Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

i saw gladiator .That was best movie i ever seen.

The King and I (1956)

I was pretty sure that I wasn't going to like this, but there's always the hope that I can find another Singin' in the Rain or Umbrellas of Cherbourg. There were moments of amusement, but overall it was a torturous viewing experience for me. I shouldn't even be watching a movie like this, but I tried it, I can scratch it off my list, and I can forget about it.

BANNED
The Burning Plain

I quite liked it. I never knew JLo ---??? (Jennifer Lawrence) was in it. The simple explanation, the past catches up to you.

Maybe Trump should watch this Movie

3.5/5

Night and Fog (1955) -
+

Excellent. It was interesting seeing the other side of the coin to Shoah's gruelling nine and a half hours of interviews with a quick, straightforward thirty minute journey through the concentration camps. There really isn't that much i can say about it. Very powerful film with a great score. I think it maybe worked so well because it was so descriptive and matter of factly put. It really gives you the feel for what life and death was like in one of these hellholes. Chilling final words from the narrator.

Very effective documentary that truly deserved its high placing on our countdown.

13 Hours
The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

Michael Bay breaks his bond with robots momentarily to go lift iron with the big boys. Unfortunately, despite hearing of a Bay movie back to form, I still see a shapeless mess of an action film with all the worst things from the Transformers era of Bayhem.

The story is messy and incoherent, even despite trying to build plot and characters for a good 40 minutes. I feel like we flew from one person to the next, one storyline to the the next and with several perspectives of the same storyline in between. I was bored and frustrated trying to follow and enjoy this movie - not that it is confusing and not that it misses action - but for a non-complex story it was overly complicated in its dialog and plot development and the action was not the best from Bay.

Actually this felt very much like Bay on autopilot. The guy can direct action, I've seen it, but lately he seems so formulaic and impersonal (or maybe too "personal" and dedicated to his own style and cardboard-cut direction). Lots of shaky cam, overhead pans, sparkling explosions, blue lense flairs, oversaturated color correction; all the typical Bay stuff, just within a new gift wrapper of war and with heroic badasses (oh wait, is that even a new thing?)

Despite being based on a true story the political aspect and general problem in Benghazi felt completely anonymous and never shined as much as it confused and distracted. Therefore it still ends up as a weightless slightly overlong and rather poorly paced action film, filled with Bay at his "best" in his worst form.

-

The Cove -
-

Just like Blackfish this is hard to rate i think it gives information that everybody should know but it really angers me. I've been swimming with dolphins in Discovery Cove it is the exact same as what i was saying in Black Fish i was young and had no idea this was wrong, so again a small piece of my childhood has died with this documentary. They are such majestic, beautiful animals and really shouldn't be treated this way, no animal should. I really respect the people who dedicate so much of their time and money into protecting these dolphins. It is pretty amazing the complex, expensive operation they come up with to film the cove. The risk alone is worth my admiration. Ric is a very interesting man. I'd never have guessed one of the people most responsible for the cativity of dolphins has made it his lifes work to protect them. I respect him, he obviously feels guilty and is going out of his way to atone. On a pure enjoyment basis i'd say i slightly preffered Black Fish, still i think everyone should watch both of these.

** indicates a rewatch

Bo Burnham: Make Happy
Bo Burnham, Christopher Storer | 2016

The Lobster
Yorgos Lanthimos | 2015

Patton Oswalt: Talking for Clapping
??? | 2016

Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping
Akiva Schaffer, Jorma Taccone | 2016

Singin' in the Rain **
Stanley Donen, Gene Kelly | 2016

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Double sad face.

I really want to see this. cinemajack, why did you not like it?

MESS.

first off,the characters are so weird and shady acting that you wait for a twist to explain it,but that never happenes. apparantly they were supposed to be weird and unlikable from the get go.

This is not a horror movie,nothing like you would think by looking at the poster.
for those who have seen the trailer-you`ve basicly seen the whole movie-things dont start happening until 1:20 and the movie is done 1:30.and the things that do happened then, which apparantly is the whole point of the movie-you already know about. It never went anywhere..ANYWHERE.

i want my money back.

The Burning Plain

I quite liked it. I never knew JLo ---??? (Jennifer Lawrence) was in it. The simple explanation, the past catches up to you.

Maybe Trump should watch this Movie

3.5/5
J.Lo = Jennifer Lopez
JLaw= Jennifer Lawrence

so down with the kids.

Into the grizzly maze

This had some great potential,however there are way too many unecessary subplots and characters.
its even difficult to explain the plot without taking up the whole page-but long story short two estranged brothers,ex girl friend of one and deaf current girlfriend of the other are hunted by a grizzly bear in the woods,although they were the ones who set out hunting for the bear in the first place. and then Billy Bob Thorton shows up for no real good reason.

The bear is scary,and apart from some bad cgi at times i think its done pretty well.

Messy plot,some bad acting from certain actors,some unrealitic scenes and uneeded characters but still enjoyable.

all the awards to the bear.

Breakfast at Tiffany's (1961)