Television Tab

Tools    

Anyone here tried the show Billions? I watched the first episode earlier and thought it was pretty good. I've been interested in it ever since i read an article about the guy Giamatti's character is loosely based on a few months back. It didn't blow me away or anything but i think it has potential, and i love Giamatti and like Damien Lewis so i think i'll continue.
I've seen the first two episodes and have the third recorded. So far, so good. As you say, it has potential and the two leads should be guaranteed. I will say that the supporting cast is good, too.

Finished off series 2 of Lost Girl, and now a few episodes into series 3, I like the new character Tamsin a lot. As for Lauren, she has been getting on my nerves for a while now, so team Bo and Tamsin!

Also finished series 3 of Orange Is The New Black, perfect.

Started watching Locked Up, episode 1 on channel 4 and now it seems to have buggered off somewhere... I don't like how you now have to watch it online if you want to continue it, don't do that Channel 4, that's just ******. I thought they were going to show it every week on television but could also watch the whole series online. BLA.

Started watching Locked Up, episode 1 on channel 4 and now it seems to have buggered off somewhere... I don't like how you now have to watch it online if you want to continue it, don't do that Channel 4, that's just ******. I thought they were going to show it every week on television but could also watch the whole series online. BLA.
I didn't know this. ****ers. I might as well delete it then.

I've seen the first two episodes and have the third recorded. So far, so good. As you say, it has potential and the two leads should be guaranteed. I will say that the supporting cast is good, too.
I finished it and thought it was really good. It is getting quite mixed reviews mostly because none of the characters are very likeable which i agree with but i don't think it matters personally. It definitely has its flaws but has very good acting and is just entertaining. I though this would be Giamatti's show but i have to say Damian Lewis has been better for me so far. The one thing i'm worried about is how many seasons they can drag this out before it gets repetitive, i thought at first there'd maybe be a different story every season.

I've recorded Locked Up but not got round to watching it yet.
Watched the first two of the new French thriller The Disappearance on BBC 4 about a missing French teenager. It's well done, but I'm not sure about secrets being told and then revealed so obviously. The usual quirk in the detective - a miserable and grumpy one..how novel! he is quite empathetic tho having a rebellious teenage daughter himself.

Speaking about damaged detectives, did anyone watch Marcella? It was pretty far fetched but Anna Friel was terrific and there was a lot of unrevealed back story which I found intriguing.

Just finished watching the Swedish family drama Thicker Than Water. Not as good as The Legacy, but I like this kind of family relationship series. Set in a beautiful part of Sweden, great landscapes of sea and countryside.

Watched that Undercover which on the face of it with two excellent actors - Sophie Okenedo and Adrian Lester - should've been so much better than it was. Let's face it they wasted an astonising real life story about undercover coppers in so deep they formed relationships and had children with unknowing partners. The dramatisation brought in other elements about an unsolved murder in police cells, and bizarrely a death row case in the USA. This mish mash was brought to an ending that was incomprehensible. When it had finished I had to go and read the reviews to understand what happened. What a waste.

On a lighter note, nice to see The Great British Sewing Bee back, it's great to see ordinary people's skills being showcased.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I've been watching Upstart Crow. It's stranded somewhere between Horrible Histories and Blackadder, it's a bit obvious and the laughter track is incredibly annoying but it's actually grown on me and I find it quite enjoyable in a funny if you don't want to think too hard kind of a way.

I've been watching Upstart Crow. It's stranded somewhere between Horrible Histories and Blackadder, it's a bit obvious and the laughter track is incredibly annoying but it's actually grown on me and I find it quite enjoyable in a funny if you don't want to think too hard kind of a way.
I've been watching that too TN. It's grown on me too, but I find the Will Kemp character based on David Brent incredibly grating. They def should've given that a miss.

Yeah, his whole character is that one joke. I get it, especially the whole 'big in Italy' idea, but it's only funny once not every single episode. Also it's just a bit awkward.

I've recorded Locked Up but not got round to watching it yet.
Watched the first two of the new French thriller The Disappearance on BBC 4 about a missing French teenager. It's well done, but I'm not sure about secrets being told and then revealed so obviously. The usual quirk in the detective - a miserable and grumpy one..how novel! he is quite empathetic tho having a rebellious teenage daughter himself.
I have the first two episodes to watch. I'm interested, but not overly so. Unless there's more to it or it just really grabs me, I can see me quitting after two or three episodes.

Speaking about damaged detectives, did anyone watch Marcella? It was pretty far fetched but Anna Friel was terrific and there was a lot of unrevealed back story which I found intriguing.
I only saw a couple of bits of this when it was on Gogglebox. I thought it looked fairly rubbish. Kind of like an ITV version of The Fall meets Nordic noir.

Did anyone watch the first episode of Versailles? It's not good, but in quite an enjoyable way. It's not until you see something like this that you realise just how good the BBC stuff is. That said, I'll give it another episode at least because I like this kind of thing and some of the acting is almost laughably poor.

Did anyone watch the first episode of Versailles? It's not good, but in quite an enjoyable way. It's not until you see something like this that you realise just how good the BBC stuff is. That said, I'll give it another episode at least because I like this kind of thing and some of the acting is almost laughably poor.
Yep, we did and imo it was absolutely dreadful - throwing a little bit of just about everything it could think of at the viewers to try and find an audience. No doubts herself will want to watch more of it but if it were up to me the series link would've already been cancelled

fun fact: before Shakira crossover to the english speaking market with her album Laundry Service,she starred in a tela novela called El Oasis to promote her spanish music.
she later bought the rights to it so it would never be aired again-so its impossible to get ahold of it apart from some very short clips on youtube.

Caught up with Peaky Blinders. Loved the first series, the second one slightly less so, but I think this third season has lost the plot a bit. The real low point was when the crazy Russian lady proved she was a crazy Russian lady by playing Russian roulette. Lazy writing really. And then last episode there's an extended orgy for no particular reason. Although Tom Hardy was back, so that was fun.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Tulip on Preacher is absolutely delicious. What a great character.

BANNED
Occasionally I watch Tosh.O whatever season. Most of the time I'm cracking up laughing with people on youtube. They're trying to be like the movie Jackass, even though some of them, well - they're jackass's anyway. It's medication session after work with a beer and seeing that stuff.

Tulip on Preacher is absolutely delicious. What a great character.
I never read the comics so I have no other experience with her character other than what's on the show, but so far I find her rather annoying. I really liked episode 2 (except for her), but I'm sort of afraid that I'm not going to like the series because I figure she's going to become a more important character.

Other than the fact that I think she deserves a punch in the face, I can't really put my finger on what I dislike about her though.

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
I can see that. Initially, I didn't care for her.