Aphex's top 100

→ in
Tools    

I figured this would be a good way to give people here a better idea of what kind of movies I like. Please feel free to comment and give recommendations as well, if you want. That would be great.

Seven Samurai (1954)
Directed by Akira Kurosawa

I love the character development in this movie. A true masterpiece and it is mind-blowing to think that this film was made 60 years ago. I also love the closing line.

"We've lost yet again. With their land, the farmers are the victors... not us."

I haven't seen Seven Samurai and that's an area of cinema that I'm not very familiar with, which is a shame; I'd like to see more of it. I'd recommend the series Shogun which starred Toshiro Mifune.

I haven't seen Seven Samurai and that's an area of cinema that I'm not very familiar with, which is a shame; I'd like to see more of it. I'd recommend the series Shogun which starred Toshiro Mifune.
I have never heard of that series before. I'll check it out sometime later. Thanks for recommendation

99 Le Trou (1960)
Directed by Jacques Becker

This film tells the story of four prisoners in a cell who start digging a tunnel so that they can make an escape. While they're still working on it, a new convict is put into their cell and so is automatically in on the plan. But of course, they don't trust him. I really enjoyed this one and enjoyed seeing how the whole thing played out. I would highly recommend this film to anyone who is into drama or French cinema.

I have never heard of that series before. I'll check it out sometime later. Thanks for recommendation
You're welcome mate. It's a brilliant series – I was thinking about it recently because of the earthquakes in Japan.

Seven Samurai is a great way to start this list, haven't seen Le Trou though. Looking forward to the rest!

Thank you for the feedback everybody. I am tired and will continue with this tomorrow.

98 Koyaanisqatsi (1982)
Directed by Godfrey Reggio

Sure, there are no characters, no plot and no dialogue. The main focus is nature and mankind. The stunning cinematography and the music is what makes this film stand out to me.

Seven Samurai is too low, but hey, at least you have it on your list. Le Trou is pretty great too.

Haven't seen the one I can't pronounce.

Looking forward to the rest

97 Four Lions (2010)
Directed by Christopher Morris

This movie had me laughing so hard I was crying. Easily my favourite film from 2010.

Sorry this list is going much slower than I had planned. It's been a busy week for me.

96 Shadows (1959)
Directed by John Cassavetes

Cassavetes is one of my favourite directors. The film explores interracial relationships in the 50's in New York.