Scary Scenes from Non-Horror Movies?

Tools    

I have to return some videotapes...
Probably been done before, but whatever. Mine is from Zodiac (2007) where Gyllenhaal goes into the basement of what might be the Zodiac Killer; the scene is incredibly eerie and is masterfully directed by Fincher.

Welcome to the human race...
As soon as I saw the thread title my first thought was the diner scene from Mulholland Drive.

As soon as I saw the thread title my first thought was the diner scene from Mulholland Drive.
Holy sh*t so true. That shot as it moves towards the corner, Lynch really used tension in that film well.

Requiem For A Dream

That Scene

And the movie is just perfect.

I was actually going to mention this scene, but I don't really know if it scared me as much as I was just marveling at the idea of the scene. Brilliant film.

Also another that popped into my mind that always screwed me up when I was a kid was the Spiderman (2002) Goblin Gas scene where Willem Dafoe leaps at the other doctor, it's so scary even to this day. That Raimi quirk really suited those movies well, also honorable mention to Spiderman 2's (2004) Doc Ock hospital scene.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I've never been scared by a scene in a movie but ones that were quite creepy would be the scene from Seven when they find the almost mummified man in the apartment...and he starts to breath!

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

Blissfully Oblivious
^^^^^ I saw that scene once and now I have to turn my head every time it comes up. Don't forget about the Lust scene as well. I know it doesn't show anything but just the implication alone.

Probably been done before, but whatever. Mine is from Zodiac (2007) where Gyllenhaal goes into the basement of what might be the Zodiac Killer; the scene is incredibly eerie and is masterfully directed by Fincher.
The scene in Clash of the Titans where Calibos sees and then traces the trail of footprints in the sand. Realising he's been spied on, he bears his teeth in a grimace.

As a kid, I found all the Calibos scenes more scary than Medusa actually, but that bit in particular. Also I think it's more impactful because of the freeze-frame prior to the cut.

Obviously this won't be quite the example you're looking for as sometimes horror and fantasy can go hand in hand. I think that was the case here.

I remember a face coming round the corner of a wall but I haven't seen it in years.

Hidden (Caché) has a real jolt in it:

WARNING: spoilers below
When Majid slits his throat. I can't remember ever jumping with shock during a film before or since but this really came out of nowhere.

Movie Forums Extra
Sweeney Todd - Barber scene :d