Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Maybe I'm going nuts because this is the 5th movie I've rated this high out of 9 movies seen this month. I was not even expecting to like this one hardly at all.
I think this when I see a bunch of movies I love close together, or if I see a bunch I hate for that matter. Then I see something that brings me back to earth. That being said. You have An Affair To Remember waaaay too high.

I think this when I see a bunch of movies I love close together, or if I see a bunch I hate for that matter. Then I see something that brings me back to earth. That being said. You have An Affair To Remember waaaay too high.
I give a lot of credit to anything that makes me cry.

Me and Cobpyth were talking just a couple of days ago about watching that film, I can't wait to get to it when I eventually do. I'm 99% sure I'm going to love it.

Me and Cobpyth were talking just a couple of days ago about watching that film, I can't wait to get to it when I eventually do. I'm 99% sure I'm going to love it.
Starz On Demand if you have it.

Hardcore Henry (2016)

I can understand a lot of people not liking this movie, but as a huge FPS videogame fan as well as an action junkie, I loved it. The story, acting (there wasn't really much of it) and dialogue may not have been top-notch, but the action is absolutely unreal. Besides the first 5 minutes of the movie, it's pretty much non-stop shooting, fighting, explosions, stunts, parkour etc. the whole through with only a handful of few-minute breaks in between. I appreciated the unique first person approach to it that really did make it feel like a videogame. If anyone reading this is a huge fan of action, you can't pass this up!

Sicario (2015)

Have been wanting to see this for awhile now, especially hearing that this was done by the director of Prisoners, one of my favorite thrillers. Overall a strong movie with a very good look and feel. The acting was so-so with no one really standing out, and there were a couple of slow parts but those are only minor complaints. Definitely worth checking out.

Ghost in the Shell: The New Movie 4.5/5. An overall great film. The animation is great, the story is really well done as well, and the characters are just as good as they've always been. It's a police drama using Anime style done right. I can't say it's a perfect film because the are either only in the movie or introduced here could have used a little more time for development and the two main villains kind of go down too easy, but the rest of the film was fantastic and worth the watch for anyone new or old.

Gangster Rap is Shakespeare for the Future
An Affair to Remember (1957)

Maybe I'm going nuts because this is the 5th movie I've rated this high out of 9 movies seen this month. I was not even expecting to like this one hardly at all. Nickie (Cary Grant) and Terry (Deborah Kerr) meet on a cruise and fall in love. The only catch is that they're both already in serious relationships, so they agree to sort out their lives and meet 6 months later at the top of the Empire State Building. This movie reminded me of Before Sunrise, which is a movie I'm not a fan of. I cried so many times that it'd be easy to forget about all of the humor in the first half. Outstanding musically and visually, I thought this movie was beautiful and heartbreaking. Grant and Kerr were fantastic. I think I'll go chug a beer right now.
You're not going nuts, it's just one of the greatest American movies.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
An Affair to Remember (1957)

Maybe I'm going nuts because this is the 5th movie I've rated this high out of 9 movies seen this month. I was not even expecting to like this one hardly at all. Nickie (Cary Grant) and Terry (Deborah Kerr) meet on a cruise and fall in love. The only catch is that they're both already in serious relationships, so they agree to sort out their lives and meet 6 months later at the top of the Empire State Building. This movie reminded me of Before Sunrise, which is a movie I'm not a fan of. I cried so many times that it'd be easy to forget about all of the humor in the first half. Outstanding musically and visually, I thought this movie was beautiful and heartbreaking. Grant and Kerr were fantastic. I think I'll go chug a beer right now.
An Affair to Remember is one of my all-time favorite movies. I cry my eyes out every time I watch it. I'm glad you liked it so much.

I'm surprised that you liked it so much! When I seen you post in Movies You're Watching Tonight, I almost made a joke that you would hate this. GBG is going to be thrilled that you love this film. Now you have to see the original 1939 version Love Affair.
Love Affair. was good, but it's not as good as An Affair to Remember. It's worth watching, but don't set your expectations too high. This is one case where the remake is better than the original version.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
SubUrbia - 7/10
Very good movie. The genre I like; one that deals with people and life. Great dialogue too.

I saw this movie at least 20 years ago in my room, and remember liking it then, and I really liked it now. Just wish it wasn't censored on TV with commercials.

The Hitch-Hiker (1953)

From the top 100 Noirs list, a murderous hitchhiker terrorizes a couple of fishing buddies who were kind enough to give him a lift. Only 70 minutes long, and right to the point, it's a good, easy watch with a solid villain. It probably would have been more effective for me if The Hitcher, one of my favorites, didn't exist

Care for some gopher?
All rewatches:

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest
(Milos Forman, 1975) -

Mulan
(Tony Bancroft/Barry Cook, 1998) -
+

Stranger Than Fiction (Marc Forster, 2006) -

Women will be your undoing, Pépé

Attack! (1956)
Directed by Robert Aldrich who would go on to do The Dirty Dozen, this is a very solid gritty war movie that doesn't pull any punches centering around a cowardly CO played with perfection by Eddie Albert who continually leaves men to die in the field rather than act. There's a excellent cast including Jack Palance as a Lieutenant under Albert's command and Lee Marvin as a Colonel who tries to look the other way. The supporting actors are great as well; including Buddy Ebsen, Robert Straus and Richard Jaeckel.
Stumbled across this on youtube and damn happy I did.

Victor Frankenstein
Visually, pretty impressive flick. Chuckled a lot over McAvoy's overacting, but, to be honest, I kinda enjoyed it. May watch it again sometime, though in no rush to.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Body Snatchers
+
An excellent treat for fans of Carpenter and Cronenberg. Of all the versions of the "Body Snatchers" premise, this has to be the eeriest and most unsettling. One of Ferrara's best.

Sawdust and Tinsel

Fifteenth Bergman film, definitely ranks somewhere towards the top for me. Would love to revisit this some time in the future.

Blade Runner*
+
My favorite film. I have never seen a film that better utilizes all the elements of cinema more effectively. This is a treat for the eyes, ears and soul.

Taste of Cherry

It's good.

Batman V. Superman
-
It's great to see a Batman movie with an interesting visual style and great fight choreography. Immeasurably more enjoyable than the Nolan flicks.

Valerie and her week of Wonders*

So glad I revisited this one. This has to be one of the great surrealist films. It captures the feeling of living inside a dreamlike world in a way that I've never seen done before. A dark, twisted fairytale.