Next Movie Forums List?

Tools    

I don't think we should do a "foreign language" list. IMO the language a film is in is largely irrelevant and people should just watch films regardless. In a way it would help perpetuate the myth that "foreign" films are a separate genre when they aren't.

Happy to do films by country or area though - that would be interesting.

"Best Foreign Language Film" is a category at both the Academy Awards (Oscars) and the Golden Globes, though.

Master of My Domain
The 50s list is up next, but what about after that?
The 40s? Or if people don't like the idea going slow with the older decades then maybe a list that covers the 20s, 30s, and 40s in one countdown.

Let the night air cool you off
I think each of those three decades deserve their own list, but I'm curious how much participation we'd get if that's the way we went. But we usually have a list between decades list, or at least we've done it the last three times.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
We should do a full '40s list whenever we do it. We can do non-English-language or cult (may be hard to define).

Master of My Domain
Yeah, we should at least give the 40s a full countdown.

I could come up with at least 15 Animated shows i love and could easily stretch it to 25 of ones i like. If we were to do it i'd watch a bunch of Anime though.

Let the night air cool you off
I know Guapo and Zotis would be good for 25 each and there are some other anime fans. And I'm sure others who aren't that interested could give us at least 10. If necessary, we could make the list a top 50 instead of top 100.