Star Wars: Rogue One (the first Star Wars Spin-off)

→ in
Tools    

There likely saving Vader for The Big Trailer not some little teaser. Im certain I heard that he had more then just a cameo because he was after leia for having the plans. Vader even mentions the Rebels Spies which is likely this Unit.

Greatest reviewer alive
There likely saving Vader for The Big Trailer not some little teaser. Im certain I heard that he had more then just a cameo because he was after leia for having the plans. Vader even mentions the Rebels Spies which is likely this Unit.
I'm sure it'll be Vader's breathing that will be revealed in the final seconds of the next trailer. I hope they don't show him. Actually, just forget it, I'm not watching anymore coverage of it. Going in blind

The trailer looks very exciting and fresh. But like some others, I'm dissapointed slightly of the lack of grit to it. I thought this was meant to be the space equivalent of Black Hawk Down, Zero Dark Thirty, etc. I didn't get that whatsoever with this trailer.

All I know is this is finally a prequel I can get excited about!
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Please hold your applause till after the me.
Come on, that's a bit harsh. I mean the original trillogy was a bit unrealistic, with some annoying comic relief and a stupid walking carpet that growled for dialogue, but they weren't that bad. At least they had half decent acting and for the most part a plausible plot.

Also, The Force Awakens was not gritty at all. In fact it was a little too glamorous. I mean did you see what they passed off as "torture?" Rogue One doesn't look gritty either. They are high production family friendly movies that people take their kids to. If you think that's gritty then you haven't seen anything yet.

Haven't you seen Terminator, Alien, Predator, The Exorcist, 8mm? Those movies are a little gritty.
You got me wrong, I love the originals, and I think that the Force Awakens is a great film, I think it stands among the originals.

I like the idea of this film but was hoping for more grit/adult in tone, though that was wishful thinking its a Disney film after all. The trailer looks good and I will be there opening day. However the concerts I have are as follows:

1 - It's a prequel so we all know the end game of the Death Star been blown up so it takes away a lot of the drama, granted we don't know what will happen to the characters.

2 - I wanted a full on adult war movie with proper war zones and lots of death to make it different and show why we really do hate the Empire. I'm thinking Band of Brothers tone.

3 - I don't want to see any Jedi or Sith, have it set in the Star Wars universe with normal people and aliens to make it familiar but then different without the Force.

4 - Do we really need to see how the Rebels got the Death Star plans? It was always great that A New Hope starts right in the middle of the story and you used your imagination to fill in the blanks. Is there going to be much story other than, Rebels are aware of a new weapon so send in this group to get the plans, they fight some cool looking Empire bad guys (to help sell toys), some of them are killed and the Death Star plans get handed over to Leia, the end.

I sound very down on this movie as it looks good but i don;t want it to be a wasted opportunity to just get a film and toys out there. I want a great story that is fresh and about things we haven't yet seen in the Star Wars universe.

Come on, that's a bit harsh. I mean the original trillogy was a bit unrealistic, with some annoying comic relief and a stupid walking carpet that growled for dialogue, but they weren't that bad. At least they had half decent acting and for the most part a plausible plot.

Also, The Force Awakens was not gritty at all. In fact it was a little too glamorous. I mean did you see what they passed off as "torture?" Rogue One doesn't look gritty either. They are high production family friendly movies that people take their kids to. If you think that's gritty then you haven't seen anything yet.

Haven't you seen Terminator, Alien, Predator, The Exorcist, 8mm? Those movies are a little gritty.
You got me wrong, I love the originals, and I think that the Force Awakens is a great film, I think it stands among the originals.
I didn't missunderstand you, I was just being sarcastic. While I love the original trillogy, I wouldn't say they're great movies. The par for excellence is very high. I would say The Force Awakens was pretty bad though, in terms of quality. But I did enjoy it. It was entertaining, but there were a lot of facepalm moments. The plot from the original was ripped off, the acting was garbage except for the lead, and a lot of the content was really stupid. Han Solo stood around in the middle of a battlefield without being careful or remotely scared, and was somehow invulnerable. Twice people bled from blaster shots. The stormtrooper and the girl could sword fight with no explanation. And a Sith lost to an amatuer. It was a really stupid movie, but still entertaining. I hope Rogue One is better, but I don't really care that much. Hollywood blockbusters are just marketing scams. They are not good movies.

People go too films and critique films more then going to cinemas to have fun for escaping there real lives. Movies r for enjoyment. People compare any sw film too much to the original saga. Yes episode 7 is familure but its also new and if ask me rogue one I just the beginning of great solo films. Episodes 8_12 will tell what the whole saga will be but the solo films will be the true fan tributes to a new hope so long ago.

Well they should bring back Boba Fett in this movie and thats all there is to that! The Fett aint dead! Hes tunneled a home for himself in that big worms stomach in episode VI. Boba will be back!!! Boba aint dead

People go too films and critique films more then going to cinemas to have fun for escaping there real lives. Movies r for enjoyment.
I would have enjoyed it more if it had been better.

Well they should bring back Boba Fett in this movie and thats all there is to that! The Fett aint dead! Hes tunneled a home for himself in that big worms stomach in episode VI. Boba will be back!!! Boba aint dead
I hope not. They will just botch Fett.

Boba Fett is my favorite Star Wars character, and if they make a Boba Fett movie I will not watch it.

Boba Fett cannot be botched up because most likely we will see him not become the Helmet Wearing Mandelorian Bad Ass until middle or end of his origin film. Boba like all Bounty Hunters will likely be given a vehicle in proving that they are not evil nor good but the grey area in the Galaxy. My guess is The Empire is just as much an employer as The Hutts or whomever Hiring Bounty Hunters. You see this as a doomed idea but Han Solo and Boba Fett give us a key look into the world Of The Bounty Hunters and what Role they played in the history when there was an Empire. In many ways Boba could be liked more then just the dude in the helmet who got knocked into the Sarlacc Pit.

Save the Texas Prairie Chicken
Whether people care or not (I am going to assume "not" ), I have changed my opinion about this trailer since I first watched it.

I have honestly watched it a few times since then - just to analyze it a bit more.

I do have some speculations about it, but I don't like to speculate too much only because I did that with "The Force Awakens", and I was basically right about most of it. That ended up not making the film a little more enjoyable because when you end up correct about a prediction, that is almost like a spoiler. And I am not a fan of those. So, I will maybe give in and watch the official trailer when it is released, or maybe, just maybe, I will wait for the movie to come out. That was my initial plan with "The Force Awakens", but I wasn't faithful to that idea. So, I think I will try to accomplish this with the other Star Wars films that come out from now on.

Anyway, what was some of what contributed to the changing of my mind? If you watch the trailer, it is the shot at 1:18 (yeah, it took me like 3 watches before I noticed it ) and it is the music at the end of the trailer. I know that part of that music is in the beginning of it, of course. But it is the music that is with it at the end (that took me about 6 watches before I noticed that). I will just say that I loved the combination of the two pieces.

So, yes, I have opened up my mind to this movie now.

I just read over on yahoo that vader is in Rogue One and Not Played by hayden but a brittish stunt person but he will ofcourse be voiced by James Earle Jones.

Premise is a bit stupid. Obtaining the Death Star plans? They don't have to make them canon but the EU had tons of ideas they could've at least adapted.

Also hope the acting is better than VII, but I'm not holding my breath.

This Movie seems inspired by Battlefront Games since Vaders role has been said would be expanded. The Movie in theory was gonna be Rogue Squadron but that changed from the X-Wing Fighting Unit to what we got now.

I just read over on yahoo that vader is in Rogue One and Not Played by hayden but a brittish stunt person but he will ofcourse be voiced by James Earle Jones.
With the way Star Wars has been desperately trying to appeal to the PC generation I was expecting them to replace Vader with a fat black lesbian.

Welcome to the human race...
With the way Star Wars has been desperately trying to appeal to the PC generation I was expecting them to replace Vader with a fat black lesbian.

You can breathe a deep, assisted breath of relief: James Earl Jones will voice Darth Vader once again in Rogue One: A Star Wars Story. The character (and actor)'s return to live action comes after several appearances on the animated series Star Wars Rebels in the emotional second season from 2015-2016.

Darth Vader was largely assumed, but only officially confirmed as appearing in Rogue One yesterday. The Sith Lord kind of has to be involved when you look at the storyline, the timeframe, and the mission involved: This movie takes place shortly before the events of the original Star Wars, now known as Episode IV - A New Hope, when the still-nascent Rebel Alliance sets out to steal the plans to the Death Star, the Empire's terrifying new weapon. It's the first of the new stand alone films, those that aren't being given an Episode number. The Episodic "saga" films will continue to focus on the story of the Skywalker family, while the stand alone films will cover other characters and eras from throughout Star Wars history.
Jones was confirmed in an interview between Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and EW, where it was also revealed he'll only be in the film for a small amount of time.

"He will be in the movie sparingly," Kennedy warned excited fans, "But at a key, strategic moment, he's going to loom large."

It's somewhat natural - just as much as Vader needs to be present at some point in the film, he could also be considerably overpowering, especially when you don't have a Jedi to balance him out.
comicbook dot com/starwars/2016/06/23/james-earl-jones-confirmed-as-voice-of-darth-vader-in-rogue-one-