Recast your favorite movies

Tools    

I had Shaw in mind for Anton Chigurh after watching him in From Russia with Love, as Donald "Red" Grant, a quiet, ruthless killer sent after James Bond to kill him and recover a valuable decoding device.

I had Shaw in mind for Anton Chigurh after watching him in From Russia with Love, as Donald "Red" Grant, a quiet, ruthless killer sent after James Bond.
Yeah, he was great in that role. Good fight too, and as we can see from Spectre as well as The Spy Who Loved Me, it casts a long shadow.

I was piecing together my list for Blade Runner earlier and trying to match people, roughly, to the age of the original actors. I was quite surprised at how young Daryl Hannah and Sean Young were for example. Looking at your Reservoir Dogs list I pictured Robert Mitchum as Mr Blonde, but he'd have been too old.

Taxi Driver directed by Tyler Perry

Travis Bickle played by Ken Jeong
Iris played by Shaquille O'Neal
Betsy played by Jackie Stallone
Sport played by Azis Ansari
Travis coworkers played by One Direction

What did you think of Lee Van Cleef as Mr. Blonde? Van Cleef would have been about 34 in 1959.
I'm not sure because you might be expecting Lee Van Cleef to be the one that goes rogue.

Alternate Beauty and the Beast (2016)

Belle: Daisy Ridley

The Beast: Jamie Campbell Bower (he looks a lot like the Prince, would be motion capture)

Gaston: Liam Hemsworth

Maurice: Timothy Spall

Cogsworth: Martin Freeman or Ewan McGregor

Lumiere: James McAvoy

Mrs. Potts: Imelda Staunton

Monsieur d'Arque: Ian McKellen

Lefou: Jonah Hill

The Mask of Zorro (1984)

Alejandro Murrieta/Zorro: Mandy Patkin

Don Diego de la Vega: Christopher Lee

Elena Montero: Madeleine Stowe

Don Rafael Montero: Ricardo Montalban

Captain Harrison Love: Michael Biehn

Really, Lee and Montalban are interchangeable in my opinion.

The Mask of Zorro (1984)

Alejandro Murrieta/Zorro: Mandy Patkin

Don Diego de la Vega: Christopher Lee

Elena Montero: Madeleine Stowe

Don Rafael Montero: Ricardo Montalban

Captain Harrison Love: Michael Biehn

Really, Lee and Montalban are interchangeable in my opinion.
Was Ricardo Montalban ever in a version of Zorro?

A Fistful of Dollars (1989)

Joe: Liam Neeson

Marisol: Pernilla August

Ramon Rojo: Gary Oldman

Silvanito: Eli Wallach

Don Miguel Rojo: Richard Chaves

Esteban Rojo: Steven Bauer

Chico: Sven-ole Thorsen

For a Few Dollars More (1990)

Manco: Liam Neeson

Colonel Douglas Mortimer: Anthony Hopkins

El Indio: Gary Oldman

Nino: Sven-ole Thorsen

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly (1991)

Blondie: Liam Neeson

Tuco Ramirez: Danny Trejo

Angel Eyes: Alan Rickman

Corporal Wallace: Sven-ole Thorsen

I would love to see a film version of Murder She Wrote: -

In the part of Jessica Fletcher I would cast Eddie Redmayne: -

And her nephew, Grady Fletcher would be played by Dwayne Johnson: -

or Columbo starring Jesse Ventura.

"Oh... uh, one more thing... I don't mean to take up more of your time... but if you'll bear with me just one more minute... just one question then I promise I'll be on my way... something my wife said at breakfast keeps nagging at me... there was one thing that just kept bothering me... I couldn't help but notice..."

or Columbo starring Jesse Ventura.

"Oh... uh, one more thing... I don't mean to take up more of your time... but if you'll bear with me just one more minute... just one question then I promise I'll be on my way... something my wife said at breakfast keeps nagging at me... there was one thing that just kept bothering me... I couldn't help but notice..."

This is an interesting question... Does the Columbo character have two eyes or one? i.e. Is Falk's glass eye playing the role of a real eye?

I don't think it was ever established that Columbo had a glass eye.
So I think Falk was playing a two-good-eyed character. Therefore his glass eye was indeed playing a real eye on the show.
Unless of course they acknowledged the glass eye (since I never saw every episode, I don't know).