What Are You Reading Right Now?

Tools    

Newspaper, Novel, Comics, Screenplay, or whatever.

Im reading light. Binging on Garth Ennis's comic series - The Boys.

Just finished issue #2 Dont think itll turn into brain dead drivel like Preacher did.

Reading a few things at the moment.

Great book, but it'll take a few re-reads to get my poor head around it.

Love King's writing.

Confession: I am a dedicated bibliophile.

Grimm Fairy Tales comics. The writing is sub-par at best, but I've been re-reading the series for over a week now so I can't very well stop now till I catch up with the latest books in the series.

I've also gained a habit of watching movies featuring similar stories from the books (watching them while reading the books at the same time is no easy task, but it's given me an immersive experience... of sorts), hence why I've been watching 'fairy tale' movies over the past few days, including Sleeping Hollow and The Wild Hunt.

Coming up in my reading is "Madness of Wonderland" in the 'Wonderland' spin-off series of the franchise, a spin-off that's relatively much more well-written than the main series sometimes, if only because Wonderland has such a rich lore to borrow from.

After that, it's the sequel to The Jungle Book spin-off series, "Last of the Species".

Currently reading Tolkien: An Illustrated Atlas.

It's got an awesome cover:

Newspaper, Novel, Comics, Screenplay, or whatever.

Im reading light. Binging on Garth Ennis's comic series - The Boys.

Just finished issue #2 Dont think itll turn into brain dead drivel like Preacher did.

I've just finished reading An Event in Autumn by Henning Mankell, the only Wallander story I hadn't read. It was nice dipping back into that world again.

Screw "The Boys", Im gonna read a real book. Reading jockey hall of famer Jerry Baileys autobiography.

The hell these jockies go thru now is surprising, but what they used to have to go thru is outright shocking.

Currently sorting through the Grimm Fairy Tales "Unleashed" mini-series (filled with werewolves, zombies, demons, and vampires, *wink-wink*) when I stumbled upon this cool little cover-art:

So cool, especially just after watching the retro 'White Zombie'.

Nabakov-invitation to a Beheading

Been trying to find this for YEARS. Never have read them, but heard its top tier stuff.

Please Quote/Tag Or I'll Miss Your Responses
1001 Movies That Will Change Your Life

I've been reading while I wait at the dentist's. I always forget to bring it inside so I can write down movies I wanna see next... Tomorrow

Would anyone be interested in a cinema book-exchange? If you read a book, you can trade it to someone who wants it, and they do the same, so everyone is reading a new book instead having it collect dust after reading it the first time and depriving some other people who might be interested in your kinda stuff.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?

First one is an Omnibus edition of a Manga, the second is a graphic novel that's pretty much self explanatory.

There Are No Accidents: Synchronicity and the Stories of Our Lives by Robert H. Hopke (1998)

and...

I'm lovin' these Marvel Epic Collections: large numbers of issues in each collection, full color, flat (non-glossy) paper, paperbacks of comfortable size (good for reading in bed), reasonable prices. My one gripe is they are not releasing the volumes chronologically - I'm only interested in the Silver & Bronze Age stuff I missed as a kid.

I'm lovin' these Marvel Epic Collections: large numbers of issues in each collection, full color, flat (non-glossy) paper, paperbacks of comfortable size (good for reading in bed), reasonable prices. My one gripe is they are not releasing the volumes chronologically - I'm only interested in the Silver & Bronze Age stuff I missed as a kid.
I ADORE comic book TPBs. Im an old school comic collector, but nothing can beat the convenience of reading a huge story arc stright thru.

I ADORE comic book TPBs. Im an old school comic collector, but nothing can beat the convenience of reading a huge story arc stright thru.
Have you seen any of the "Epic Collections," Tongo?

Have you seen any of the "Epic Collections," Tongo?
I have, but I thought they released all these years ago too. The epic collections are reprints of all the silver age stuff though, right?

Dude go to a comic dealer and look in a bin of old TPBs, and I bet youll find what youre looking for.

I have, but I thought they released all these years ago too. The epic collections are reprints of all the silver age stuff though, right?

Dude go to a comic dealer and look in a bin of old TPBs, and I bet youll find what youre looking for.
Well, the Epic Collections are fairly new (within the last few years), but what they're intended to do is ultimately reprint certain titles in their entirety.

The big difference from former affordable reprints like the "Essentials" (which were all in black & white) is these are in full color.
Before this, many comprehensive collections of major titles in full color (from both Marvel & DC) were often collected in hard cover versions and they cost a fortune (such as the DC's "Archive" editions or the "Marvel Masterworks" series. Or the "Omnibus" editions - which cost into the hundreds of dollars and are not "light" reading as they are these huge books - so big you pretty much have to read them on a table.)

But the weird thing is Marvel is not releasing the Epic Collection volumes in order - for instance they've released Fantastic Four volume 1, collecting the first 18 issues of FF starting in 1961. And they've released volumes 17, 20 & 25!
But they haven't released volume 2 - and to make matters worse, no one knows when they might (or if they ever will). Personally, I don't want reprints from the 1990's (I pretty much had most of those when they came out and it's an era I'd rather not revisit), but I do want to read the stuff that came out before I started collecting. So I wish they'd release them chronologically.

Some of their releases seemed timed to movie events - for instance they released an Ant Man Epic edition when that movie came out, and they released an Avengers Epic Collection Vol. 4 "Behold the Vision" (the volume that covers the creation of Ultron & the Vision) when Avengers Age of Ultron came out.

I'm reading a few things right now. I don't usually mention them until I've finished them but I've been anticipating reading this one for a while now so I guess I feel I should mark the occasion: