Would anyone be down for a Jazz Song Tournament?

Tools    

That's pushing it for me. I'll pass.

I will be down for another rap tournament, though
“Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are, it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!” ~ Rocky Balboa

I will be down for another rap tournament, though
Hmmm. I hosted the first Rap Song Tournament and really enjoyed doing it.

Hmmm. I hosted the first Rap Song Tournament and really enjoyed doing it.
Time for you to start a Part 2
Before I do anything from now on, I need to be sure people wanna do it... and I really wanna run it.

Before I do anything from now on, I need to be sure people wanna do it... and I really wanna run it.
Well, you got your first player. The rest will come.
Go for it

Master of My Domain
I'm in. You're gonna allow acid jazz and jazz fusion, etc. right?

By the way, if anyone else wants to host, feel free to get going. I'm not sure I want to, and if I do, I want to make sure there are enough people.

I made the thread because I'm quickly becoming a jazz nut, and want to be exposed to stuff I haven't heard of before via tournament. In other words, I'm keen on participating, not so keen on hosting, but I realize I may have to to get it going.

Go for it, I was just thinkin' about whether or not people would be up for a Rap Tournament.

As far as Jazz is concerned, I'd be on board... if only I listened to more of it and had any actual serious songs to contribute.

I'm down. These tournaments seem like fun but none of the current ones really interest me. A jazz tournament sounds great.

I'm not much of a fan but I was surprised when I watched Treme that I liked the music in that series, but I guess that's a very specific type of jazz - ie New Orleans. I can't stand that stuff that goes noodling on for ages tho. I'd have a listen to other peoples nominations but prob wouldn't enter.