Movie Trivia You Think Is Interesting?

Tools    

ive heard on numerous occations that dustin and meryl didnt get along. i dont know if thats because they were "in character" though,but dustin has spoken rather unfondly of the time making that movie.
I don't know, but I do know that like his character in Tootsie, Hoffman has a reputation for being "difficult."

Selenas parents certainly dont waste any time,the (sugarcoated) movie about her life was in works just 6 months after Selenas death.Her parents defended the decision saying that if they hadnt done it someone else would and then it would have been out of their hands. Jennifer Lopez lived her family for awhile.

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right

In this scene Nicolas Cage really eats that cockroach. Actually, it's second take as the first time something went wrong. All in all, Cage ate two cockroaches. Talk about dedication.

But Not Slight of Mind or Tongue...
Supposedly the word Scuzzy was first coined to describe Dustin Hoffman's character Ratso Rizzo in Midnight Cowboy.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
Speaking of Midnight Cowboy, the iconic "I'm walkin here!" scene was on accident. A taxi had accidentally drove on set and Dustin Hoffman decided to instead of just doing another take, to roll with it and let his character react. If you look at Jon Voight's face during that scene, you can see the surprise.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I don't know, but I do know that like his character in Tootsie, Hoffman has a reputation for being "difficult."
I see Meryl as a sweetheart... Does anyone know what was said?

I see Meryl as a sweetheart... Does anyone know what was said?

scroll down
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...ramer-oscar#10
among other things
it says he slapped her across the face (off camera) and taunted her about her boyfriend who had just died to "get a good performance"

this really bothers me about the article though:
it also says he got another actress fired after she was given new lines and didnt say them fast enough.he got angry with her and she started to stutter. after that the article continues :
Unlike Strickland, she hadn’t buckled under the pressure of Dustin’s aggressive technique.

i find that so incredibly rude,and just plain dumb tbh. i dont think she should be applauded for allowing someone to hit her-or that shes better or stronger than anyone else for not speaking up about it.i like meryl but come on...

So many good movies, so little time.
Because he admired it so much and thought he could learn from it.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
scroll down
http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/...ramer-oscar#10
among other things
it says he slapped her across the face (off camera) and taunted her about her boyfriend who had just died to "get a good performance"

this really bothers me about the article though:
it also says he got another actress fired after she was given new lines and didnt say them fast enough.he got angry with her and she started to stutter. after that the article continues :
Unlike Strickland, she hadn’t buckled under the pressure of Dustin’s aggressive technique.

i find that so incredibly rude,and just plain dumb tbh. i dont think she should be applauded for allowing someone to hit her-or that shes better or stronger than anyone else for not speaking up about it.i like meryl but come on...
Thank you for the article! I saw the movie for the first time when I was 17, and liked it very much. It's also nice to know the little things. I think it's too bad he had to talk about John Cazale (I also find it peculiar that the most beautiful woman in the movies was with Fredo), and to slap her - as long as she didn't mind too much.

Btw, the article says "a thirtysomething workaholic New Yorker who sells ad space for men’s magazines" - that's wrong right off the bat. He worked as an artist or an architect....

I know I have some stories, I only got one hour and a half of sleep, my chest is hurting, I'll come back to this later.

Yeah,i actually had no idea they were together until i read this

She did mind though,it says she was furious but didnt say anything about it its also really condecending to think she cant perform without him physically hitting her,i mean its her job!

Oh,that doesnt sound good! Hope you feel better soon Goodnight!

I know what you did last summer is based on a book by Lois Duncan.Lois publicly bashed the movie,saying she
hated that they had turned her suspense book into a slasher movie -her own daughter had been murdered in 1989. After this her credit was removed from the sequel.

I heard when making the movie HEAT that Robert DeNiro and Al Pacino would break Val Kilmers balls and call him Batman. It was around that time he had played Batman. Kilmer was known to be difficult to work with, so they must have had plenty of fuel.

I also heard Al Pacino "went off" on Keanu Reeves hardcore when filming The Devils Advocate. Pacino was doing his long big monologue at the end, and Keanu missed his one or two lines he had. They had to reshoot and Pacino was livid.

I also heard Anthony Hopkins and Gary Oldman hid away from the younger actors when making Dracula, like Winona Ryder & Keanu Reeves. They could have had so much to talk about!

Edit in - This isnt trivia, is it?

^^ yes it is! lmfao i have heard so much crap about kilmer..which is weird cos he comes across as a really cool guy,with a sense of humour.

and i can defo imagine al pacino loosing his temper

This seems like a great thread idea since I often find myself relaying some sort of trivia when responding to people on this site.
Trivia: I just typed this without looking at a single post on this thread (now I'll go look at them).

Tuesday Weld was Stanley Kubrick's first choice to play the role of Lolita in his 1962 film of the same name, but she turned the offer down, saying: "I didn't have to play it. I was Lolita."

She was also first choice for many films that became famous blockbusters, yet she turned many of the opportunities down. When asked about fame and success, she responded:
"I do not ever want to be a huge star. Do you think I want a success? I refused Bonnie and Clyde (1967) because I was nursing at the time but also because deep down I knew that it was going to be a huge success. The same was true of "Bob and Carol and Fred and Sue" or whatever it was called [Bob & Carol & Ted & Alice (1969)]. It reeked of success. "

So many good movies, so little time.

In the baptism scene in The Godfather (1972), the son of Connie Corleone, Michael Francis Rizzi, was played by Sofia Coppla.

She would go on to become the first American woman (third overall, Jane Campion and Lina Wetmiller were the others) to be nominated for a best director Oscar.

In the baptism scene in The Godfather (1972), the son of Connie Corleone, Michael Francis Rizzi, was played by Sofia Coppla.

She would go on to become the first American woman (third overall, Jane Campion and Lina Wetmiller were the others) to be nominated for a best director Oscar.
Her acting was much better in the original Godfather than in Godfather III.