Favorite Disney Animated Classics?

Tools    

I hated both Dumbo and Bambi as a kid. Dumbo really frightened me during those scenes with all the pink ghost elephants. And Bambi just because I couldn't figure out if that deer was a girl or just a really girly boy and it frustrated me.

This isn't a definitive list but this is what I can think of right now.

01. The Lion King
02. Peter Pan
03. Pinocchio
04. Lady and the Tramp
05. Tarzan
06. Aladdin
07. Mulan
08. Bambi
09. Pocahontas
10. Beauty and the Beast
11. The Emperors New Groove
12. Hercules
13. The Hunchback of Notre Damme
14. Oliver & Company
15. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
16. The Little Mermaid
17. The Aristocats
18. One Hundred and One Dalmations
19. Dumbo
20. Sleeping Beauty
21. Lilo and Stich
22. The Princess and the Frog
23. The Rescuers
24. Alice in Wonderland
25. Bolt
26. Cinderella
27. Robin Hood
28. Rescuers Down Under
20. Meet The Robinsons
30. The Many Adventures of Winnie The Pooh
31. Atlantis: The Lost Empire
32. The Jungle Book
33. The Great Mouse Detective
34. Dinosaur
35. Frozen
36. Chicken Little

I know every person is entitled to their own opinions but... there's so much wrong with this list.

Nah we actually agree on a decent amount, like Chicken Little being last and Dinosaur being one of the worst. I really can't get behind Robin Hood over Rescuers Down Under and The Great Mouse Detective though. It has the worst animation of any Disney film, and that isn't even really an opinion since they reused footage from other films and it was just horribly under budget. Such an eyesore.

As much as I love the more recent stuff, I don't consider anything made from 2000 on a "classic." Even 90s movies are stretching it. A lot.

My favorite growing up was Lady and the Tramp. These days though it's definitely Bambi. No contest.

I hated both Dumbo and Bambi as a kid. Dumbo really frightened me during those scenes with all the pink ghost elephants. And Bambi just because I couldn't figure out if that deer was a girl or just a really girly boy and it frustrated me.
Pinocchio terrified me as a kid, the whale and donkey scenes ruined my childhood haha. I consider it one of three films to have genuinely scared me along with The Exorcist and Poltergeist 2. It is now my favourite and i think that is at least partially related to the emotions it brought out as a kid.

As much as I love the more recent stuff, I don't consider anything made from 2000 on a "classic." Even 90s movies are stretching it. A lot.

My favorite growing up was Lady and the Tramp. These days though it's definitely Bambi. No contest.

Disney Animated Classics is actually a name given by Disney that includes everything up to Zootopia.

Disney Animated Classics is actually a name given by Disney that includes everything up to Zootopia.
That doesn't change my perception of the name, though.

That said, this is probably my top ten at the moment. I've only seen Zootopia once, so it's hard to rank it. I'd definitely put Chicken Little in last place, but The Wild and Valiant aren't far behind. I'm also in the minority in disliking The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast and Frozen. I'm also not particularly fond of Aladdin or Fantasia.

1. Wreck-It Ralph
2. Bambi
3. Bolt
4. Lilo and Stitch
5. Brother Bear
6. The Emporer's New Groove
7. Alice in Wonderland
8. Meet the Robinsons
9. Dumbo
10. Pinocchio

Those aren't Disney Animated Classics

I liked Valiant, not seen it in years though.
As I said, I don't care about the name. They're still Disney.

That doesn't change my perception of the name, though.

That said, this is probably my top ten at the moment. I've only seen Zootopia once, so it's hard to rank it. I'd definitely put Chicken Little in last place, but The Wild and Valiant aren't far behind. I'm also in the minority in disliking The Lion King, Beauty and the Beast and Frozen. I'm also not particularly fond of Aladdin or Fantasia.

1. Wreck-It Ralph
2. Bambi
3. Bolt
4. Lilo and Stitch
5. Brother Bear
6. The Emporer's New Groove
7. Alice in Wonderland
8. Meet the Robinsons
9. Dumbo
10. Pinocchio
The Wild looks... f*cking weird. That's really Disney?

The Wild looks... f*cking weird. That's really Disney?
Yep. Made the mistake of blind buying it. Watched it once and it has collected dust ever since.

Master of My Domain
The Wild is basically a failed expiriment that keeps blowing up and destorys everything.

Ya know, Disney gets a lot of crap, but that's an INSANE amount of movies I've seen. Probably because I can count on them averaging around

I gotta rewatch a bunch of these. *sigh* The ones that stick out to me the most in no particular order (jeez, what do I leave out?):

Snow White, Fantastia, Alice in Wonderland, Black Cauldron, Beauty and the Beast, Aladdin, Liiiioooonnnn Kiiiinnnnnggggg (nostalgia), Hunchback of Notre Dame, Hercules, Mulan, Emperor's New Groove, and Treasure Planet.

I'm not sure which one I'd call my favorite, but the only one I presently own in some form is Fantasia.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
These are the Disney animated movies that I've seen. Their rank is based on not only the movie, but also the songs. Plus, it's been a while since I've seen some of these movies, so their rank could easily change after a rewatch.

Lilo & Stitch
Bambi
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
Wreck-It Ralph
Fantasia
Beauty and the Beast
Frozen
Big Hero 6
The Jungle Book
Sleeping Beauty
The Sword in the Stone
The Lion King
Tangled
Treasure Planet
Bolt
Alice in Wonderland
Peter Pan
Robin Hood
Cinderella
Aladdin
Lady and the Tramp
Pinocchio
The Emperor's New Groove
The Little Mermaid
Fantasia 2000
The Aristocats
One Hundred and One Dalmatians
Dumbo

These are the Disney animated movies that I've seen, but it was so long ago that I don't remember them:
Pocahontas
Mulan
Atlantis: The Lost Empire
The Princess and the Frog

If we include the Disney live action movies that also have animation, these movies would also be on my list:
Mary Poppins
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
Song of the South
Enchanted
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Pete's Dragon

I used this Wikipedia page as a reference for the Disney Animated Movies, but I did not include any of the movies in these sections:

Direct to video and television movies
Other animated movies released by Disney
Pixar computer animated movies released by Disney
Animated movies distributed but not produced by Disney

Master of My Domain
Does anyone else have soft spot for Mulan? It's predictable, thematically shallow and Eddie Murphy isn't funny etc. but overall I think the 80 something minutes are wickedly fun. "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is easily one of my favorite Disney songs.

Does anyone else have soft spot for Mulan? It's predictable, thematically shallow and Eddie Murphy isn't funny etc. but overall I think the 80 something minutes are wickedly fun. "I'll Make a Man Out of You" is easily one of my favorite Disney songs.
Yus. Although is it really any more thematically shallow than most Disney movies? Really?

01. The Lion King
02. Peter Pan
06. Aladdin
14. Oliver & Company
15. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
26. Cinderella
32. The Jungle Book
33. The Great Mouse Detective
36. Chicken Little

these are ones I have watched but i m sure all other will be good too as i m the biggest fan of such movies