2016 MoFo Mega Movie Tournament

Tools    

Anyway i have to go. When JJ comes on and looks over them if there are no double picks then take away The Maltese Falcon from me and add The Night of the Living Dead for Destiny.
No, that's OK. Thanks anyway, kiddo.

Actually, that would give me eight, and you only seven. That's OK. I thought I was suppose to choose another.
Its cool i just remembered i nominated The Maltese Falcon in the last tournament and i really like The Night of the Living Dead. More than likely some other movie has been picked more than once anyway.

Its cool i just remembered i nominated The Maltese Falcon in the last tournament and i really like The Night of the Living Dead. More than likely some other movie has been picked more than once anyway.
Well, if you are sure. It's funny, but I'm now watching Fright Night, and thinking how that would be a cool choice, too. I'm awful. I could do this all week long, and then some. No worries. Night of the Living Dead it is.

Oh, that's a great one, too. I also love him in The Money Pit. I've been watching the both of those lately. Actually, years ago (Very early 90's) when I first bought The Burbs on VHS, I watched it so damn much, it turned into static. No *****!

Let the night air cool you off
I'll get this going in the next few days. I've been pretty busy doing summer classes, so expect this to be slower than a Sexy tournament. I'll try to get all those noms together, make sure there aren't any dupes, and get them in a bracket tomorrow-ish. At the latest, hopefully, this tournament will be up and running by Thursday.

EDIT: I really appreciate all the help, Camo!

Just a couple of questions to Raul or anybody else who feels inclined to offer an opinion:

How many match-ups should be put at once? and how long should the match-ups be left up before moving to the next round?

The Empire Strikes Back
Beverly Hills Cop
Seven
The Dark Knight
Kramer vs. Kramer
The Miracle Worker
The Sting
V for Vendetta

*EDIT: Whoops. Looks like I was a little late. Well, at least The Terminator made it. Very happy about that.

Remember to make sure you've seen both films in the match before you vote.

Round 1

1. Dark City (1998; Alex Proyas) vs The Fly (1986; David Cronenberg)

2. The Last of the Mohicans (1992; Michael Mann) vs Halloween (1978; John Carpenter)

3. Rififi (1955; Jales Dassin) vs Mad Max: Fury Road (2015; George Miller)

4. The Thing (1982; John Carpenter) vs Up (2009; Pete Docter, Bob Peterson)

5. Taken (2008; Pierre Morel) vs The Big Country (1958; William Wyler)

6. Naked (1993; Mike Leigh) vs The General (1926; Clyde Bruckman, Buster Keaton)

7. Videodrome (1983; David Cronenberg) vs Fail-Safe (1964; Sidney Lumet)

8. Moneyball (2011; Bennett Miller) vs Jaws (1975; Steven Spielberg)

2. The Last of the Mohicans (1992; Michael Mann) vs Halloween (1978; John Carpenter)

6. Naked (1993; Mike Leigh) vs The General (1926; Clyde Bruckman, Buster Keaton)

Round 1

Regarding #8 - Gah! I knew that would happen. Had to help vote out one of my own picks cause its against one from my top ten.

Round 1

2. The Last of the Mohicans (1992; Michael Mann) vs Halloween (1978; John Carpenter)-Toughest match for me.

Woody Allen is a pedophille
Round 1 (Have not seen films in red)

I'll get this going in the next few days. I've been pretty busy doing summer classes, so expect this to be slower than a Sexy tournament.
Thank God!

EDIT: I really appreciate all the help, Camo!
Isn't he a sweetie!

Remember to make sure you've seen both films in the match before you vote.
So how long, round about, will we have in between each match?

I read through the copied part of my original post, and the rule Raul used was a month for each round to give people a chance to see everything if they want to. I might lower that to either two or three weeks though. It just depends on feedback.

I read through the copied part of my original post, and the rule Raul used was a month for each round to give people a chance to see everything if they want to. I might lower that to either two or three weeks though. It just depends on feedback.
Well, depending on how many people are involved, and if they think this is alright to do, maybe you can take a vote. Make it something like a two, three, or four week run with each set. Personally, I'd either say two or three weeks. I'm not sure which I'd pick, just yet. Anyways, just sayin'.

Round 1

6. Naked(1993; Mike Leigh) vs The General (1926; Clyde Bruckman, Buster Keaton)

8. Moneyball(2011; Bennett Miller) vs Jaws (1975; Steven Spielberg)[/quote]

Very unpopular choices from this noob