Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Tools    

Honestly, this looks to be heading for that rare so-bad-it's-good category.

We are talking Batman & Robin or Fan4stic territory here.

Welcome to the human race...
Honestly, this looks to be heading for that rare so-bad-it's-good category.

We are talking Batman & Robin or Fan4stic territory here.
Not necessarily, it's much harder for a comedy to be so-bad-it's-good than a regular film. Much of the entertainment derived from the typical so-bad-it's-good film is amusement at watching the film fail at its goal due to a lack of filmmaking quality. If the goal of a comedy is to deliberately amuse people, then a comedy that doesn't amuse people is a failure on both fronts since it is not only bad but unfunny to boot. In any case, I'm not entirely sure that Batman and Robin or Fant4stic are the best examples of so-bad-it's-good films.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
The joke about being black or a woman clearly was a response to the hate towards this film.

I still cannot really see any redeeming qualities in either trailer. The one thing that is decent is the ghost design, but I seem to be on my lonesome with that one.

I expect the internet to really hate this film, regardless if it's half decent or not. IMDB rating prediction 4.5

Suspect's Reviews

Yeah I wouldn't say Batman And Robin or Fant 4 Stick fall into that category either tbh.

Commando, Street Fighter (maybe), The Happening, On Deadly Ground and Emmerich's 2012 are though.

This GB movie just looks like Scooby Doo: Monsters Unleashed. Which also didn't reach the heights of so-bad-it's-good.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Also Leslie Jones??? Really?? You people are laughing at what she's doing? She has to be the WORST choice for this ensemble. Her one note routine of being a loud black woman who makes sexual remarks on SNL got old really fast and look....she's being a loud black woman again.

I never laughed at any of it. Leslie Jones or not.

I had one eyebrow raised though throughout the trailer. And not in a good way.

Welcome to the human race...
I'm wondering if the second trailer got cut together before or after the massive outpouring of hatred towards the first one - if it's the latter, I sort of have to admire the fact that they're not really compromising their approach in a futile attempt to satisfy the more incorrigible sections of the fanbase. That being said, it's not like this trailer gets any more laughs than the last one did so unless they really are saving literally all of their best material for the film proper then it's hard not to have some serious doubts.

At least I like the visual style. Comparing it to Scooby-Doo 2 isn't exactly dissuading me.

Please hold your applause till after the me.
While the trailers aren't very good, I don't think that it deserves all of the hate it's getting. People seem to forget that trailers are really hard to make, majority of the time the movies aren't even finished, but the executives want to start marketing early so sometimes they have to cut together a trailer from just random footage. Even if that isn't the case, there are still a lot of good movies that have awful trailers, like Braveheart, Cast Away, and Star Wars. So I think people need to calm down and wait for the actual movie to declare its quality.

I just watched the new trailer.

They must KNOW this movie is going to be terrible. I think they're hoping its notoriety actually helps the film.

WTF are they doing in that movie? Fighting off an evil Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade?

Also Leslie Jones??? Really?? You people are laughing at what she's doing? She has to be the WORST choice for this ensemble. Her one note routine of being a loud black woman who makes sexual remarks on SNL got old really fast and look....she's being a loud black woman again.
This times a thousand. She's the worst cast member on SNL right now. She has 1 joke that she's been telling non-stop for years. It can be funny juxtaposed to Colin Jost, because that's her exact opposite, but in itself nothing she says is funny.

I betcha this movie loses money. Its not that theres bad vibes coming from it, its because Ive heard nothing good about it.

They shoulda got Ron White, Kevin Hart, Ken Jeong, and Ralph Fiennes (why not, somebody'd have to carry that mess), and this would have just killed at the box office.