Ghostbusters: Afterlife

Tools    

My problem is assumption from many people I don't like this because of the female cast.

The fans have been talking about this for many years and by the looks of the trailer we are being completely ignored for the movie Paul wants to make.

It never had to be the original cast (would of been nice) but at least within the same universe. The CGI looks horrific by today's standards. If you are going for a reboot and not part of the original universe then there is zero reason to use CGI only slightly better then the puppets of yesteryear. It looks cheap not nostalgic. I'm sure they didn't have a Star Wars sized budget but still just because you can have a million ghosts doesn't mean you need to. Invest the money in a few good ones.

The original didn't rely on slapstick humor, it closer resembled the humor you see in cartoons, that are shout outs to the adults watching that would go over most kids heads. The trailer is suppose to tease you. This just showed a bunch of forced jokes, with no context or point. "let's go" "oh you're saying it" "oh next time" WTF is the point of that? Why waste seconds of a trailer to "sell" the movie with it?? I know Channings version isn't going ahead but god I wish it was. I believe this will be the next Batman and Robin movie.

I have been waiting decades to see this movie be made, maybe I had unrealistic expectations and that I would never have been satisfied but every bit of information we have from "the big bad" reveal who looks like the logo, the teaser for the trailer sells the movie better then the trailer they released. This is taking a big dump on my expectations. That's why I am disappointed, it has nothing to do with vaginas.

Paul Feeb is a ****ing wanker.

And his cast are all ****heads.
So Rodent, tell me how you really feel...

Ghostbusters was not a work of art, jesus . I like it a lot but cmon. Stop being ****ing ridiculous.

Never called you or anyone else sexist. But you do seem to spend most of your time in this thread happy that this film is failing (if it even is). I think there are going to be a lot worse films that you won't bat an eyelid at this year, so it does bother me that you are rooting for this to fail so much.
To be fair, he rooted for the Robocop remake to fail too.

To be fair, he rooted for the Robocop remake to fail too.
Not sure why that is a + for him tbh. Would think a fan would root for the film to be good but whatever, Some just like being able to say this was worse than what i had as a kid.

Welcome to the human race...
The Ghostbusters remake... not only does it have the worst marketing of all time, and everyone, and I mean everyone, on the internet slagging it off... and the trailer being THE most slagged off trailer in the history of cinema... the most hated idea in the history of cinema... and the most unnecessary movie, remake or not, in the history of cinema...

It has now hit a new record.

The trailer has hit THE most DISLIKED trailer in the 15 year history of YouTube.

Paul Feeb must retire after this.

My problem is assumption from many people I don't like this because of the female cast.

The fans have been talking about this for many years and by the looks of the trailer we are being completely ignored for the movie Paul wants to make.

It never had to be the original cast (would of been nice) but at least within the same universe. The CGI looks horrific by today's standards. If you are going for a reboot and not part of the original universe then there is zero reason to use CGI only slightly better then the puppets of yesteryear. It looks cheap not nostalgic. I'm sure they didn't have a Star Wars sized budget but still just because you can have a million ghosts doesn't mean you need to. Invest the money in a few good ones.

The original didn't rely on slapstick humor, it closer resembled the humor you see in cartoons, that are shout outs to the adults watching that would go over most kids heads. The trailer is suppose to tease you. This just showed a bunch of forced jokes, with no context or point. "let's go" "oh you're saying it" "oh next time" WTF is the point of that? Why waste seconds of a trailer to "sell" the movie with it?? I know Channings version isn't going ahead but god I wish it was. I believe this will be the next Batman and Robin movie.

I have been waiting decades to see this movie be made, maybe I had unrealistic expectations and that I would never have been satisfied but every bit of information we have from "the big bad" reveal who looks like the logo, the teaser for the trailer sells the movie better then the trailer they released. This is taking a big dump on my expectations. That's why I am disappointed, it has nothing to do with vaginas.
Believe it or not, those of us that are fans of something are never and will never be the main audience the TV writers or film directors are aiming at. Their first priority is to the casual audience; if they alienate them and pander to the fans, they are basically snookered.

Welcome to the human race...
On the other hand, Rodent, consider one of the other posts that Camo made...

Ghostbusters was not a work of art, jesus . I like it a lot but cmon. Stop being ****ing ridiculous.

Never called you or anyone else sexist. But you do seem to spend most of your time in this thread happy that this film is failing (if it even is). I think there are going to be a lot worse films that you won't bat an eyelid at this year, so it does bother me that you are rooting for this to fail so much.
Leaving aside any accusations of sexism, you do seem to be getting way too worked up over this one way or the other, even going so far as to think that the largely negative response to a single trailer (which in itself may be badly-crafted) is a virtual guarantee that the actual film will be a catastrophe. It's gotten to the point where you're all but guaranteed to hate it even if it is made with some degree of competency and quality, and that's why people think you're being ridiculous.

I do think it's a bit sad/pathetic that grown men are getting worked up over a film, just ignore it, no one cares. The original Ghostbusters wasn't that good anyway, and even if you thought it was, people can remake things if they want to. Don't know why you should personally insult them, calling them pr*cks, fat, or whatever, or even just giving them stupid names, it's like a playground mentality. This whole thing seems an unusually odd obsession with a lot of time spent worrying about.

If he wants to obsess about it, let him obsess about it. It would actually be scarier if he was going around acting like this is gonna be the BEST movie ever made, ala WSSlover and her West Side Story thing.

I still say its a stupid idea too make an all female or all male Ghostbusters team. This is 2016 you could have made a team 3 men one women or half and half really. Also another mistake why does the female have to be comedians. You can get actors female to do funny parts who are a serious actor. I wouldnt call Bill Murry just a comedian because he did saturday night live. Bill can play anything really. Mad Dog and Glory is a good example.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
Leaving aside any accusations of sexism, you do seem to be getting way too worked up over this one way or the other, even going so far as to think that the largely negative response to a single trailer (which in itself may be badly-crafted) is a virtual guarantee that the actual film will be a catastrophe. It's gotten to the point where you're all but guaranteed to hate it even if it is made with some degree of competency and quality, and that's why people think you're being ridiculous.

Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
If he wants to obsess about it, let him obsess about it. It would actually be scarier if he was going around acting like this is gonna be the BEST movie ever made, ala WSSlover and her West Side Story thing.
That must be really getting to you.

What I'm about to say does not necessarily pertain to this board. It might apply here. It might only apply to other people. But I'm going to put my thoughts here anyway.

I don't get why a lot of people seem to have a problem getting their heads around the idea that fans just don't take kindly to "their" stuff being changed. It's not a new thing. It's definitely not exclusive to this movie.

Honestly, the director of this thing should know that pretty darn well. The last movie he had a hand in was The Peanuts Movie (as a producer). I can tell you right now the announcement of CGI Peanuts was not met with open arms and optimism. I've seen the designs get insulted literally years before there was any way for the public to have actually seen said designs.

If it's so common for fans to get angry over change then why is this movie in particular getting hit with such an uncommon level of hatred? I don't know. Maybe people are tired of an endless string of unoriginal ideas and this is the straw that broke the camel's back. Maybe it legitimately looks worse than other remakes/reboots/really late sequels. Maybe they messed with something with a big enough fanbase to get a real wave of hatred this time.

Maybe people don't take well to being called misogynist over stupid crud. Maybe people have tried to make the damned thing into some kind of social issue instead of a crummy movie and therefore it's been tossed around a lot for no reason. You never know.

Honestly, the director of this thing should know that pretty darn well. The last movie he had a hand in was The Peanuts Movie (as a producer). I can tell you right now the announcement of CGI Peanuts was not met with open arms and optimism. I've seen the designs get insulted literally years before there was any way for the public to have actually seen said designs.
I don't blame him for losing his rag over some of the comments for this movie though. There has been some very sexist responses to the idea.