The Resident Bitch's Movie Log

→ in
Tools    

Master of My Domain
And yeah, I was very disappointed by the lack of a short.
I thought only the Pixar films had a short attached?

And yeah, I was very disappointed by the lack of a short.
I thought only the Pixar films had a short attached?
No. Wreck-It Ralph is Disney and Paperman played before it. They don't do it every time like Pixar does, but they've done it before.

Master of My Domain
No. Wreck-It Ralph is Disney and Paperman played before it. They don't do it every time like Pixar does, but they've done it before.
Ah, now I remember. Paperman was great, and the actual film was even better.

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
Disappointed to hear there's no short. Always enjoy those.

And yeah Disney have been including shorts with a number of their recent films I'm sure. As MV said there was that great Paperman short with Wreck-it Ralph. Big Hero 6 came with Feast about the little dog. And then I also remember an old-school Mickey Mouse short with another film; Frozen maybe?

Looking forward to Zootopia. I remember when it was just announced people were saying it would be Disney back to their awful Chicken Little days, seems like it has gotten great response so far though. Of Disney's New Renaissance or whatever it is called my favourite is actually Bolt and i don't even like that as much as most of Pixars weakest so i'm still waiting for Disney to genuinely impress me as an adult.

Sorry for the delay, I've not been feeling well lately and until today I hadn't watched anything since Zootopia. Still not feeling 100%, so apologies in advance if this review sucks.

Wreck-It Ralph (Rich Moore, 2012)
Imdb

Date Watched: 03/21/16
Cinema or Home: Work, on my portable DVD player
Reason For Watching: I have a lot of down time at work this week because the boss is out of town, so I needed something to pass the time.
Rewatch: Yes

Wreck-It Ralph is easily my favorite modern (non-Pixar) Disney film. Full of endearing characters, creative sight gags, and in-jokes, it is endlessly entertaining. The writers and animators did a phenomenal job of building arcade game worlds that have a definite sense of familiarity so that - even though these games and characters exist only in this film - you feel as though you may have spent some of your own quarters on them at the local arcade.

The world of Sugar Rush is particularly impressive, with its bright, eye-popping colors, awesome little details (s'mores torches, donut cops, Nesquik sand, etc.), and exciting racing sequences. I always feel like this would make a for a great actual game that I would love to play. (Sadly, the Wreck-It Ralph game for home consoles is some stupid story game and does not allow you to play the games depicted in the film.)

Like most family films, Wreck-It Ralph carries a message. It's a story that addresses the true meaning of friendship, heroism, and of rising above labels and stereotypes and finding your true self. Unlike some family films, it never comes across to me as preachy or corny. Sure there are some very heart-wrenching and sentimental scenes that leave me misty-eyed every time, but the emotions feel very genuine and not at all forced. This is a movie that never fails to put a smile on my face or to warm my cold, bitchy heart.

I have to return some videotapes...
Liked Wreck It Ralph and especially all the emotional scenes towards the end really got to me.

Wreck It Ralph is great . Top five Disney for me i think and the best of this Century.
Holy DAMN, what am I missing?

Master of My Domain
The moment I realized I was going to love this film was when I arrived at the scene where Ralph and other classic arcade villains gathered in a room for their "Bad-Anon". I really needed something like that in my life.

Welcome to the human race...
Holy DAMN, what am I missing?
One of those rare movies that Miss Vicky and I agree on (though I'd still give it a
myself), so you know it's good. I can't even think of any other modern non-Pixar Disney films that stand out in the same way.

One of the greatest things about it is...

WARNING: "Wreck-It Ralph" spoilers below
...the reveal that King Candy is actually Turbo in disguise. Given the foreshadowing behind the in-universe slang "going Turbo" and the fact that the film takes the time to explain the origin of the word with a flashback to Turbo's start of darkness, the fact that the reveal is still timed in such a perfect way as to take you by surprise is quite the remarkable feat.

One of those rare movies that Miss Vicky and I agree on (though I'd still give it a
myself), so you know it's good. I can't even think of any other modern non-Pixar Disney films that stand out in the same way.
HMMMMM...

Iro and Vicky agree on, that Wreck it Ralph is a good movie, so we know it's good.

Lol

Well, we know those two have highly developed taste and a great appreciation for art.

#TarkovskyBegmanGodard

I only defended Kung Fury from your harsh criticism. I never said it was a great movie, or art, or anything like that. But that's beside the point. My oppinion of Kung Fury is not something I've explained to you that you would have any clue about what I think of it, other than that I think what you think of it is absurd.

"Slander" was a colorful word though.

Welcome to the human race...
Fair point regarding Kung Fury, but it's not like you're making a much better or different point by sarcastically maligning my taste and capacity for appreciating cinema purely because I happen to agree with Miss Vicky on a single family film.

Frankly, neither of you often agree with me about film, so the taste of both of you is questionable at best.