Good Movies That Did More BAD Than Good

Tools    

I'm sure some would say Blair Witch for creating the whole found footage craze if it can be called that. I wouldn't because i don't watch them.
Good movies Camo, try and keep up

definitely Jaws.

100 millions of sharks are killed per year because of this movie... it still an awesome movie (In My Top 10) but people are so stupid

whatever brought on the scary movie movies.
I think it was just because Scream was so popular. That style goes back to Airplane though, maybe earlier.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
I suppose The Deer Hunter for triggering a series of real life Russian roulette related deaths. I always thought this was just an urban myth, but according to Snopes.com, it is actually true.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I hate to even mention it because it's a great movie, but "Straw Dogs" is one. People only see the violence, but it's very psychological.. I almost want to watch the remake to see the new "values" and how they impose them 30+ years later.

So many good movies, so little time.
Gone with the Wind portrayed a positive view of the slave system and helped establish the myth of positive race relations in the South. The movie may actually have delayed full enfranchisement of blacks in the South (Brown vs. Board of Ed (1954), The Civil Rights Act (1964))

Big Sam: "And he (Scarlett's father) had a fit when they took all us field hands to dig a ditch for the white soldiers to hide in. But your Ma says the Confederacy needs us, so we goin' to dig for the South."

"Goodbye Miss Scarlett. Don't worry. We stop them Yankees."

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Definitely Birth of a Nation (1915). While the film had a massive impact on the direction of the film industry, it is frequently cited as being partly to blame for the resurgence of the Ku Klux Klan on a nation-wide level.

Some Like it Hot (1959) it sparked a craze of cross dressing. Now thanks to that movie approximately 10.5 trillion dollars will be mandated by Congress in the next 10 years to upgrade businesses and schools to a three bathroom status to accommodate transgenders.

Effectively bankrupting the U.S. in 25 years and hasting the fall of capitalism in the west. Thus allowing China to finally purchase every scrap of land in America (not like that haven't already been doing that) and erasing American culture.

The Chinese will then erect a statue of a giant Lemon where Hollywood once stood. That statue will have an inscription that reads: Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn.