What Movie Do You Want a Sequel To?

Tools    

Dredd – how many Blu-ray sales and petition signatures does it take?
Well, given that it is a carbon-copy of The Raid, you could try watching The Raid 2?

Well, given that it is a carbon-copy of The Raid, you could try watching The Raid 2?
Yeah, I heard about that. I haven't seen either film but I'll be paying attention if it's on.

Welcome to the human race...
Why stop there? You might as well say Die Hard 2 because it's also a sequel to an action movie that takes place entirely in one building.

Why stop there? You might as well say Die Hard 2 because it's also a sequel to an action movie that takes place entirely in one building.
Why would you say that? Dredd didn't take its inspiration, plot, action set-pieces and tone from Diehard did it? But it did take them from The Raid... The Raid 2 is a similar movie with a larger budget.

Welcome to the human race...
Why would you say that? Dredd didn't take its inspiration, plot, action set-pieces and tone from Diehard did it? But it did take them from The Raid... The Raid 2 is a similar movie with a larger budget.
The only tangible similarity between Dredd and The Raid is that both films use the same plot about a police officer fighting their way through a building full of criminals - and the reason I brought up Die Hard is that it already did such a plot back in the '80s. Beyond that, Dredd does a good job of distinguishing itself from The Raid by having a post-apocalyptic sci-fi setting and having next to no martial-arts whatsoever - as a result, acting like The Raid 2 serves the exact same function as an actual Dredd 2 is extremely reductive and does not take into account how different the original films actually are.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I'd like to see another Hellboy.
Oh man, a few years ago I would have agreed with you. But seeing the movies again, neither one is particularly good. There are some good BITS in there and Perlman is pretty cool but it just comes across as such a ... benign movie, when compared to some of the exceptional comic book movies we've had in recent years.

Basically, it hasn't aged well. Like Crash Bandicoot.

"I need your clothes, your boots and your motorcycle"

taken 4: How is this still happening

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
It's not really a "movie", but Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog needs a sequel. Joss Whedon says that it will happen eventually, but he doesn't know when. Since HIMYM is over, and "Castle" is probably going to be cancelled soon, now is a good time.

A sequel to Leon/The Professional about Matilda is one of the most effortless ones that I can think of.
There was supposed to be a sequel with Matilda as a teenaged assassin.

I have to return some videotapes...
I'd like to see another Ghost Rider (hopefully better than Ghost Rider 2).
Why? The original Ghost Rider is garbage and so is the sequel.

It had a couple sequels that were direct-to-video (I think?), and none of them worked. So I'd like to see a big budget, live-action sequel to Starship Troopers (1997).
Maybe it's 20 years after the first one takes place so some of the original cast could make cameo appearances, (at least Doogie Howser could show up).

Also... a sequel to Mel Brooks' History of the World Part I (1981)
But I'm not sure what they'd name it... (get it?)

Please hold your applause till after the me.
I use to say that Zombie Land needed a sequel, but since that's happening now, I need to find a new on

Am I the only one that wants another Firefly movie (Serenity 2, or, I don't know), or is Fox pulling the only gonna give us one of everything with Firefly.

And why not try and make the first good Darkman sequel, there was so much potential in that first film, to bad the direct to DVD sequels ruined.

Again, am I the only one who thinks that Fantastic Mr. Fox could do a lot of great things with a sequel.

Titanic (1997)...I like to see a sequel showing the events that happened in the weeks after the Titanic survivors reached New York. There was much drama created by the newspaper men and by two investigations into the seeking...one US and the other British. Each investigation came to a different conclusion as to the blame for the sinking.

A Night to Remember

This movie portrays the events surrounding the sinking and the trial. It reconstructs the event of that night based on the court records. They tell the story from several points of view including a young couple that does not include Leonardo Dicaprio or Kate Winslet. It is not a sequel, but it seems to be something that you might want to see given your interest.

i know you guys might not agree with me but i would want scream 5 and descent 3

Controversial perhaps but some may agree. I'd quite like to see what we would have had if Matthew Vaughn had directed a sequel to X-Men: First Class and if Henry Jackman had been able to do the music.

Boldly going.
I'd like to see a sequel to Time Bandits. We saw the movie 4 times during pizza parties in elementary school and I loved it. I've got the DVD - I watch it occasionally and the movie still stands up well. The ending is a bit of a cliffhanger; I'd be curious to see what happened to Kevin and the other bandits.
Of course, it will probably never happen, but it's fun to dream.