movie?

Tools    

Horror of Dracula. How can you beat the ending?
But anybody working class in the Hammer films is portrayed as an idiot.

Cronos is one of those movies that fell between the genre cracks. It was too arty for the horror fans and too much of a horror movie for the art film fans. Another of those is Cemetery Man.
And "The little girl who lives down the lane" was marketed as a horror film, so it attraced the wrong audience, and the people who would have appreciated it, didn't see it.

Tell you what, I saw about half an hour of 30 Days of Night a few days ago and I was impressed. I remember Lance Henriksen talking about how brutal the vampires are and he was right and then some. They're really scary, feral and horrible in the way they visibly hunger and the movements and mannerisms add significantly. I like that, when they make things a little more realistic and close to home.

The original Dracula was great, but Horror of Dracula featured Christopher Lee when he was young and dynamic, and I think that anybody who saw Lee as Saruman should give himself a chance to watch the young Lee.
Let's see...
Night Stalker
Vampire Lovers
Part of my generation is that when I was growing up, you had to watch it when they were showing it,or else miss it. And when you went to the bathroom you might miss the good part.

I watched Tony Scott's The Hunger over the weekend. It's a unique and brooding vampire flick w/ David Bowie. The film is deliberately slowpaced and atmospheric, and strongly influenced by the darkwave goth movement of the 80's. Aesthetically it reminded me of Blade Runner and Hannibal, both filmed by Tony's older brother. It's somewhat of an erotic thriller but at the same time unsettling and horrific. I'd rank it up there as one of the stronger vampire flicks I've seen.

Cronos
Dracula (1931)
Let the Right One In (and the 2010 remake Let Me In)
The Lost Boys
Nosferatu
Only Lovers Left Alive
Stake Land
Thirst
Vampyr
What We Do in the Shadows

Cronos
Dracula (1931)
Let the Right One In (and the 2010 remake Let Me In)
The Lost Boys
Nosferatu
Only Lovers Left Alive
Stake Land
Thirst
Vampyr
What We Do in the Shadows
Have you seen The Addiction? Only Lovers Left Alive is almost a sort of spiritual sequel to it in many ways.

Beat me to it. Such a gem.
Yep. One of my favorite movies of the 90's, actually. Ferrara's work can be hit & miss, but when it hits it's a joy to behold.

Have you seen The Addiction? Only Lovers Left Alive is almost a sort of spiritual sequel to it in many ways.
No, I haven't. But, I like some of Ferrara's other work: Ms. 45, Bad Lieutenant, and Welcome to New York.

Sounds interesting. I will add it to my Netflix DVD queue. Thanks!

i would say Bram Stoker's Dracula as big candidate and Interview with the vampire as close second.

The Lost Boys is the best vampire movie ever for me..

Angles of Darkness (aka. Styria) was pretty good...(At least no-one 'glittered')
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	91Gz68wO5HL._SL1500_.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	350.3 KB
ID:	25880  
We are fast approaching the stage of the ultimate inversion: the stage where the government is free to do anything it pleases, while the citizens may act only by permission; which is the stage of the darkest periods of human history, the stage of rule by brute force. ~Ayn Rand

Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis!!! Si vis pacem, para bellum!!!