Movie Tab

Tools    

My Big Fat Greek Wedding (2002)
Origin: -- USA/Canada --
Genre: -- Romance/Comedy --
Director: -- Joel Zwick --
My Rating: -- (out of 5)

I wish you'd give some hint of what you feel about these films you watch, Silver.
"Today, war is too important to be left to politicians. They have neither the time, the training, nor the inclination for strategic thought. I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids."

Do you know my poetry?
Once Upon A Time in the West - ****

Directed by: Sergio Leone
Written by: Sergio Donati and Sergio Leone
Starring: Henry Fonda, Claudia Cardinale, and Charles Bronson
Released: 1968
Rated: PG-13

My Critique: This film is easily one of the greatest ever made. It's a Leone masterpiece. This film is just absolutely great, I love everything about it. The direction by Sergio Leone was fantastic, he also did a great job on the screenplay along with Sergio Donati. The cinematography was just beautiful, as was the great, great score Leone uses in his film. The 3 stars in the film are terrific, all just great. Henry Fonda played a great bad guy, his character in easily one of the best bad guys in film history. Charles Bronson made an unforgettable performance as "Harmonica", which is one of the best characters ever on film in my opinion. This is my favorite Western film of all time and one of my favorite films of all time.

Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I wish you'd give some hint of what you feel about these films you watch, Silver.
I do. Sometimes.

Taxi Driver (d. Martin Scorsese, 1976)

It's Scorsese's funniest, scariest and best. As an expressionistic portrait of New York it's sublime, the score is astounding and I prefer De Niro's Travis Bickle to his Jake La Motta.

And as far as theme goes, this film, like Raging Bull, knows exactly what it wants to say and exactly how to say it. It goes straight for the jugular.

The Mad Prophet of the Movie Forums
Originally Posted by Ezikiel
Once Upon A Time in the West - ****

Directed by: Sergio Leone
Written by: Sergio Donati and Sergio Leone
Starring: Henry Fonda, Claudia Cardinale, and Charles Bronson
Released: 1968
Rated: PG-13

My Critique: This film is easily one of the greatest ever made. It's a Leone masterpiece. This film is just absolutely great, I love everything about it. The direction by Sergio Leone was fantastic, he also did a great job on the screenplay along with Sergio Donati. The cinematography was just beautiful, as was the great, great score Leone uses in his film. The 3 stars in the film are terrific, all just great. Henry Fonda played a great bad guy, his character in easily one of the best bad guys in film history. Charles Bronson made an unforgettable performance as "Harmonica", which is one of the best characters ever on film in my opinion. This is my favorite Western film of all time and one of my favorite films of all time.
Ditto. I purchased this just yesterday.

A system of cells interlinked
Chinatown - (always spectacular)

Identity - Wasn't a big fan of this one.

Just watched Primal Fear for the millionth time; never ceases to amaze me!

***** out of *****

Cheers, Martin

Do you know my poetry?
The Sting - ***1/2

Directed by: George Roy Hill
Written by: David S. Ward
Starring: Paul Newman and Robert Redford
Released: 1973
Rated: PG

My Critique: The Sting is an awesome con film. It was a great film to watch, I really enjoyed Robert Redford's performance the most, his "Johnny Hooker" character was great and he played the character excellent. Of course we see Paul Newman with Redford here, Newman plays a con man by the name of "Henry Gondorff", and a terrific job he did. The screenplay is great, I'm glad David S. Ward won the Academy Award that year, he did a very fine job writing this film.

I must become Caligari..!
Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, 1971. Stuart
Edward Scissorhand, 1990. Burton
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas, 1998. Gilliam
It's a god-awful small affair, To the girl with, the mousy hair, But her mummy is yelling "No", and her daddy has told her to go, But her friend is nowhere to be seen, Now she walks through her sunken dream, To the seat with the clearest view, And she's hooked to the silver screen, But the film is a saddening bore, For she's lived it ten times or more...

My Big Fat Greek Wedding
Kiss of The Dragon
Spy Game
Pulp Fiction

My Life to Live (d. Jean-Luc Godard, 1962)

Not exactly my favourite Godard picture by any means, but still at times a very beautiful [and very sad] portrait of a woman trying to find happiness and meaning in her life...and failing.

Put me in your pocket...
Truly Madly Deeply (1991)~ I loved it. Juliet Stevenson was amazing as the grief striken widow not knowing how to live on. Very touching.

Dead Reckoning (1947)~ It was ok. Bogart was fine, but it wasn't his best movie. Liz Scott was beautiful, but not the best actress. If you like film noir and are a big Bogey fan, it's probably worth seeing.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Truly Madly Deeply (1991)~ I loved it. Juliet Stevenson was amazing as the grief striken widow not knowing how to live on. Very touching.
One of my favorites. I cry at the perfect ending every single time I watch it (which is often). But I sure do wish Alan Rickman would play a good guy sometime, I'd like to see that.

Originally Posted by Aniko
Dead Reckoning (1947)~ It was ok. Bogart was fine, but it wasn't his best movie. Liz Scott was beautiful, but not the best actress. If you like film noir and are a big Bogey fan, it's probably worth seeing.
Not a bad movie, pretty standard plotting, but I always like Bogie. And Lizabeth Scott really was a beauty, with such a distinctive and sexy voice. Unfortunately she had a relatively brief career. I really like her a lot. The Strange Love of Martha Ivers (1946) was probably the best movie she was in, though she is only a supporting player to Barbara Stanwyk, Kirk Douglas and Van Helfin. She's quite striking whenever she was on screen. Maybe not in the same class as a Betty Bacall, but a good lookin' broad just the same.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
But I sure do wish Alan Rickman would play a good guy sometime, I'd like to see that.
lol

Anyways
Tears of the Sun - 1/5 - Utter rubbish.

Hellboy - It isn't often that a second viewing in the theater is as enjoyable as the first, or maybe even more so, but with this flick it was.

Kill Bill Vol. 1 - God I love this movie. Friday can't some soon enough.

Reservoir Dogs - I saw this once a few years back and it didn't have any significant impact on me, but this second time I liked it much more. Michael Madsen is a certified psycho as Mr. Blonde.