Top 15 Favorite Movies

Tools    

Brimming with rififi!
I love seeing what films land on people's top-whatever lists. It's like a window into their personalities.

Here's my top 15:

1. Rififi (1955)
2. 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)
3. Memories of Murder (2003)
4. Brick (2005)
5. High and Low (1963)
6. Network (1976)
7. Yojimbo (1961)
8. There Will Be Blood (2007)
9. Solaris (1972)
10. Diabolique (1955)
11. To Be or Not To Be (1942)
12. The Lady from Shanghai (1947)
13. The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
14. Taxi Driver (1976)
15. The Apartment (1960)

If i had another five spots on my profile i'd probably fill them with:

11.Naked
12.8 1/2
13.Rashomon
14.Gone With The Wind
15.Le Samourai

That isn't anything definite though just how i'm feeling right now, ask me in a week and they'd be completely different.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Since I detest actually having to rank them from favourite to least favourite, I'm just going to list my 15 all time favourite films. The ones I get the most enjoyment out of watching and watching again. So there won't be anything too crazy.

• Goodfellas
  • Night Of The Living Dead(1968)
  • Point Break
  • The Big Lebowski
  • The Warriors
  • Return Of The Living Dead
  • Hot Fuzz
  • Audition
  • The People Under The Stairs
  • Hackers
  • Videodrome
  • Idle Hands
  • Near Dark
  • Gundam Wing: Endless Waltz (Anime)
  • Trailer Park Boys: The Big Dirty

atually nevermind the departed...i love the movie and i love the cast- wasnt too keen on jacks performance though.
but there was something missing.i dont really know what it is.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
1. Harry and Tonto
2. La Strada
3. Nashville
4. They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
5. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
6. Network
7. The Battle of Algiers
8. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
9. Mr. Deeds Goes To Town
10. A Woman Under The Influence
11. There Will Be Blood
12. The Birdman of Alcatraz
13. McCabe and Mrs. Miller
14. The Seventh Seal
15. Ace In The Hole

1. Raiders of the Lost Ark
2. Pulp Fiction
3. Boogie Nights
4. Jaws
5. The Thin Red Line
6. Treasure of Sierra Madre
7. Wizard Of Oz
8. 2001: A Space Odyssey
9. The Empire Strikes Back
10.Halloween
11. Twister
12. Blade Runner
13. Inglorious Basterds
14. Once Upon A Time In The West
15. Alien
16. O Brother Where Art Thou

1. Harry and Tonto
2. La Strada
3. Nashville
4. They Shoot Horses, Don't They?
5. One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
6. Network
7. The Battle of Algiers
8. The Treasure of the Sierra Madre
9. Mr. Deeds Goes To Town
10. A Woman Under The Influence
11. There Will Be Blood
12. The Birdman of Alcatraz
13. McCabe and Mrs. Miller
14. The Seventh Seal
15. Ace In The Hole
i never heard of any of em except 11 and 5

Pretty good for a beginner.

Here we go: banality top 15.

Comin' in at number 15 it's For a Few Dollars More. Feel like we got Leone after underdoing it and before overdoing it here, guys.
14. The Silent World. If you haven't seen any Jacques Cousteau just cast your movie collection into the sea.
13. Magnolia. It actually has nothing to do with magnolias but still pretty good.
12. Badlands.
And speaking of Martin Sheen, number 11 is Apocalypse Now. Vietnam film, maybe you've heard of it.
10. Hearts of Darkness. Oh wait, switch Apocalypse Now and this one.
9. Three Colours: Blue. Technically, blue is the best colour.
8. The Lady From Shanghai.
7. I Vitelloni. Italian for vitamin E.
6. Eyes Wide Shut.
5. Space Jam. This one is a lie.
4. After Hours.
3. Breathless.
Here's where it gets tricky
2. F For Fake. This one wrestled with 8 1/2 for number 1 and lost (put up a good fight tho).
1. 8 1/2. Italian for 8 1/2.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Pretty good for a beginner.

Here we go: banality top 15.

Comin' in at number 15 it's For a Few Dollars More. Feel like we got Leone after underdoing it and before overdoing it here, guys.
14. The Silent World. If you haven't seen any Jacques Cousteau just cast your movie collection into the sea.
13. Magnolia. It actually has nothing to do with magnolias but still pretty good.
12. Badlands.
And speaking of Martin Sheen, number 11 is Apocalypse Now. Vietnam film, maybe you've heard of it.
10. Hearts of Darkness. Oh wait, switch Apocalypse Now and this one.
9. Three Colours: Blue. Technically, blue is the best colour.
8. The Lady From Shanghai.
7. I Vitelloni. Italian for vitamin E.
6. Eyes Wide Shut.
5. Space Jam. This one is a lie.
4. After Hours.
3. Breathless.
Here's where it gets tricky
2. F For Fake. This one wrestled with 8 1/2 for number 1 and lost (put up a good fight tho).
1. 8 1/2. Italian for 8 1/2.
Funny

I think Magnolia is my favorite out of your list, but I also like Eyes Wide Shut, I Vitelloni.. I haven't saw "F For Fake" in a long time, but I probably would rather watch Orson in an interview, or "The Making of 'The Trial'" - which I'm sure influenced "After Hours"

Funny

I think Magnolia is my favorite out of your list, but I also like Eyes Wide Shut, I Vitelloni.. I haven't saw "F For Fake" in a long time, but I probably would rather watch Orson in an interview, or "The Making of 'The Trial'" - which I'm sure influenced "After Hours"
I think F for Fake was the only really original film Welles made since Kane, besides interviews are always horrible. After Hours was Kafkesque though for sure.

#15: Moon (2009)

This seems like a simple sci-fi movie at first, but several plot points show that something far more sinister is happening. Also, this movie has the tendency to surprise you with its multiple reveals. This is definitely a film which flew under the radar.
Saw this for the first time just a few days ago...awesome film...Sam Rockwell was freaking brilliant.

BANNED
Since I am new to this forum, I suppose that I might as well leave a short post talking a bit about some of the movies I like. These are the movies that I've enjoyed the most. You may dislike some of these films, but keep in mind that this just my own subjective opinion. Most likely, it will be different than yours.

#1: 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

I understand why some people dislike this movie, but I was enthralled throughout the whole experience. The movie offers some great ambiguity which makes the movie even more amazing and re-watchable. There were many memorable scenes which blew me away. The music perfectly fits the movie. Also, in my opinion, it has the most beautiful cinematography out of all the movies I've seen. Everyone should watch this at least once. Sure, some scenes were drawn out, but it didn't bother me at all and I was entertained throughout the entire movie.

You can feel free to discuss your opinions on these films if you're interested in doing so.
I'm not saying you are a Sci-Fi Movie lover, though there is a few Sci-Fi Films which you classed as the 15.

My House guest 1 years ago, he was writing a Sci-fi book. He has writing to for 10 years and his collection of DVD's is all about Sci-fi Films. He's chef by trade, but certainly not a clean and proficient writer. Hand written, typed (old typewriter) new computer. 1000 pages. Many times I said to him "do a trilogy".

I like many of your movies.