Rate The Last Movie You Saw

Tools    

Care for some gopher?
Monsters (Gareth Edwards, 2010) -
+

I started watching a serie on Netflix called Sense 8 : it is so original and well produced, however a lil bit slow--> 7/10

I m in love with the last season of "The 100", my favorite serie --->>> 8.5/10

Max-

It's a cute dog movie. It's fine and dandy for what it is until some studio executive decided that it wasn't dramatic enough, so they add in a Mexican weapons dealer gang out of absolutely nowhere to become third act villains. It's cute, and Thomas Hayden Church gives one of his better performances. Worth a watch on HBO if you're into cute dog movies.

Chungking Express

It was hokey; but I couldnt help being hypnotized by its cinematography and polish, sort of like watching a Capra film which is funny since Kar-Wai were ostensibly going for Godard, and in comparison to Tarantino, he succeeded. The ingenuity you find in French New Wave films is missing, but it's Altman-esque design throws a curveball at you everytime.

Did anyone else get Blade Runner vibes from this?

I have to return some videotapes...
Man of Steel (2013) -
++

Terrible.

Secret in their Eyes

Nice actors.Nicole Kidman for one.
Too much going on at the same time.

Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy (2011)

A bloated and tedious literary adaptation with the most British casting of all time. It certainly looks the part, but not even Gary Oldman can find a pulse.

http://boxd.it/91VJP

I never could see the point in watching the Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy movie after having seen the original British series. So I just didn't watch it, and probably never will.

Demon City Shinjuku is great!

Greatest reviewer alive
Waltz With Bashir

I watched this film 7 years ago, but of course I was 14 and the complexities of the story I couldn't yet jibe with. 2nd viewing today 7 years later and I'm blown away, I'm watching it again tonight. The way this documentary/story(?) ebbs and flows for a tight 90 minutes is exceptional. To the animation which details each of the veterans war stories (including the director's) better than traditional filmmaking could've ever achieved, to the score which gave every shot a beautiful, mood-setting sound, even when the visuals reflected otherwise with atrocities of what came with invading Lebanon, Beirut however many years ago. Beautiful work of art this is. RECOMMENDED

I Dream of Wires (Robert Fantinatto, 2014) -

This is kind of what I wanted the doc Moog to be like. I think a good doc is informative, but a really good one is inspiring on some level. This was both. It was cool seeing musicians I admire, like Richard Devine and Clark, come up on screen to talk, as well as referencing the greats of the past - someone like Keith Emerson, one of the first to use a Moog synth for "mainstream" music. Also, a good doc for anyone who thinks electronic music is just "pushing a button". Those people couldn't be more wrong.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?

A classic of the 80's and still highly enjoyable to this day . Stephen Dorff in probably his best role to date plays a precocious twelve year old, who together with his best buddy basically open a portal to demonic realms, and have to deal with the consequences. Hilarity, horror cliches and heavy metal all ensue, ensuring this film a place in the heart of most genre fans.

I started watching a serie on Netflix called Sense 8 : it is so original and well produced, however a lil bit slow--> 7/10
I haven't seen it yet but I'm a big fan of the wachowski sisters.