Actors that instantly turn you off a film

Tools    

Philip Seymour Hoffman, I really can't stand the guy, there are movies that I don't watch only because he's in them and there are movies that I should love that I only like because he's in them (Boogie Nights, The Master, 25th Hour). I do love Magnolia, The Big Lebowski and Almost Famous, but I'm sure I'd love these film a lot more if it wasn't for him. (I don't have any good reasons or arguments as to why he's a bad actor I just personally can't stand him)

Another one is Michael Lonsdale, in Munich (which is a movie I enjoyed a lot) he wasn't good, but not horrible. However in the movie Agora by Alejandro Amenabar that I loved he was so bad that every scene he was in (thank god there were few) became almost laughable. (I didn't mind him in movies when he was young (The Phantom of Liberty, Stolen Kisses, etc.).

I'm not the biggest Joaquin Phoenix, Russell Crowe, Johnny Depp and Mel Gibson fan, but they don't bother me as much as Seymour Hoffman, I won't avoid movies that interest me because they're in them.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
Speaking of Hoffman, I can't stand Catherine Keener. She's not even a convincing malcontent. I put in Synechdode, New York, and after PSH apologized three times in a sentence to such a mean woman, I had to turn it off. I can't stand wimps, unless there's something virtuous about it.

This woman is worse than Donald Trump.. Making a mockery out of our mockery system. She makes 40 million dollars a year..
"May the worst man lose!"

I don't really think I have any actors that instantly turn me off movies - but with that said I'm a bit unsure about watching Snow white and the Huntsman because of Kristen Stewart playing the lead.

I don't really think I have any actors that instantly turn me off movies - but with that said I'm a bit unsure about watching Snow white and the Huntsman because of Kristen Stewart playing the lead.
I suppose it's arguable how suitable she was for that film but I could say the same about Charlize Theron to be honest. I watched a lot of it because I was amused by who the actors were playing the seven dwarfs.

I suppose it's arguable how suitable she was for that film but I could say the same about Charlize Theron to be honest. I watched a lot of it because I was amused by who the actors were playing the seven dwarfs.
I've got it on blu-ray for a long time now, and still haven't watched it.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
I don't think I ever saw Gloria DeHaven in a movie, but when I saw her in a Johnny Carson re-run earlier, I think I would be turned off by her personality, or lack of it.

I would never watch a movie with "Amy Schumer" (cousins with long-time Senator Chuck, but nepotism doesn't exist) in it - but anytime I hear her open her mouth, my lord and savior prays for nuclear holocaust so he can come back to Earth and correct the ills of society.

Justin Timberlake

Jeremy Renner would have been one, but I must say that I warmed to him with what I saw of Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters last night. I didn't understand the need for all the swearing, though, as it didn't make it any funnier. Two other things: Gemma Arterton looked fantastic, and I liked the Troll.

Jeremy Renner would have been one, but I must say that I warmed to him with what I saw of Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters last night. I didn't understand the need for all the swearing, though, as it didn't make it any funnier. Two other things: Gemma Arterton looked fantastic, and I liked the Troll.
I didn't like Renner cast as Hawkeye. Hawkeye's always been a rebel and it seemed someone cockier with more of a wiseguy attitude would've been better. Renner seems pretty much flat in the role. (Plus, although friends, Hawkeye and Cap have been at odds in the comics since the beginning - this was never touched upon in the Avengers movies.)

I didn't like Renner cast as Hawkeye. Hawkeye's always been a rebel and it seemed someone cockier with more of a wiseguy attitude would've been better. Renner seems pretty much flat in the role. (Plus, although friends, Hawkeye and Cap have been at odds in the comics since the beginning - this was never touched upon in the Avengers movies.)
Oh, right – a bit like Cyclops and Wolverine then? Out of all of those Avengers films I've only seen Iron Man to date. I'm way behind – but not eager to change that.

Julianne Moore

Keanu Reeves

John Cusack

Any music star.

Adam Sandler & Mike Myers. I lump them together cause I feel they can make a comeback

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
This woman is worse than Donald Trump.. Making a mockery out of our mockery system. She makes 40 million dollars a year..
"May the worst man lose!"
Are you kidding me? Trump is a sexist, egotistical, lying hypocritical bigot.