Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Breaking The Waves (1996) - I kind of have to watch this again, like right away haha.
I think you should - one of von Trier's best.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Straw Dogs - 8/10

First saw this at 17, I didn't like it. I think because it's so dark, so I saw it again about 10 years and had the same feeling until I saw it today - amazing film.

Very Freudian. It also seemed like a US-England thing which I found interesting, a stranger in a new land, manhood, as well as the past, and how the local town tries to have their own justice. I think it's a reflection on Sam's independent spirit, even if what happens is ugly. I think he definitely used this movie to release some frustration.

EDIT: I also think it had another comparative - intellectual vs. carnivore. I wish I had written a few things down, as there seemed to be little messages to the audience. Notice the two who were left in the end and their almost similar kinds of lust. And during the big conflict, he's finally forced to abandon any idealism and forced to act upon instinct, even though this was the first time they weren't after him.

Just found out they had a re-make.. If it causes some to watch the original, then maybe something came out of nothing, but I find it frustrating that there are only 2,000 likes on Facebook for the original, but 150,000 for the remake.

Bubba Ho-Tep (2002) -

Very fun film. This is immensely quotable, so many great one liners. The first ten or fifteen minutes until the old guys daughter comes in the room were a bit boring, as soon as she did though it became and remained a lot of fun. Bruce was excellent, great impression of Elvis with his own touch to make it a unique character. It is pretty shocking how much he completely transformed, he is unrecognizable to Ash. They really couldn't have got anybody more perfect for it. I loved Bruces narration throughout, some of it really cracked me up like when he is descibing how he is not sexually threatening to the old guys daughter. JFK was great too: Elvis: President Johnson is dead. JFK: Damn, that won't stop him , Clepopatra does the nasty Elvis: Do you want a ding dong? Ugh i don't mean mine i mean a chocalate ding dong, well i suppose mine would be chocolate now that i've been dyed. Ok i'll stop now. As silly as a lot of this was i think it pulled off serious elements surprisingly well, i genuinely felt for Elvis about his regrets with Pricilla, his daughter, etc, which was in no small part thanks to Bruces performance. And that ending . Yeah this was good fun.

There ya go MV . And no before you ask i won't be watching Hedwig any time soon anyway . I will compromise and finally watch another favourite of yours: Army of Darkness.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Breaking The Waves (1996)
Camo that's pretty much how I felt about it except I did feel sad and I think I liked it a bit more, even as it made me angry too. I couldn't get it out of my head and ended up watching it again a week or so later. I don't know many films that have that kind of effect. I now think it's brilliant.

The Revenant (2015)

+

I certainly wasn't let down by the cinematography, probably the best looking modern movie I've seen. My only worry was boredom, something I never came close to. The story is engrossing and there are several exciting and tense scenes. A little long maybe, but not much to cut out, possibly a couple minutes of flashbacks but that's it. Even when the action stalls the camera keeps moving. Excellent performances and sound as well. Wifey loved it too. Did Hardy's character remind anyone else of Berenger's character from Platoon?

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I liked Breaking The Waves, but not that much.. I did find "Falling Down" fascinating, Michael Douglas' best role, and the only movie I thought that reminded me of "Taxi Driver"

The Law and Jake Wade (1958)

At just under 90 minutes, this movie is an easy watch for western fans. Richard Widmark plays a good weasel, and Robert Taylor does a nice job in the title role, but overall this movie is the definition of average.

Buzz Lightyear of Star Command

Since I found a website where I can watch ANY kidshow ever, I'm watching often something from my past. I remember watching this in the VCR so many times, mostly the sound effects. I watched in english but all the sounds of the movie where like nostalgic, maybe as I remembered them by heart. The movie was ok I guess, I love zurg he is a really cool villian. I just found out that this movie had a series too, maybe I'll watch it later!

Freaks (1932) -
+

Good film. Wasn't sure if this had been ruined for me since i watched a Treehouse of Horror segment which was a parody of it with Homer as the strongman and Moe as one of the freaks, thankfully it was just using the same setting the story was mostly different. For a film this short you really got a good feel for the circus and all of the characters which i think was due to the various different stories, everyone had something to do. The thing that creeped me out most was Hanz; i looked him up after this to make sure it wasn't a kid and no he would've been 30 when this was released he was a member of the doll family. I thought he was pretty amazing actually, in a really weird way. Loved the clown and how nice he was to all of them, he may have been a bit patronizing but it was nice seeing someone treat them like people. God i felt so sad throughout. Like at the start when the kids get called monsters and they just sit cuddling into the woman who looks after them . It was tough not to sympathize with the freaks, as well as hate Cleopatra and the strongman which made for such a satisfying ending.