What was the last DVD you bought and why?

Tools    

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?

All for $25. Upgraded to blu-ray for both Bad Boys and Pulp Fiction. I'm working on collecting every season of The Simpsons, now I'm a step closer.

I went to a used book/record store and bought 1987's Predator, because it is one of the myriad important movies that isn't on streaming. I'd never seen it and who knows when I would have if I hadn't gone?

VHS never had a chance against DVD, but right now DVD certainly has a big chance against streaming due to the lack of selection on the latter.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

Got these from Target.

Ironically, the last DVD I buyed was 'Clockwork Orange' by Stanley Kubrick - actually was still missing in my collection. It was a real steal. And also a masterpiece which, in my opinion, not many movies come close to. The artificial 'youth language', the bizarre mixture of happy music with violent scenes, the state of the society in the movie itself - just wow. A real Kubrick, a real blow to the mind.

The Iron Giant

Dog Soldiers

Zombie Strippers .... (Only because it had Robert Englund in it....)

All because Rhys exchanged a game and let me have the 2 pound over he had from it ^_^

Requiem (2006)

I just thought it sounded good, and it was Criterion Collection. It turned out to be an excellent movie, so I'm glad I own it.

"Contact"

I really love Jodie Foster, her actress playing is just incredible and the ideas and thesis in this movie are great. Alaways loved this movie, not easy to find in France.