Quentin Tarrintinos 4th film?

Tools    

in the begining of kill bill vol. 1 it says the 4th film by Quentin Tarrintino. Am i an idioit but isnt it his 5th film. there was resevoir dogs then pulp fiction then four rooms then jackie brown then kill bill vol.1. am i gettin something wrong here or wut.

are you talking abot just movies that he has directed?? if not then what about true romance?? he wrote that

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by The Silver Bullet
Because I like the Movie Tab.
You and me both, brother. You and me both.

Originally Posted by maz_19_80
are you talking abot just movies that he has directed?? if not then what about true romance?? he wrote that
Well, generally a Quentin Tarantino film is one he writes and directs. That narrows it down to four. If you wish to consider True Romance a Tarantino film, that's cool. I prefer it is a Tony Scott movie with a killer script...but hey. To each his own. (Note: Tarantino only considers himself to have made four movies)

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Well, generally a Quentin Tarantino film is one he writes and directs. That narrows it down to four. If you wish to consider True Romance a Tarantino film, that's cool. I prefer it is a Tony Scott movie with a killer script...but hey. To each his own. (Note: Tarantino only considers himself to have made four movies)
Tony Scott definitely did an excellent job with it but I think Quentin's ending is loads better.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by Garrett
Tony Scott definitely did an excellent job with it but I think Quentin's ending is loads better.
Call me a sap, but I really dug the happy ending. I Slater had really bitten it at the end...I dunno. I guess it depends on how it was done.

I think it would've been neat to see it non-linear.

Originally Posted by Beale the Rippe
Call me a sap, but I really dug the happy ending. I Slater had really bitten it at the end...I dunno. I guess it depends on how it was done.

I think it would've been neat to see it non-linear.

Yeah, I did too... I think that's how it should have happened. The happy ending just seemed kind of anti-climactic to me. You can definitely tell they're two totally different directors.

In Tyler We Trust
Isn't True Romance Quentins Work Too?

its a dog eat dog world
wasnt "from dusk till dawn" a Quentin tarrintino film also?????

In Tyler We Trust
so who cares if he didnt direct it he wrote True Romance. Like Nightmare Before Christmas is a Tim Burton Film was he the director??? no but on the cover it said "A Tim Burton Film"

So what? True Romance is not considered, by anyone, to be a Quentin Tarantino film, not even by Quentin Tarantino himself. He's the one who came up with the whole naval-gazing "fourth film" thing for Kill Bill, not Miramax or anyone else. If the director's opinion isn't proof enough, I don't know what is.

And by the way, The Nightmare Before Christmas is referred to as being "Tim Burton's," and not as a "Tim Burton film". You wouldn't say that Bram Stoker's Dracula is a "Bram Stoker film," would you?

No? Good. Now be quiet and get back in your box.

Originally Posted by Yoda
I don't think Four Rooms is considered a "Quentin Tarantino" film, given the fact that he only directed one of the four segments.
Which segment did he direct? Tha last one? The rest were by Rodriquez, right?

This message goes out to the joker who actually bothered to "report" my posts in this thread. The message is as follows:

Get bent.

Psion

Silver is a moderator on this site so continually reporting his actions is going to be fruitless for you.

I would suggest ignoring him as he usually doesn't respond unless provoked and in truth "get bent" is a pretty tame offense.

I know he can be an a$$hole, we all know this, but to me it's of his more endearing attributes. If you stick around and interact with him enough you'll see why I say this.

Now relax.