Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

I thought the first half of the film was far more interesting and, therefore, far less boring, than the second half.

I like where you have Rope in your ratings, I love that film. One location, go figure. You watched The Birds yet? I am still the odd ball that calls that my favorite Hitchcock

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
I like where you have Rope in your ratings, I love that film. One location, go figure. You watched The Birds yet? I am still the odd ball that calls that my favorite Hitchcock
I've seen a lot of people call The Birds their favorite, actually. I haven't seen it in a long time, but I remember that it was good.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Thor (2011)

This is not a grown up film for grown-ups, and as long as you don't expect it to be, it works pretty well. The fantasy realm of the gods is fairly well realised, although clearly made to impress in 3D on the big screen, it looks a little silly on my small telly, although the whole thing is silly so it fits in well. One thing that looks good on any screen is Tom Hiddleston, he's much more interesting than Thor and his potential love interest Natalie Portman who just looks a bit bored. Better than Iron Man 2 anyway.

(Edit: This got to #13 on the Comic Book Movies list, really?)

I watched Rope in the last six months. I guess I liked it? I can hardly remember it. The Birds on the other hand, I last viewed a couple years ago and I can still recall the scenes. The Birds is a masterpiece of foreboding atmosphere. A psychological thriller. Horror/Slasher fans tend not to like it as they're use to seeing more gore and horror.

KRAMPUS (2015)

The guy who made Trick r' Treat, Michael Dougherty, brings some ole imaginative culture back. The winter legend of Krampus, St. Nicholas' shadow and a darker and more ancient spirit. Not to give gifts but to punish the naughty families and their children. Takes a while to get going, then the creatures finally show up in the last thirty minutes. There's gingerbreadmen, wicked elves, a demented clown, a chucky doll, a chucky teddy bear, and that krampus guy. The inspiration of a pretty cool movie is there. Adam Scott and David Koechner are good.
Honey, i just got my a$$ kicked by a bunch of christmas cookies

Rating:
+ 6.5 / 10

The Snow Beast

The Good Dinosaur -

I liked this, it certainly isn't one of Pixar's stronger efforts but i'd still say their only films i dislike are Brave and Monsters University. My god, this film is unbelievably stunning, honestly i might buy the Blu-Ray for the visuals alone. Both the day and night scenes, the firefly scene, the scene when Arlo and Spot run through the birds, etc, just everything looked amazing.

Personally i thought the weakest part of the film was the first 20 minutes or whatever before Arlo gets lost. I never felt much of a connection between Arlo and his family,
WARNING: "spoiler" spoilers below
also his fathers death scene didn't do much for me it reminded me a lot of Mufasas death in The Lion King except i believed in Simbas connection with him a lot more than i did Arlos and his dads.
. I bought into the bond between Arlo and Spot a lot more, i suppose he forgave him a bit too quickly but it was a very believable and touching friendship. They kind of dropped it when the enemies and the T-Rex's came along which was a bit disappointing, i think that diluted the power of the final scenes for me a bit. Talking about the T-Rex's loved Sam Elliot as Butch, that guy just has the best voice ever. I think the humour was a bit hit and miss at times but i did crack up a few times, "This is dreamcrusher; he protects me from having unrealistic goals."

Anyway good film. I liked it a lot more than i expected to after hearing others thoughts on it.

For the record:

Rear Window

Rope

Dial M for Murder

Psycho

Vertigo

Shadow of a Doubt

Saboteur
Personally, I found Rear Window a bit of a disappointment. I realize it's a classic and appreciate certain aspects of it but overall it failed to engross me as much as some of his other films did. I would rate Vertigo and North by Northwest (two of my favorite Hitchcock films), as well as Psycho, Strangers on a Train, Dial M for Murder and The 39 Steps, above it any day of the week.

Joyride is underrated. It's a great white-knuckle thriller.

Joy Ride is awesome and still one of my favorite movie of all-time.

Personally, I found Rear Window a bit of a disappointment. I realize it's a classic and appreciate certain aspects of it but overall it failed to engross me as much as some of his other films did. I would rate Vertigo and North by Northwest (two of my favorite Hitchcock films), as well as Psycho, Strangers on a Train, Dial M for Murder and The 39 Steps, above it any day of the week.
Same here to all of this.

Finished here. It's been fun.

Green Room

This is how you do an exploitation film. The narrative is fairly simplistic and there are problematic aspects with the writing, but, wow, is this film captivating.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Kameradeschaft - 7/10

I love the message that people shouldn't be divided by lines on the map, as exemplified in the first scene between two small children. Friends one minute, enemies the next minute, with an imaginary line to separate the two, even though they are the same from what we see. We also see how people can easily misinterpret things with nationalism, even if it's incorrect, which just further leads to more division, with some not even knowing how the whole thing started, but it keeps continuing....

In any accident, sometimes the movie will concentrate on the logistics of it, watching guys bang tools repeatedly, without much really happening, but it's still a good movie.

Thanks for the recommendation, Captain!

Ratchet and Clank 8/10

Much nostalgia and bias here though. My favorite game series as a kid and they did it perfectly.

Green Room

This is how you do an exploitation film. The narrative is fairly simplistic and there are problematic aspects with the writing, but, wow, is this film captivating.
Holy crap that looks awesome!

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Road Chip (2015)

I love Alvin and the Chipmunks. It's one of the missing pieces of my childhood. The show that I desperately wanted to watch as a kid but my family didn't have cable. I managed to make up for it years later thanks to the internet and now it's part of my life.

Although I mostly enjoy the 80's TV show, the new live action movies have had a special place in my heart as well. Especially the first one. It was emotional, had great music and it properly rebooted the franchise. It's my favorite christmas movie. Sadly, it's only been downhill from there and finally... we've reached rock bottom.

I've been waiting for the 4th movie for years. When it was initially announced they said it was going to be an adventure in space. That would have been interesting and would have stuck with the original ideology of the cartoons to put the characters in weird situations so of course they've scrapped this idea to give us The Road Chip, which is soulless, vapid and forgettable.

They've also scrapped all the side characters from the previous movies because who cares about consistency, right? This time we got yet another wash-up actor from Arrested Development: Tony Hale as the villain. His acting was pathetic and his role in the film hadn't made a noticeable impact on the story so... yeah... that was pointless.

Remember when AATC was about music? After all the whole premise of the franchise is that the chipmunks are great singers and big stars. The first three movies managed to portray at least this essential part decently. This one, though, lacked in that area tremendously. The songs they picked weren't anywhere near as fun as the ones from the previous movies and the excuses for the characters singing the songs felt forced most of the time.

The sad thing is they clearly knew from the start that they've made a bad movie. They released it at the same time as The Force Awakens. Every sane person would be like: "we can't compete with that, delay the release!" but instead they were like: "oh screw it. It's not like anybody was going to see the film anyway".

Still... I want them to make another chipmunk movie. I don't want the franchise to die again. For me, it's like Coca Cola. I don't drink it every day but I expect it to be there till the day I die and long after that. I just hope against hope that they will put some effort and heart into it next time.

Wish I was Here (2014)