Is "Nightmare Before Christmas" a Halloween or Christmas film?

Tools    

Guy
I saw this being talked about in another thread, and was just wondering. I always thought it's too "halloweeny" to classify it as a christmas film and too "christmasy" to classify it as a halloween film. What do you guys consider it?

I think of it as both, lol

I think of it as more of a Christmas film...I think it was released about Christmas, too. And, of course, the fact that it's a musical makes it much more Christmas-like. It's open to interpretation, but I think Burton saw it as neither...however, if he had to choose one, I think he'd go with Christmas.

i agree it was a christmas film
"Who comes at 12:00 on a Sunday night to rent Butch Cassady and the Sundance Kid?"
-Hollywood Video rental guy to me

I ain't gettin' in no fryer!
Typical Burton movie, leaves you the viewer to decide for yourself.
"I was walking down the street with my friend and he said, "I hear music", as if there is any other way you can take it in. You're not special, that's how I receive it too. I tried to taste it but it did not work." - Mitch Hedberg

TIM BURTON! -humps- NIGHTMARE BEFORE X-MAS IS AN ANYTIME MOVIE! -sings Danny Elfman- OH YEAH...DANNY ELFMAN = GODLY!

In my opinion, I see it more as a Halloween movie than a Christmas one. I guess 'cause I'm used to the Christmas films being more cheery and not quite as "spooky." Heh heh. Whichever it is, it's a good movie.

its a dark chrismas move, its from the other side of the tree, if ya know what i mean.

Originally posted by mecurdius
its a dark chrismas move, its from the other side of the tree, if ya know what i mean.
Hey, I like that. Very clever. Everything Burton does is on the "other side of the tree" as well.

I dont think Burton knows what he's doing. WTF is that woman he's with Lisa Marie think she's doing? Has he hypnotized her or something. I can't see someone like her going for someone like him, but I guess thats just me.

She's obviously attracted to his creativity and intellect. Just because he isn't good looking doesn't mean he can't attract someone as beautiful as her. Looks aren't everything.

Quoting Jim Carrey from Liar Liar -

Max - "My teacher says that real beauty is on the inside"
Fletcher - "that's just something ugly people say"

LOL! Very good, but, easy to say when you're sitting behind a computer screen, Quasimodo (jk)!

When someone mentions "Christmas movies" I think of A Christmas Story or Its a Wonderful Life.
Movies you'd have to be lupid to enjoy outside of Christmas.
When Halloween movies are mentioned I think
"What the hell is a halloween movie?"
Nightmare is always a great movie no matter when its watched.
It needs not Christmas spirit to amplify its message or mood.

Originally posted by ggfletch
LOL! Very good, but, easy to say when you're sitting behind a computer screen, Quasimodo (jk)!
I mean I'm not tryin to poke fun at the fact that Burton has this gorgeous woman and he looks like someone that would go for...Rose McGowan. It just seemed funny to me, but if they are happy and what not then more power to em. Just seemed odd to me.